Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Also, after about round 8 it was effectively impossible for Haye to win on points, so why did he wait until half way through the final round before he just went for it?

He just needed to hit him more than once in the whole fight. His game plan was balls.

Perhaps - but Haye is just a muppet. He's obviously a talented boxer but he's got zero intelligence. Should have spent less time trying to psyche out one of the most rigid professionals in the sport and more time working out a strategy to actually beat him.

All the talk to come out with a show like that is embarrassing and the foot excuse is just chucking salt on his own wounds.

Agree, he's reduced boxing to WWF and I was embarrassed he used his identify as a British boxer as a vehicle for his childish antics.

Can't believe the fuss people are making about Haye's wind up tactics....when a boxer refuses to take part in those games then he is the exception and not the rule. Just look at Mayweather, Hopkins, Tarver, Tyson "i'm gonna eat his children", Khan, Jones Jr, Ali, Frazer, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on and on. Klitschko was a bit of a wet fart about it im afraid imo.

I also think people are giving Klitschko a little too much credit, he hit Haye with ONE good right hand in round 5. The rest he won by just keeping Haye distant with that jab, thats why he had a higher hit percentage, Haye didn't even attempt to throw the jab, he just threw the big left right all night hoping to connect.

Everything was stacked in Klitschko's favour, the "home" location (maybe the Germans will get a decent boxer of their own one day), the weight, the reach, the referee, Haye needed to hustle him and make him really feel the heat, Klitschko was terrified of being laid out, you could see it every time Haye wound up. Booth and Haye will be kicking themselves this morning knowing they made a horrific mistake tactically and made the fight simply easy for Klitschko in the end

I don't get why people (not neccesarily you but you've listed them with other unfair advantages) don't count height weight and reach as valid advantages but seem to treat them like they're unfair. It's part and parcel of the sport, obviously Klitschko can't control them (except weight) but I don't think it can be used as an excuse for Haye losing. He's just not a true heavyweight I'm afraid, fair enough you can say 'yeah but Tyson was only 5ft 10' but the guy was a tank and like a wild animal by the time the fight started, can you imagine Tyson ****ing around doing his laces and standing on the edge of the ring with a stupid smirk on his face to waste time?

I wanted Klitschko to win, preferably by knockout but still the fight and result was as I expected.

Edited by Kent

The fight is being repeated on Sky Box Office for all Sky customers for FREE right now, and again at 1pm and 7pm tonight. (HD too)

There was a technical fault last night due to 'high demand' that meant some viewers couldn't watch the fight. This is Sky's compensation.

isn't on for me.....

Edited by LCFC_FAN_1995

Guest MattP

Got to say how they told Haye to go through the crowd with no barriers infront of the crowd and 10 security guards and then they let Klitschko threw the right way with barriers to prevent the crowd attacking him lol

They came in from different ends mate, we were walking round the floor before the fight and the security was non existant anywhere inside the stadium, it was very strange, I;m not joking when I say there were more stewards at Leicester V Scunthorpe last year than at this fight.

Some of the fighting in the stands was horrendous and there was no one to stop it.

Guest MattP

Bute v Mendy on Primetime freeview right now for anyone who has Sky I think. It's on mine anyway.

Great stuff, future opponent for Froch no doubt.

Rios v Antillon tonight as well, could be a fight of the year.

Indeed.. I think we all knew it was over a while ago...

Great fighter and one of our most loved in recent years...

The Kosta Tszyu fight was one of the best feelings i can remember for a bout...

:appl:

Totally agree, just a shame he let his fame and money get to his head.

Guest MattP

he was a legend, gave me some great nights out....

Bute is the real deal, what a KO.....him V Froch or Ward would be fantastic.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MattP

Fury V Chisora saturday - the return of boxing to Terrestial TV and could be a cracker.....

Tyson turned up at the press conf today in his horse and cart :crylaugh:

Guest MattP

Always look forward to Khan fights more than anyone elses. Fantastic boxer

Shame he isnt fighting Bradley but could be decent, needs a decent fight after the farce of the last one. Too much of a comdown after the FOTY V Maidana.

Just a shame he has left sky now, the cocks that are managing his career now will probably ruin it. Alex Ariza had it spot on when he said you can;t have a bunch of taxi drivers running an elite athletes career. :(

Guest MattP

Khan fighting Saturday too.

Says he wants to fight Mayweather.... lol

As daft as it sounds (and he wont fight Floyd because Bradley will take Khan to pieces on workrate) Khan has the tools that Mayweather has struggled agasint the most, a fast southpaw who throws combinations. :thumbup:

Guest MattP

Just watched him on the news and its easy to see why so many people cant stand him.

Claiming he is Britains's P4P best boxer :doh:

When you have gone 5 -1 with fighters in the class of Pascal, Dirrell, Abraham, Jermaine Taylor, Glen Johnson and Kessler come back to us :laugh: