Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is a takeover in the offing?

I want Milan Mandaric out of this club more than anything, but it does worry me who would come in, We could get any dodgy ****er, Milan is dodgy enough.

ditto Mandy's time is up , all this 3 year plan is bullshit and he shud just admit hes got no money left and scout for potential buyers!!

Guest Mee-9

My view on it all is this: (Probably way off course, but I've been trying to reach a conclusion on all the info over the last few months I've found out) :whistle:

Sousa was invited by Mandaric to the Cardiff home leg, as a possible replacement for Nigel Pearson.

This could be seen as a few different ways, Mandaric wanted Pearson to go, Mandaric and Sousa are just mates OR (Speculation) Mandaric found a Investor willing to pledge some money into the club, or buy the club off him, and they didn't want Nigel Pearson to manage the team. It's seems odd also that we've not had a foreign manager at Leicester City, and all of a sudden why the change for a foreign manager after 125 years of all British and Irish managers?

I remember reading on here, there we're 3 businessmen at the Walkers a few weeks back. Also Stringer said that in November, an American Consortium were shown around the club, and these were intrested in Investment.

Everyone is right to think something fishy is going on. The whole Pearson buisness does not add up, he has as good as said he did not want to leave.

There has been a deathly silence from the club apart from a couple of sentances of the usual speil. Somefins going on.

I have read through some old news stories today and on reflection it all adds up to me and makes perfect sense. It goes like this...

June 2008

Pearson named as Leicester boss. MM says "Nigel is the right man to take this club forward. He has a great mix of experience, integrity and enthusiasm."

October 2009

Rumours surface of takeover. MM says "I have had a group of people but not to buy the club or invest. I am not looking to sell the club or anything like that. But [it's] to help us review our marketing possibilities, our international exposure and to raise money through the assets of the club."

March 2010

Pearson to sign new contract. MM says "He's here to stay at least as long as I'm here, so there is no problem with Nigel's contract. We are in contact, we have dialogue - it is really a rolling contract so when the year is finished there is another year coming. We are trying to do something more but Nigel is not concerned - it is not an issue."

May 2010

Playoff semi-final 1st leg. Sousa is in attendance at the game. NP appears more downbeat than usual in post-match interview.

June 2010

Leicester shocked by NP exit. Hoos "We were very surprised with the initial inquiry from Hull. He obviously liked what they had to offer and felt it was an appropriate time to go."

NP surprised. "I think Hull were surprised as I was myself. But things happen quickly in football and the clubs agreed compensation quickly so there we are."

Interesting times indeed.

MM has been playing this for months imo. Shocked? No chance. :giggle:

I have read through some old news stories today and on reflection it all adds up to me and makes perfect sense. It goes like this...

June 2008

Pearson named as Leicester boss. MM says "Nigel is the right man to take this club forward. He has a great mix of experience, integrity and enthusiasm."

October 2009

Rumours surface of takeover. MM says "I have had a group of people but not to buy the club or invest. I am not looking to sell the club or anything like that. But [it's] to help us review our marketing possibilities, our international exposure and to raise money through the assets of the club."

March 2010

Pearson to sign new contract. MM says "He's here to stay at least as long as I'm here, so there is no problem with Nigel's contract. We are in contact, we have dialogue - it is really a rolling contract so when the year is finished there is another year coming. We are trying to do something more but Nigel is not concerned - it is not an issue."

May 2010

Playoff semi-final 1st leg. Sousa is in attendance at the game. NP appears more downbeat than usual in post-match interview.

June 2010

Leicester shocked by NP exit. Hoos "We were very surprised with the initial inquiry from Hull. He obviously liked what they had to offer and felt it was an appropriate time to go."

NP surprised. "I think Hull were surprised as I was myself. But things happen quickly in football and the clubs agreed compensation quickly so there we are."

Interesting times indeed.

