Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Farley

Public Enemy

Used to be a big fan of these a long time ago and still love the albums 'It Takes a Nation of Millions' and 'Fear of a Black Planet' but not really listened to them for years.

I remember listening to 'Politics of a Sneaker Pimp' alot when it came out around 99 and did buy the 'Game Face' album or whatever it was called.

I've not followed what they are doing for a while now but a few months ago I heard Professor Griff on some talk radio show in the US chatting about secret societies and the music business, which was pretty good stuff.

The amount of voice samples these guys have provided to hip hop and rave tunes used to be ridic! Not sure if folk still sample them though 'cos I don't know much new music.

Used to be a big fan of these a long time ago and still love the albums 'It Takes a Nation of Millions' and 'Fear of a Black Planet' but not really listened to them for years.

I remember listening to 'Politics of a Sneaker Pimp' alot when it came out around 99 and did buy the 'Game Face' album or whatever it was called.

I've not followed what they are doing for a while now but a few months ago I heard Professor Griff on some talk radio show in the US chatting about secret societies and the music business, which was pretty good stuff.

The amount of voice samples these guys have provided to hip hop and rave tunes used to be ridic! Not sure if folk still sample them though 'cos I don't know much new music.

You're just an old fart now El :P

Fear of a Black Planet and it takes a nation... are stonewall classics of the genre, at the time they were ground breaking both musically and politically and they are a must for almost everyones record collection.

That said I can probably name one song from them since about 1990 and that is he got game, that sampled buffalo springfield

This one infact

Quality tune I may add

Fear of a Black Planet and it takes a nation... are stonewall classics of the genre, at the time they were ground breaking both musically and politically and they are a must for almost everyones record collection.

That said I can probably name one song from them since about 1990 and that is he got game, that sampled buffalo springfield

This one infact

Quality tune I may add

Apocalypse 91 contains some of the best intro tunes on an album ever! Lost at Birth, Rebirth, Nighttrain, Can't Truss It. Bass in your face!

I'd say after that one maybe they lost their edge a bit, but it comes to almost all bands with age, especially ones that are radical and outspoken. Age mellows us all.

I'll give 1 of there albums another listen sometime this week I reckon. I dont understand why I've never been able to get into em.

Try the 1st 4 albums? Yo! Bum Rush The Show, It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back (I can remember Dr Fox reviewing this on ITV and saying how horribly anti-white it was :rolleyes: ), Fear of a Black Planet or Apocalypse 91... The Enemy Strikes Black.

Apocalypse 91 contains some of the best intro tunes on an album ever! Lost at Birth, Rebirth, Nighttrain, Can't Truss It. Bass in your face!

I'd say after that one maybe they lost their edge a bit, but it comes to almost all bands with age, especially ones that are radical and outspoken. Age mellows us all.

Try the 1st 4 albums? Yo! Bum Rush The Show, It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back (I can remember Dr Fox reviewing this on ITV and saying how horribly anti-white it was :rolleyes: ), Fear of a Black Planet or Apocalypse 91... The Enemy Strikes Black.

This !

Probably my favourite ever band for what they did on the first 4 albums.

I just wish rap music was as interesting, political, inventive today.

As Trav says the opening 4 tracks on Apocalypse 91 are probably the greatest of any album ever!

This !

Probably my favourite ever band for what they did on the first 4 albums.

I just wish rap music was as interesting, political, inventive today.

As Trav says the opening 4 tracks on Apocalypse 91 are probably the greatest of any album ever!

I remembered you saying this, but it is very very true. :thumbup:

Archived