Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Anyone who had the inclination to watch the boxing last night, might have been as surprised as me to see Chisora make it through to the 12th round. He actually took some serious punches and threw a few himself.

Klitschko looked old, but remained professional to the final bell.

It can't be argued that the Klitschko brothers don't have a media agenda, and aren't keeping their reputations, on the surface, as professional and unbeatable boxing forces.

However, the palava of Chisora to gain attention, and the farce of Haye after the fight simply has tarnished the sport.

The build up video clips of Klitschko pretty much summed up how the sport of boxing has turned into something similar to the world of artifice that is wrestling.

The amount of money the Klitschko machine, and invariably any reining modern boxing champion, needs to be constantly fed, and the promoters pulling the strings behind all this bullshit, is destroying a sport which had a modicum of dignity and self-respect left. This was wiped all over the floor by Haye and Chisora when the rolled around the floor post-match, and whilst Klitchko received a mouthful of H2O in the face, it really was the boxing audience who were being spat at.

Is this the future benchmark for boxing now? Boxing has always had it's rivalry, and showmanship, but generally it was done with banter, jibes, and then settled in the ring with dignity and respect for the opposition one way or the other.

I can categorically say if this is the future of the Heavyweight game, then it's all downhill from here.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that vid psinatra. That is incredible! Chisora has the potential to be the biggest **** ever in boxing imo. The weigh in was cringe enough and that press conference after is just a farce. Loved how klitschko was just standing there laughing (proper class boxer)

Anyone been watching ON Freddie Roach? I have and recommend it.

Freddie Roach, the world-famous boxing trainer who owns and operates the famed Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, where he has produced a host of world champions. This intensely personal look at Roach chronicles his life and career against the backdrop of Parkinson's disease, an ailment very likely linked to his own boxing past. "ON FREDDIE ROACH" debuts FRIDAY, JAN. 20 (9:30-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, with other new episodes debuting the subsequent five Fridays at the same time.

Boxing trainer Freddie Roach is the subject of a new reality series from director Peter Berg ("Friday Night Lights") that will debut Friday on HBO; titled, "On Freddie Roach," it's a six-part series co-produced by HBO boxing commentator Jim Lampley.

The series delves not only into Roach's standing as the world's top boxing trainer, but into his struggle with boxing-related Parkinson's symptoms. Roach had 53 pro fights as a lightweight before retiring in 1986, though he ignored the advice of his legendary trainer, Eddie Futch, to retire and was pounded in his last six fights.

"It's hard to watch," Roach said of the series. "I truly let people into my life: good, bad, happy, lucky, sad. It's a bit overwhelming. I always wanted to be famous, but be careful what you wish for."

At a screening of Friday's premiere episode in New York, Roach said he was struck "that I shake so much," because of Parkinson's.

"I still don't think of it that much," he said. "I used to get mad when [people] would stare. I don't get mad anymore, because so many people have approached me and wanted to help, to recommend a doctor or get me one of those 'magic cures.'

"This will show how difficult [Parkinson's] is, but it still doesn't affect what I do. I'm still working … I wrap hands better than anyone, work the mitts. You can overcome anything with hard work and desire, and that's what I wanted to show."

Links - http://watchseries.e...n_freddie_roach

Edited by Leicfox

Chisora is from Zimbabwe, he was not born in Britain.

You can hear the accent when he talks also, he is only British by citizenship.

If that bag of shit disrespects our flag again by wearing it around his face whilst behaving like an absolute **** I hope he gets all that is coming to him.

Chisora is a complete turd, and should have his license revoked.

p.s. He was also done for beating up his misses.

Edited by Mack
  • Like 1

Chisora has made a name for himself for all the wrong reasons. He fought a very good fight, for someone who never really stood a chance. Despite his pre-fight antics, he could have walked away from last nights fight with some pride.

There used to be a time when boxers did most of their talking in the ring. Haye did himself no favours before or after his Klitschko & the same can be said of Chisora.

Why would either of the Klitschko brothers want to go near either of them now? A promotional disaster.

Chisora has made a name for himself for all the wrong reasons. He fought a very good fight, for someone who never really stood a chance. Despite his pre-fight antics, he could have walked away from last nights fight with some pride.

There used to be a time when boxers did most of their talking in the ring. Haye did himself no favours before or after his Klitschko & the same can be said of Chisora.

Why would either of the Klitschko brothers want to go near either of them now? A promotional disaster.