MM has been playing this for months imo. Shocked? No chance. :giggle:

'NP appears more downbeat than usual'

That must have been a really shit interview.

Is was also probably to do with the fact that we'd just lost the play-off semi final first leg.

Erm. And the fact that he had half his first team squad wanting to kill one of his first choice centre backs, investigations going off and rumours flying all over the place?

Yes we get it, you like the Thai flag. Do you have a point??? :whistle:

The obvious Thai investor would be Thaksin Shinawatra - invested in Man City before the Arabs took over. Unfortunately he's an international fugitive. The Thai government has an arrest warrant out for him on terrorism charges (after all the recent unrest in Bangkok, which he reportedly funded). He also has a black name with Amnesty International, which has linked him to extra judicial killings in his 'war on drugs' when he was Thai PM. Oh, and he's been found guilty of corruption in a previous trial (after which, he did a runner). The words 'fit' and 'proper' don't really apply to Thaksin.

That said, there are plenty of rich families here. The bloke who owns Beer Chang (Everton's sponsor) is apparently looking to have more links with English football, and there's the the Red Bull bloke, who's worth billions. From the Malaysian side, my bet would Tony Fernandes - owner of AirAsia (who sponsor Premier League referees), and the Lotus F1 team.

But it's all speculation anyway - just offering a few Oriental options & opinions... I've heard nothing from the local press out here.

Plus he's had nothing but hassle since he came here. The bloke is 72 and probably doesnt need the headache of all that is Leicester City.

Many people have commented on here about his lack of investment and that he is somehow ripping off the fans, manager etc and doing everything on the cheap for his own personal gain.

Lets be fair about this, regardless of how much money he's put into the club, he HAS put money in. That is a fact that cannot be questioned. He brought in several managers so yes that rests at his door as they were poor decisions, especially Martin Allen.

All in all, he's done nothing at this club that any of the other chairman in the past have done. He's made decisions that he feels would benefit the club (remember he is a business man looking to make money so to generate that the club would need to be successful) and all he's got in return is stick from the fans, managers letting him down (with the exception of NP) and money which he's worked hard for swimming down the black hole that is LCFC.

I dont blame him for selling and I wouldnt blame him after he goes if he releases an interview saying what a massive mistake it was to buy us in the first place.

Yeah, but saying that is too ambiguous. It gives the impression that Milan is keeping the club afloat with his own chequebook, which he isn't. All he's doing is writing the club's debt into his name, not paying it. If/When he leaves, the debt won't leave with him - in fact, we'll owe him proabably around £12m which he'll make us pay at an interest rate that suits him. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's putting the club's debt against profits from his other companies to dodge tax, like the Glazers are doing at Man Utd.

Essentially, all Milan has done for the club is give us a loan, whilst taking us to our lowest ever league position on a managerial merry-go-round. The sooner he leaves the better to be honest.

Yeah, but saying that is too ambiguous. It gives the impression that Milan is keeping the club afloat with his own chequebook, which he isn't. All he's doing is writing the club's debt into his name, not paying it. If/When he leaves, the debt won't leave with him - in fact, we'll owe him proabably around £12m which he'll make us pay at an interest rate that suits him. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's putting the club's debt against profits from his other companies to dodge tax, like the Glazers are doing at Man Utd.

Essentially, all Milan has done for the club is give us a loan, whilst taking us to our lowest ever league position on a managerial merry-go-round. The sooner he leaves the better to be honest.

That is generally what happens in business and is not exclusive to Milan. The real point I was making is that a lot of people are saying the same thing that you are about MM but you cannot deny that during his time at the club, he has spent money. You can't buy a business and not invest in it, especially a football club. I dont deny that the way things have turned out are nowhere near how we wanted. When he bought the club I was expecting £3m signings etc like everyone else but I think it's too harsh to say that he's taken no risk to himself and also not spent a penny as economically that just cannot be true.

To many people are looking to point the finger and I fear that this could put any future investor off the club.

Archived