Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is a takeover in the offing?

What with the mysterious, late departure of Pearson, the seemingly unaffordable Sousa touted as a replacement, the late availability of kit, presumed to be due to uncertainty of sponsor Hoos quoted as looking a 4 options, Milan's upcoming court case early August, seemingly absolutely no cash available is a takeover rather than just investment on the near horizon despite their volunteered denials?

What with the mysterious, late departure of Pearson, the seemingly unaffordable Sousa touted as a replacement, the late availability of kit, presumed to be due to uncertainty of sponsor Hoos quoted as looking a 4 options, Milan's upcoming court case early August, seemingly absolutely no cash available is a takeover rather than just investment on the near horizon despite their volunteered denials?

Have you heard something? I've heard an interesting rumour from a very reliable source...

Don't be shy then.

Done deal. Complete takeover - buyout of Milan. They didn't hit it off with Pearson so he was moved on...

Just telling what I've heard. Could be 100% rubbish but the source I heard it from is very VERY reliable. Don't ask me to tell you where I got it from - I don't want t risk the guys job. I don't post on here often so don't slate me if it turns out to be cr*p!

Have you heard something? I've heard an interesting rumour from a very reliable source...

Nope, just putting 1+1 together and making 3.

There's been confirmed reports about all sorts of potential 'investors' visiting the ground any of whom could be more interested than playing second fiddle to Mandaric.

Done deal. Complete takeover - buyout of Milan. They didn't hit it off with Pearson so he was moved on...Just telling what I've heard. Could be 100% rubbish but the source I heard it from is very VERY reliable. Don't ask me to tell you where I got it from - I don't want t risk the guys job. I don't post on here often so don't slate me if it turns out to be cr*p!

I heard this yesterday and put it on another thread

It astounds me that anyone wants to invest in Leicester City with all of our debt, but then again Cardiff got some Chinese bloke in so I suppose it's not all down to financial situations. Really hope thi is true, time for a change.

Also if this investment thing is true then we've got to thank Pearson for getting us to the playoffs because I doubt anyone would be interested if we were 17th every season like back in the Rob Kelly era.

Dunno exactly all i know is they didnt want NP in charge and i think they asked for Paulo :dunno: But im glad you said that i thought i was going mad. I mean if it has some truth behind it, it sort of makes sense of whats been happening with NP going so fast etc

I think its going to be announced before we bring in Sousa/whoever, alot of people have said Birch was getting removed from his post, there's no way Milan wanted that because if i remember correctly, birch was the one that convinced milan to buy the club because they had been friends for ages. Unless this group/buyer wants this to be very private, i dont understand why milan isnt saying anything, whatever he does he's stuffed, if he sells any of the "best" players, he knows the fans will be outraged.

i doubt any takeover is imminent tbh.. imagine they wouyld have been happy with pearson if a plan was to takeover (you only have to see how many people didnt waant him to go untill it was actually anounced ) so if a a takeover was in place alot more would have been done to keep him and could/should have meant a budget for him to have for players..

to have plans to take over and bring in sousa would have meant planning from a while back and so so0mething would have leaked by now..

just more speculation on things imo..

At this point having someone new come in would be good. Mandy looks a little bored with the whole deal.

Plus he's had nothing but hassle since he came here. The bloke is 72 and probably doesnt need the headache of all that is Leicester City.

Many people have commented on here about his lack of investment and that he is somehow ripping off the fans, manager etc and doing everything on the cheap for his own personal gain.

Lets be fair about this, regardless of how much money he's put into the club, he HAS put money in. That is a fact that cannot be questioned. He brought in several managers so yes that rests at his door as they were poor decisions, especially Martin Allen.

All in all, he's done nothing at this club that any of the other chairman in the past have done. He's made decisions that he feels would benefit the club (remember he is a business man looking to make money so to generate that the club would need to be successful) and all he's got in return is stick from the fans, managers letting him down (with the exception of NP) and money which he's worked hard for swimming down the black hole that is LCFC.

I dont blame him for selling and I wouldnt blame him after he goes if he releases an interview saying what a massive mistake it was to buy us in the first place.

to have plans to take over and bring in sousa would have meant planning from a while back and so so0mething would have leaked by now..

Like inviting him to the play off semi final :thumbup:

Like inviting him to the play off semi final :thumbup:

how long ago was the play off and only now is it coming out (and most likely only now because of the np leaving situation), if there was more in it then i reckon we would have heard something before now...

look how quick the np rumours got out, was out before even the papers were quoting things..

Personally I think the takeover is very MUCH ON and has been even before the Playoff Semi's i.e. Sousa being a guest of MM at one of the games - why Paulo and what relationship has he with MM other than purely business in relation to becoming boss here.

It maybe that the consortium do not want Pearson - not high profile enough compared to Sousa - and he was subsequently pushed on before the new consortium moved in. MM has done much for City and maybe getting fed up with it now and may be just cutting his losses or making a small profit by selling us now. Maybe having Pearson gone was part of the conditions of the takeover?? This is just my slant on it.

Nope, just putting 1+1 together and making 3.

There's been confirmed reports about all sorts of potential 'investors' visiting the ground any of whom could be more interested than playing second fiddle to Mandaric.

I think it's hard not to at the moment, the whole NP thing does seem a bit more bizarre than it being just part of the usual summer managerial merry go round. One would also have to question why Mandaric would want to continue putting money into the club at his age, when with the financial position growing ever tighter I'd have thought the best chance of getting to the Premier League and making everything OK again slipped through our fingers last season

Archived