Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MisterKee

Roughest Area of Leicester

116 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, where is the roughest area of Leicester?

Thoughts & opinions? Afterall, it is the place where we all live... very eager to hear people's stories & experiences...

Depends what you mean by "rough". Do you mean violent/anti-social behaviour, untidy, poor quality of life, aspirational, low expectations, poor school attendance, poor family structure, social needs, lack of infrastructure...

The people of Anstey and Birstall may be slightly confused as to why their neighbourhoods have been included as an option and Eyres Monsell, for example, hasn't.

I am of the officer class as has already been noted, so am entitled to make sweeping generalisations based on social divisions, but I think it's fair to say that the areas with the highest densities of social housing experience the most severe deprivation and associated issues. There are some grim bits in Anstey and Birstall but there are other bits where you can easily spend £300,000 plus on a house and have The Telegraph delivered to your house without anyone batting an eyelid, and you'd struggle to do that in Beaumont Leys

Birstall and Anstey are about as rough as a babies bottom

:crylaugh: As I come from Anstey and have many friends that used to/still live in Birstall I wholeheartedly agree with this. You can also add Glenfield to that. Some of the others are just scummy not proper rough like say The Saff or Stocking Farm.

Archived