Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zingari

Coronation Street

No Zings

It's just a ratings thing . . . . . :whistle:

weren't they interested in ratings back then ? :)

Dennis Tanner was a bit of a tearaway in his youth , i think he got arrested for speeding on his motorbike down  Rosamund street .

I think that was the start of the moral decay  

It's been a ratings war ever since IMO 

weren't they interested in ratings back then ? :)

Dennis Tanner was a bit of a tearaway in his youth , i think he got arrested for speeding on his motorbike down Rosamund street .

I think that was the start of the moral decay

It's been a ratings war ever since IMO

I think it went downhill when Deirdre stopped wearing her "Dennis Taylor specs" lol

I think it went downhill when Deirdre stopped wearing her "Dennis Taylor specs" lol

Oh yeah I forgot about that .

Frumpy housewife  to sex siren in one visit to specsavers . :D

i miss the Alec Gilroy , Reg Holdsworth type of humour that used to be in Corrie . It seems too much serious drama these days. 

Oh yeah I forgot about that .

Frumpy housewife to sex siren in one visit to specsavers . :D

i miss the Alec Gilroy , Reg Holdsworth type of humour that used to be in Corrie . It seems too much serious drama these days.

I agree Zings

However there is the odd Steve McDonald gem and that annoying twonk Norris lol

How come the most dramatic things that happened in Corrie Street for the first 20 years were stuff like Mavis's budgie dying , Jack losing his favourite racing pigeon , Albert Tatlock misplacing his war medals or Florrie Lindlay  short changing Elsie Tanner for her weekly groceries , but now there's a murder , rape , robbery , tragic accidents and graphic violence  nearly every week ?

Is it indicative of British society as a whole? 

I think the soaps are a sort of social engineering machine and that many youngsters have social traits rubbed off onto them from what they see on tv between 7 and 8pm. 

Wonder if we'll see Les Batersby again, his character just disappeared into thin air!

Beverly Callard could have someone's eye out lol

Oh and deirdre barlow my odds are on her being caught in bed with Tracy's new bloke  :)

Edited by Leicesterpool

Don't watch Corrie but saw this in the paper and it made me laugh. Celebrities capacity for self-destruction never fails to amaze me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/coronation-street-star-chris-fountain--suspended-over-totally-unacceptable-secret-rap-alterego-the-phantom-8770051.html

What a tool.......I am for not seeing the thread already started on this topic :(

Edited by Paddy Akinbiyi

That's about when I started watching DT

You haven't missed much I 

I actually have over three hundred hours of it from the seventies, and some from the sixties. Good old Ena. They don't make 'em like her any more.

Nice to know the Rovers Return is still there. Expect they've ponced it up a bit now.

I actually have over three hundred hours of it from the seventies, and some from the sixties. Good old Ena. They don't make 'em like her any more.

Nice to know the Rovers Return is still there. Expect they've ponced it up a bit now.

Yes it's more like Dallas or Beverley Hills 90210 these days .

Never watched the things, biggest pile of shite ever created for television. That goes for all soaps.

Saying that, I could probably recite the last 10 episodes without watching them.

The 65 year old owner of the local pub gets tw@tted round the head with an glass by ____, who got made redundant and as a result often beats his wife _____, who gets local (bald) hard nut ______ to murder him and then enter a relationship. However annoying b!tch ____ finds out and in a rush trips over and enters a concussion, later getting strangled by the local hard nut when she returns home,who buries both their bodies in a sh!thole farm. The ower, local farmer _____ realises what has happened and keeps his mouth shut and moves from the farm. At this point the owner of the pub dies in hospital and the police catch to the murders. Local hard nut becomes paranoid and kills his girlfriend whose husband he also killed. Police find bodies in farm and rush to local hard nut's house, who has over dosed on painkillers ad died. Local farmer arrested and commits suicide at pub. At this point, the Christmas party at the local pub is on, but then a train disconnects from the track at the back of the pub.

Everyone dies allowing for a whole new cast of w@nkers to dull our lives eve more.  

Total death count : 57.    

Never watched the things, biggest pile of shite ever created for television. That goes for all soaps.

Saying that, I could probably recite the last 10 episodes without watching them.

The 65 year old owner of the local pub gets tw@tted round the head with an glass by ____, who got made redundant and as a result often beats his wife _____, who gets local (bald) hard nut ______ to murder him and then enter a relationship. However annoying b!tch ____ finds out and in a rush trips over and enters a concussion, later getting strangled by the local hard nut when she returns home,who buries both their bodies in a sh!thole farm. The ower, local farmer _____ realises what has happened and keeps his mouth shut and moves from the farm. At this point the owner of the pub dies in hospital and the police catch to the murders. Local hard nut becomes paranoid and kills his girlfriend whose husband he also killed. Police find bodies in farm and rush to local hard nut's house, who has over dosed on painkillers ad died. Local farmer arrested and commits suicide at pub. At this point, the Christmas party at the local pub is on, but then a train disconnects from the track at the back of the pub.

Everyone dies allowing for a whole new cast of w@nkers to dull our lives eve more.

Total death count : 57.

Your a big fan then? :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Some rum bastard just called someone a pussy in The Rovers on Corrie. You can't do that! My Mrs was appalled. It's only quart to nine for crying out loud.

I had to rewind a few times to see if he actually said that because I thought I was going mad. Language like that shouldn't be at place in the Rovers.