Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MisterKee

Roughest Area of Leicester

116 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, where is the roughest area of Leicester?

Those who think St Matthews is rough should check out the Meadows, St Anns or another crime-ridden estate in Nottingham.

Strange though it may seem, Leicester estates are actually pretty tame compared to equivalent areas elsewhere, especially in Glasgow or the North.

lol so much cringe-worthiness.

Firstly, as others have pointed out, literally no area of the county should be on here and you've missed some of the City's worst estates. Secondly, everyone thinks their own estate is the roughest anyway and thirdly - who gives a toss?

Think St. Matts ranks statistically as the worst for crime, does it not? Certainly the "central" district (St. Matts / Marks / Peters / Northfields) is the area most police will tell you they're less keen to go, from those I've spoken to.

Every estate has it's stories though. Working around council housing you hear all sorts of horrors, I've listened to tales about the Monsell, the Saff and the New Parks that have made me fucking glad not to have to live there! Haha. Probably the same for everywhere really. In every city.

Edit: Oh, and, to join the Lahndan bandwagon - living in North London was the only time I've been the victim of direct crime and the only time I've ever been genuinely nervous about the area I live in.

Ref Lahndan - thats Southerners for you, dont trust em!!!

Those who think St Matthews is rough should check out the Meadows, St Anns or another crime-ridden estate in Nottingham.

Strange though it may seem, Leicester estates are actually pretty tame compared to equivalent areas elsewhere, especially in Glasgow or the North.

At the moment i would have to agree - in the past some of Leicester's estates have been as bad as owt in any other City, but i have to say at present in my opinion (as you have pointed out) there are far worse estates elsewhere in the country - mainly up north but some in Southerners haven Lahndan etc. Its interesting to point out though only a couple of years ago a study was completed in terms of average income per household / debt / poverty etc etc and i believe i am right in saying the St Matthews estate was one of the worst in the whole country (including Glasgow estates etc) on average per person/ household etc etc

Northfields - Drug Dealers etc all got evicted years ago. Dont think its bad anymore.

Not so true about the drug dealers. Been a couple of raids round there recently discovering a few thousand quids worth each. Definitely not as bad as it was before I was born / the earlier years of my life, though.

Think St. Matts ranks statistically as the worst for crime, does it not? Certainly the "central" district (St. Matts / Marks / Peters / Northfields) is the area most police will tell you they're less keen to go, from those I've spoken to.

Northfields?? Really?!! If I were a copper, I'd be less happy to go many places - Saff, Monsell, "Dodge" in Braunstone and New Parks, to name but a few. They're all so, so much worse than Northfields. Although I'm biased I guess 'cos I grew up around Northfields and know a lot of people there lol.

The Meadows I'll give you. Genuinely is a place I've avoided like the plague, both on reputation outside Nottingham and under the advice of people I've met since I've been living here. St Anns has a massively bad reputation, but I'd argue that you'll only get trouble in St Anns if you go looking for it. The people there know who want to start / cause problems, and it's those people who are usually "the victims" in my experience.

How's Radford rank in terms of crime? It looks pretty rough round there and I lived right next to a gun-shop there in my first year at uni lol. Saw a fat kid after he'd been mugged and had his clothes taken off him on the main road there. :| :|

Frankston really?

My aunty used to live on Bloom Street opposite the railway track and Jubilee Park.

Only visited once 10 years ago but seemed nice!

I know it well, used to play footy at Jubilee Park and my gym is at the university just near bloom st. Frankston is fine it's just in the centre around the railway station you get a lot of ferals.

I know it well, used to play footy at Jubilee Park and my gym is at the university just near bloom st. Frankston is fine it's just in the centre around the railway station you get a lot of ferals.

Saying that I do remember pulling up on a road to look out over the sea and parked in front was a man hanging out of his car with needles all around him.

She's moved to Mornington now so probably agreed it was a shithole.

We don't call it the Whetto Ghetto for no reason. I swear i'm the hardest person there.

I spent 2 weeks in Whetstone and there was some intresting characters that would hang around the off licence on a Friday Saturday night.

Saying that I do remember pulling up on a road to look out over the sea and parked in front was a man hanging out of his car with needles all around him.

She's moved to Mornington now so probably agreed it was a shithole.

Sounds nice

I spent 2 weeks in Whetstone and there was some intresting characters that would hang around the off licence on a Friday Saturday night.

Do you mean the Whetstone in London or in Leicester? Cuz if its the Leicester one then why the **** did you come here for 2 weeks? lol

At the moment i would have to agree - in the past some of Leicester's estates have been as bad as owt in any other City, but i have to say at present in my opinion (as you have pointed out) there are far worse estates elsewhere in the country - mainly up north but some in Southerners haven Lahndan etc. Its interesting to point out though only a couple of years ago a study was completed in terms of average income per household / debt / poverty etc etc and i believe i am right in saying the St Matthews estate was one of the worst in the whole country (including Glasgow estates etc) on average per person/ household etc etc

i heard that about the Matthews estate somewhere aswell

Why is El Empty's backyard not on the list?

Ironville yo

Chavtowns

There's some extreme bastards round here I tell thee (same as everywhere though), used to go drinking with a few of them and had an acid with them one night. F*&k me......never again!

Some real narsty attacks round here recently (one in a bath - the old school way - bang out of order and undeserved in most cases). But like everywhere else, most violence involving the real bad eggs doesn't get reported.

Edit : The chavtowns comment about youth getting off their head on Taboo is a bit wrong. It should read, "get out of their heads on Taboo, crack and green"!

Archived