Well who else are they going to fight, Haye and now Chisora are the only two names around in the heavyweight division, such a poor standard.

I would say the exact opposite.

The two robots are running out of challengers to produce lucrative defences, the cartoon style antics of Chisora and Haye bring added interest from the media.

The Klitschko's have no charisma, which is why the heavyweight division is in such a bad state, Haye and Chisora bring that in abundance, even if it is from a negative angle.

Well who else are they going to fight, Haye and now Chisora are the only two names around in the heavyweight division, such a poor standard.

I know. The whole division is a mess. Never seen such a poor standard of boxing at this level. Can't blame the Klitschkos - they have maintained their dignity & can only fight what's available

The two robots are running out of challengers to produce lucrative defences, the cartoon style antics of Chisora and Haye bring added interest from the media.

The Klitschko's have no charisma, which is why the heavyweight division is in such a bad state, Haye and Chisora bring that in abundance, even if it is from a negative angle.

So what if they don't go round slapping people and threatening to shoot their opponents, they don't need to. They are far superior to anybody in that division and make idiots like haye and chisora look like total idiots

Chisora & Haye have both proven themselves to be nothing more than attitude & have highlighted the lack of quality in this division. It can't be good for audience figures?

That said........I'll be watching!!

Chisora & Haye have both proven themselves to be nothing more than attitude & have highlighted the lack of quality in this division. It can't be good for audience figures?

That said........I'll be watching!!

I dont think Haye should be lumped into the same bracket as Chisora Boxing wise.

I also agree Chisora is a nasty piece of work, however I bet a lot more people know who he is not than they did a week ago.

It's the way of the World these days I'm afraid.

"his entourage has got nothing on my entourage".

Embarrassing!!

Hahah he made himself look a bit of a clown, they both did. Shame really, if you ignore pre and post fight, Chisora gave a pretty good account of himself.

Chisora v Haye - The winner fights Vitali?

Hmmm don't really see what either Chisora or Haye have to offer Vitali in terms of interest for a fight (Or Wladimir for that matter).

If I were either of the Klitschko's i'd wash my hands of Chisora and Haye, Haye is the better sportsman but went into the ring unfit (Broken toe) and lost - His fault, Chisora put up quite a good fight but is just a twat.

Bottom line with this is, Haye was there to cause trouble and he got it. Swinging a tripod around and smashing bottles only brings one sort of reaction.

Chisora is a nasty piece of work who didnt deserve the shot at the title in the first place and certainly shouldnt get a rematch.

The Klitchko brothers throughout the start of the David Haye trash talk have conducted themselves excellently and dont have anything to prove to anybody. If I were them i'd enjoy the retirement and let Haye (if you're retired why is your manager touting fights?), Chisora, Harrison, Fury and Price battle it out.

I know. The whole division is a mess. Never seen such a poor standard of boxing at this level. Can't blame the Klitschkos - they have maintained their dignity & can only fight what's available

THIS

Haye talked himself up for 2 years previous to fighting Wlad and was a disgrace in some of the things he said. When it came time to deliver, he fell well short and was completely outclassed. Why he's still on the scene is anyones guess. Does he really think that if he beat Vitali people would consider him a good heavyweight? Vitali is 40 years old for christ sake and well passed his best.

The whole thing is a little embarrasing. 'How's your toe?'. Loser.

Boxing is dead now anyway. Hardly anybody is interested it in anymore. MMA > Boxing.

Quite right. I've gotten into UFC over the past year and i highly recommend any boxing fan to watch it. I still love watching boxing and following it but MMA is great stuff. Can't wait for April for Jones v Evans. Evans will get destroyed!

Why the **** was David Haye there at all?

God this is embarrassing.

He was 'working' for Boxnation (The channel who was covering the fight) whether he was actually asked by them to be a pundit, or whether he asked them just so he could be there to stir up, or whether he was just there anyway and then decided to talk to Boxnation I don't know.

I know when I was watching it Haye said RTL (German TV Station) asked to do an interview with him so he did and they decided to do the interview right infront of Klitschko's manager/people and that kicked off abit.

But it's not asif it's out of the ordinary for boxers to go to fights, especially when a potential fight with one of the boxers involved is on the cards. Don't get me wrong Haye stirred it up and I think that was his intention all along but still it's not unusual to see boxers at fights not involving them.

Edited by Matt