Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

If I were Alvarez's manager I'd be having kittens because of how Alvarez was leaving himself wide open to the right hand in the 3rd! Very risky.

And a fackin war in the fourth!

Alvarez wins in the 6th, ref stopped the fight after a barrage of heavy shots. Strong finish from Alvarez.

This is up now yo

RINGWALKS !!! A bit of Queen yo...canna beat it.

f0zrpf.gif

Maaaaaaannnn I wish I'd have kept in shape, these lads are lookin all buffed up an shit yo and I'm sitting here with pointy tits.

My money's on Ortiz yo.

Edited by El Empty

lol lunging headbutt, you can't do that marra!!!

WTF I look away for a few seconds to type this as the ref has said 'stop' because of the headbutt and the fights over before I look back.

WHOA just seen the replay and that weren't right. Headbutt from Ortiz was out of order but the finish from Floyd was just cheat shit yo. No honour in that, Ortiz's hands were still at his waist, but Floyd took his chance and sparked him!

£15 and I miss the KO in real time because Floyd starts fighting before I hear the ref say 'BOX'! Wounder!!

Floyd just said he can have rematch.

HOLY F*%KING CRAP FLOYD JUST FLIPPED ON LARRY shouting "You aint shit". Out of order mang. Larry says back "I wish I was 50 years younger...I'd kick your ass".

Gotta say that before the fight I thought that Mayweather might have lost some of his reflexes and sharpness (not seen any build up though) and I thought he might get sparked but he did look class.

Overall - Entertained but a bit pished off. Bed for a few hours. Oh yeah, what the hell was the ref doing that funny stare at? Looked like he was away with the fairies for a moment.

Edited by El Empty

Rendall Munroe fights tonight, On Sky Sports I believe, a non-title fight.

The boxing starts on Sky Sports at 8pm, trying to find out what time Rendall's fight is but havn't found any information yet.

The will Rendall on first then the main event after, good night of domestic boxer.

Got the job done, but not the most entertaining of fights.

He was never really challenged and like the commentators kept saying looked like a sparring match more than anything, must try harder next time if he wants to get back on the world stage.

Having said that inbetween rounds you heard him saying he'd hit Miyagi's forehead and his hand was hurting so maybe some hand damage had something to do with the lack of entertainment in the fight.

Edited by Matt

It's a shame how the Rees v Matthews fight ended. Accidental clash of heads resulting in 'fight stopping damage' to Matthews nose. No choice to stop the fight - technical draw so Rees still champion.

I missed Rendall's fight but heard an interview with him where he said he's thinking about leaving his job to help him to be able to train and recover more professionally. That's got to be for the way forward really.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching the undercard of the Bellew/Cleverley fight on BoxNation? Richard Keys heading the studio comms. Seems like he knows little to nothing about the sport. De Gale fight was decent, big learning curve for him. I dont like the guy but he did himself proud tonight against a much more experience & skillful, hard-hitting pro.

Fair play to the arrogant fecker!! :appl:

I thought he lost the fight if im honest, he is far too easy to hit but he still a very young guy.

Just watched Dawson/B Hop, another stain on the sport.

Can Chad do one interview without using the N word?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I thought the ref stopped the Eubank and Fury fights too soon. Thought Fury was in trouble when he got dropped! It was a good entertaining bout, but a little clumsy and unattractive. Fury needs to improve his defense a fair bit but people say he's progressing ok. I've probably only seen four or five of his fights so don't know much about him really.

Pacquiao v Marquez starts at 2am, I've booked it but don't expect that fight to start til after 4am. Not sure whether I'll be able to stay up or if I'll have to catch the repeat in the morning. Timothy Bradley v Joel Casamayor, Breidis Prescott v Mike Alvarado and Luis Cruz v Juan Carlos Burgos are on the undercard. I always look forward to watching Pacquiao although the Mosley fight was disappointing.

I found a new boxing channel on Sky called 'Box Nation' (channel 456). Looks like it has lots of fights from fighting venues all around Britain. Not sure how new it is but I think it's the first time I've noticed it.

lol You have got to love Benny Ricardo's hair! Awesome.

Edited by El Empty
  • Like 1

Ah buggery bollocks missed the Eubank JR and Tyson Fury (Potentially my favourite boxer at the moment, although still not seen him fight) fights.

Trying to stay up for the Pacman's fight, which I genuinly thought he couldn't get wound up, but think he is for this fight, should be a good fight,

:fc: I can stay up, beer hasn't helped me though, :yawn:

Well that was underwhelming.

And the decision was wrong. No way did Pacquiao win that fight. He hardly threw a punch for long periods. An example, by the 12th it was obvious he was miles behind in the scoring and needed a KO. He came out and I'm pretty sure he only threw two punches in the first 45 seconds and never went after Marquez until the final 10 seconds.

When the decision was read out I thought, "Ah, that's why he wasn't really looking for the KO, because he knew he'd got the decision whatever". Might be a conspiracy, but that's all I can think of to explain what happened. I'd like to be wrong about that but something is as fishy as this ginger birds muff I once caught a whiff of.

Stayed up til frickin 6am for that bs. Norr'appy. Feel sorry for Marquez, bad luck, you won the fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I thought the ref stopped the Eubank and Fury fights too soon. Thought Fury was in trouble when he got dropped! It was a good entertaining bout, but a little clumsy and unattractive. Fury needs to improve his defense a fair bit but people say he's progressing ok. I've probably only seen four or five of his fights so don't know much about him really.

Pacquiao v Marquez starts at 2am, I've booked it but don't expect that fight to start til after 4am. Not sure whether I'll be able to stay up or if I'll have to catch the repeat in the morning. Timothy Bradley v Joel Casamayor, Breidis Prescott v Mike Alvarado and Luis Cruz v Juan Carlos Burgos are on the undercard. I always look forward to watching Pacquiao although the Mosley fight was disappointing.

I found a new boxing channel on Sky called 'Box Nation' (channel 456). Looks like it has lots of fights from fighting venues all around Britain. Not sure how new it is but I think it's the first time I've noticed it.

lol You have got to love Benny Ricardo's hair! Awesome.

Thought I would bump this for the weekend. Superb weekend last week with Cotto getting revenge over Cheatarito.

Khan V Petersen, decent fight, I've always like Lamont and thought he was better than people gave him credit for V Bradley.........still think Khan's punching power will be the difference and he stops him last on.

Thought I would bump this for the weekend. Superb weekend last week with Cotto getting revenge over Cheatarito.

Khan V Petersen, decent fight, I've always like Lamont and thought he was better than people gave him credit for V Bradley.........still think Khan's punching power will be the difference and he stops him last on.

I friggin missed Cotto v Cheatarito lol first time I've heard him called that! Had a busy week and totally forgot about it. I will try and get a dvd of it.

Looking forward to Khan v Petersen. I think it's on normal Sky aswell which is a bonus, I've spent a small fortune this year on Box Office and Primetime.

Froch v Ward is the one I canna wait to see most though, should be a corker and a great fight to end the year on. Looking forward to that more than Crimbo dinner!

I friggin missed Cotto v Cheatarito lol first time I've heard him called that! Had a busy week and totally forgot about it. I will try and get a dvd of it.

Froch v Ward is the one I canna wait to see most though, should be a corker and a great fight to end the year on. Looking forward to that more than Crimbo dinner!

I was going to Froch-Ward until it was postponed :angry: Still can't wait but I think our boy is up agaisnt it, Ward has the potential to be P4P #1.

Cotto's whole show last week was fantastic from his entrance to his performance, I've been a huge fan ever seen I watched him in Vegas V Pacman, his fans over there were superb as well.

Here's Cotto's entrance music last week, was fantastic, translated below.

Raised in the barrio Hormigas... Miguel Angel Cotto from day 1... baptised with Taino blood... training as a child on bags of sand.. as his grandmother watches over him... I am gonna hit you with tostones (Plaintains) Yuca, and beans... what I give you to eat you are going to eat...born on 29th of october like the great Wilfredo Gomez...Today Nobody is holding me back not even a tsunami...got my moms Juana in my corner.. get your plaster wraps Mr Innocente...to smash you to shet, all I need is my intelligence... You are criminal in the public eye, I'm a champ in 3 different divisions... this is not for money...the hell with the commission and the judges... tonight is vengance...I won't give my life for boxing but I will for my family... I do it for my wife, kids and my country... and if it goes the distance , my father will give me the oxygen I need...

you want war?

you want war?

YOU want war???

(let's see who is the warrior)

I was worried for a minute, just had to double check Froch Ward wasn't postponed for a second time! Have you been to many Froch fights? I love hearing his interviews, seems like a decent guy and real pro. Yeah I'm a bit nervous about this one but fingers crossed he wins.

I take it Cotto made that music especially for this fight? I like the video where it's got the quote "Cotto hits like a girl" and then it shows his face after the fight! Gonna defo have a look to see if that dvd is available. Hopefully some of the build up will also be on the dvd. Gutted I missed it.