Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Guest Mee-9

Hayes too small with no reach...

Completely agree.

Klitschko's jabs won him that. Haye looked tired in the 11/12th. What was he playing at getting cocky without having his guard up.

Is it the end of Haye? Pretty bad him blaming it on a broken toe. Surely you'd withdraw if you can't 'unleash the hayemaker' rather than lose your titles.

Bollocks about the toe.

Booth's tactics were completely wrong tonight...one left...one BIG right hoping to connect and that was it. Awful. Haye is much better than that. Though he was never in danger of being stopped or hurt badly, Haye was never in the contest.

But unless they completely change it up believing that they can honestly win the fight next time...Haye should admit he got it all wrong and retire.

Apart from the Klitchko's theres nobody else for him to fight so what would be the point?

He was just so cocky all throughout the build up and then instead of saying the better man won....he says he had a broken toe...

Better man won on that night but technically David Haye is the superior boxer no doubt about it. The whole world saw Wladimir's face light up with terror every time Haye's right hand got close to that chin, in fact it got him a couple of times and really shook the big Ukrainian up, but he didn't throw anywhere near the number of punches necessary. Haye took Wladimir's best with little problem however, he was just kept at range and was outboxed physically throughout. For me, if Wladimir was a cruiserweight, Haye would have had few problems dispatching him.

But the fact is Haye's legacy has been crushed tonight and sadly this Klitschko/German TV dominance of the heavyweight division goes on.

Better man won on that night but technically David Haye is the superior boxer no doubt about it. The whole world saw Wladimir's face light up with terror every time Haye's right hand got close to that chin, in fact it got him a couple of times and really shook the big Ukrainian up, but he didn't throw anywhere near the number of punches necessary. Haye took Wladimir's best with little problem however, he was just kept at range and was outboxed physically throughout. For me, if Wladimir was a cruiserweight, Haye would have had few problems dispatching him.

But the fact is Haye's legacy has been crushed tonight and sadly this Klitschko/German TV dominance of the heavyweight division goes on.

Wonder what Haye will do now...retire or have his last match against the other Klitschko

Guy on 5 live:

"Alex Ferguson watches his opposition in videos, gets to know them, studies them..."

Bollocks, he pays Howard Webb

And this guy is doing my f***ing head in

What perceptive analysis. Hope your mum keeps the keyboard away from you during the school holidays.

Back on-topic, Wladimir may not be one of the all-time greatest world champions but he was effective enough last night.

Haye's excuse of a toe injury is just a smokescreen to hide the fact he was outclassed.

Makes you wonder if people bet from the heart rather from the head. Maybe thats why england are always one of the favourites in major tournaments, so much money is placed on them by english punters the bookies cant afford to price them any higher.

Kind of feel sorry for the fans who bet Haye I'm sure if they had known of his injury they would have thought twice about betting him, whether that was a reason for his loss or not it puts doubts in punters minds.

The fight is being repeated on Sky Box Office for all Sky customers for FREE right now, and again at 1pm and 7pm tonight. (HD too)

There was a technical fault last night due to 'high demand' that meant some viewers couldn't watch the fight. This is Sky's compensation.

Edited by Ford Super Sunday

Wladimir is as boring as boxers come. Nothing entertaining about his fighting style, except for the fact he grinds out wins.

Perhaps - but Haye is just a muppet. He's obviously a talented boxer but he's got zero intelligence. Should have spent less time trying to psyche out one of the most rigid professionals in the sport and more time working out a strategy to actually beat him.

All the talk to come out with a show like that is embarrassing and the foot excuse is just chucking salt on his own wounds.

A boxer bragging? Who'd have thought?

Honestly the things people on here get offended about. It's all part of the hype, it sells tickets, it's been going since Mohammed Ali and before.

• Like 1

He never got close enough. He should have tried to push Klitschko towards the edge of the ring and tucked him up, made it ugly and a bit of a brawl. As it was he just got picked off by the jab time and again.

I had money on K to win it on points though so I'm happy. Haye is a bit of a sore loser - and if his feet or hands were half as quick as his mouth is, he'd have had this won by round 3, as it was, they could still be there now, in round 427, with Klitschko standing still and I don't think Haye would knock him out. Awful strategy.

A boxer bragging? Who'd have thought?

Honestly the things people on here get offended about. It's all part of the hype, it sells tickets, it's been going since Mohammed Ali and before.

Yes but it exists within the sport for psychology's sakes. I can understand Haye trying to unsettle an opponent before a fight but in this case it was just a massive miscalculation. Klitschko has the composure and the experience to not go gunning for him just because he insults his brother, it just ends up effectively motivating your opponent if anything. Daft.

Perhaps - but Haye is just a muppet. He's obviously a talented boxer but he's got zero intelligence. Should have spent less time trying to psyche out one of the most rigid professionals in the sport and more time working out a strategy to actually beat him.

All the talk to come out with a show like that is embarrassing and the foot excuse is just chucking salt on his own wounds.

Couldn't agree more with that. Hopefully now he's had his pants pulled down he might pipe down a bit. I said all week that Wladimir would win on points, and didnt put my money where my mouth was............ ffs!

Can't believe the fuss people are making about Haye's wind up tactics....when a boxer refuses to take part in those games then he is the exception and not the rule. Just look at Mayweather, Hopkins, Tarver, Tyson "i'm gonna eat his children", Khan, Jones Jr, Ali, Frazer, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on and on. Klitschko was a bit of a wet fart about it im afraid imo.

I also think people are giving Klitschko a little too much credit, he hit Haye with ONE good right hand in round 5. The rest he won by just keeping Haye distant with that jab, thats why he had a higher hit percentage, Haye didn't even attempt to throw the jab, he just threw the big left right all night hoping to connect.

Everything was stacked in Klitschko's favour, the "home" location (maybe the Germans will get a decent boxer of their own one day), the weight, the reach, the referee, Haye needed to hustle him and make him really feel the heat, Klitschko was terrified of being laid out, you could see it every time Haye wound up. Booth and Haye will be kicking themselves this morning knowing they made a horrific mistake tactically and made the fight simply easy for Klitschko in the end

Do you not think Haye's arrogance is a bit over the top though? If you consider his heavyweight record consists of only 5 fights.. + Harrison just doesnt count, end of.

Valuev also to me did not look like a man that had only lost once before he got in the ring with Haye. He was out of shape and just a shambles (but still massive I guess).

Wladimir has always been an out and out heavyweight, and with a record like his, however 'boring' he may be to watch, I just don't think you can have the kind of arrogance that Haye had.

Haye hits hard. If he hits you, it hurts. Klitschko is definitely a better 'boxer' though.

Haye needed to bring some hustle and make it a brawl fought at 100mph with fists flying. Instead he just ducked and weaved in range of K's jab and never really got inside of it or up close and personal.