Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MisterKee

Roughest Area of Leicester

116 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, where is the roughest area of Leicester?

Hand Avenue= Rough

Judging by the amount of furniture in the front gardens it seems they prefer to live outside.

In the course of my duties a few years ago, I went to a property there where they used a large plastic container as a toilet.

They kept this in the kitchen

And it was full

I am not joking

Judging by the amount of furniture in the front gardens it seems they prefer to live outside.

I know you are making reference to old furniture. But there is definitely a correlation between how rough an area is, and the number of people who sit in their front gardens rather than the back. Drive down the saff or the monny on a sunny day and they are all out there in their deckchairs.

If you drive the full circuit of the ring road you take in nearly all the nasty council estate areas (I am not saying all those living there are nasty, it's more the area reputation) Brauny, New Parks, the Leys, Stocking Farm, a touch of Northfields, etc etc

I don't pay £1,200 a year to be a member of a golf club which is located in a rough area. :nono:

Kirby is a lovely place. :wub:

Why on Earth anybody would want to pay for something I used to do on the school fields for free is beyond me.

Why on Earth anybody would want to pay for something I used to do on the school fields for free is beyond me.

With that including free meals per week and 60 coaching lessons annually amongst other deals.

What's with all the votes for Braunstone!?

Most of Braunstone is nice, luckily I live in the nice part (we've only been burgled once in the last 16 years :thumbup: ) and it's quite nice here.

Granted there are some scutty parts, and oh my if you go past the Shakespeare pub on the lane then you're taking your life into your own hands, but by jove it's not as bad as those make out.

Now Oadby, kin rough there. All those posh cars? Must be nicked.

EDIT: I used the word 'nice' THREE times in a sentence, that is just poor.

St Matthews was properly rough when I lived in Leicester, but that was a fair few years ago... maybe it's improved. :unsure: Having lived close to New Parks, Braunstone & Eyres Monsell I would say that none of them are the nicest areas by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn't class them as 'rough' in the same sense as St Matthews. :dunno:

grew up on st mathews but that was in the 70s n 80s..

have lived all over but been in new parks the last 10 years, never had a spot of bother, great neighbours, streets quiet.. (summer time few kids on the corner playing footy can lead to bickering but thats kids in general.. )

you can find good and bad in most places though to be fair..

nothing wrong with the so classed scummy council estates... can see alot more of a community on them then in alot of private areas

Archived