Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

I'd say he has lost every round ?? 

Electric in here before hand 

say it blew burns head 

Id say indongo is some talent with the physical attributes to match to match tbf, outstanding tonight. 

Yeah every round for me and all sky's pundits at ring side.

• Like 1

Didn't get to see the fight unfortunately but by all accounts it was a bit special by Indongo.

Hope Ricky has a serious think about what he does from here, has achieved far more than what was probably expected and hasn't anything left to prove. Been in plenty of tough scraps over the years and I worry that he is a fighter that just doesn't know when to let go.

Can anyone seriously give Klit any grounds for a win?

Obviously the pundits are doing their usual job of hyping up the fight, but he's been the same for years.

Slow, tedious....but, unlike the Fury fight, he was being matched with significantly smaller opponents with very little speed.

All I keep hearing is 'what happens when Klit lands'.....He couldn't land on Fury who really isn't known for elite level power, he looked gunshy then, so how's he gonna be when facing the hardest hitting and quickest heavyweight on the planet?

Joshua within 6.

14 hours ago, Grewks said:

Can anyone seriously give Klit any grounds for a win?

Obviously the pundits are doing their usual job of hyping up the fight, but he's been the same for years.

Slow, tedious....but, unlike the Fury fight, he was being matched with significantly smaller opponents with very little speed.

All I keep hearing is 'what happens when Klit lands'.....He couldn't land on Fury who really isn't known for elite level power, he looked gunshy then, so how's he gonna be when facing the hardest hitting and quickest heavyweight on the planet?

Joshua within 6.

As predicted. He's back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Thanks mate...

To add a bit more to that tommy is a bit of a dark horse in that division, doesn't get the publicity Hearn fighters get for obvious reasons but that may change now frank has branched out from box nation and gone to BT. 

I don't rate him that highly personally but chris Eubank jr ducked him imo with the tennis elbow bullshit and he's got a good record. Should be an interesting watch

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Title shot number four for groves on the UC of kell brook spence.

Robbed in Froch first fight 

beat jack by a point in that fight 

knocked out by a huge shot in Froch 2nd fight 

he deserves another shot ! 

I have met him a couple of times and he is a genuine guy and very very driven , he looked finished after Froch but has come back and boxing well ....

is he a superstar ? NO

Is he genuinely world Class YES 

ill be ringside for this 

With regards to the Groves title shot on Brook's undercard.....

You have to fancy him, if he hasn't lost too much over the last 18 months with pretty mediocre fights.

Losses to Froch and Jack are nothing to be ashamed of at his weight. To be honest, i thought his performance against Jack was far more impressive than Degale's.

If Chudinov can't really put a dent in Buglioni, who is very much domestic level, I can't see him putting a dent in groves, who proved against Froch, twice, that he isn't 'chinny'.

40 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Hoping Rosado finishes Murray off tonight, no idea why eddie sticks with him. Bit of a joke that he's headlining a card though in all honesty.

Pretty obvious what Eddie is doing here if you know a jot about boxing and business.

21 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Pretty obvious what Eddie is doing here if you know a jot about boxing and business.

really?

All the 'business' in boxing comes from casuals.....no casuals are going to think 'oh, look, Martin Murray is fighting, i need to watch that'.

It's actually a very very poor card if you're suggesting he's trying to promote the PPV next week. Can't see many watching this, who have no intention of watching next weeks PPV and then changing their minds.

If anything, tonight may put casuals off.

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

really?

All the 'business' in boxing comes from casuals.....no casuals are going to think 'oh, look, Martin Murray is fighting, i need to watch that'.

It's actually a very very poor card if you're suggesting he's trying to promote the PPV next week. Can't see many watching this, who have no intention of watching next weeks PPV and then changing their minds.

If anything, tonight may put casuals off.

lol no that's not what I'm alluding to although that is a highly amusing post kudos. Your massive money comes from the massive fights there are still plenty of boxing fans willing to watch Murray he'll still  sell more than enough seats and bring in more than enough to viewers to make it worth eddies while.

tbf I'm not entirely sure when the two fights were signed so it was a bit of a troll but I find it convienant eddies has a slightly bigger name fighting in a slightly bigger city on the same night frank warren has his second fight night scheduled with bt and is trying to get some momentum behind that partnership.

Not really sure what I'd do with Fielding even if he comes through this.

I like Martin Murray, probably isn't what he was a few years back and thought he may have walked away after the Golovkin fight but his career has deserved a proper world title especially when you think that Darren Barker gets to call himself a former world champion.

Edited by EastAnglianFox

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol no that's not what I'm alluding to although that is a highly amusing post kudos. Your massive money comes from the massive fights there are still plenty of boxing fans willing to watch Murray he'll still  sell more than enough seats and bring in more than enough to viewers to make it worth eddies while.

tbf I'm not entirely sure when the two fights were signed so it was a bit of a troll but I find it convienant eddies has a slightly bigger name fighting in a slightly bigger city on the same night frank warren has his second fight night scheduled with bt and is trying to get some momentum behind that partnership.

Firstly, Hearn could make a show every week which would be 'worth his while'......

Your point there is pretty irrelevant.

1) There is no future 'mega fight' for Murray, at least not one which will generate £££ for Hearn/Sky.

2) Boxnation is not really designed for casual fans, and BT Sport has nowhere near the audience of Sky. Tommy Langford is not a draw for casual fans.....in fact Warren doesn't really have any fighters that casuals would ever have heard of. BJS is probably the 'biggest', followed by New signing Nicola Adams....and we all know womens boxing is a long way from take off.

Tonight just seems like a huge waste of time and effort with a huge event so close next week.

It's almost like the whole show is an undercard for next week...and what's the purpose of an undercard? To promote hype for the main event. Tonight will not give any kind of encouragement to casual fans to tune in next week....Although personally, i'm actually looking forward to seeing Cordina again, guy looks to have a lot of class.

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I like Martin Murray, probably isn't what he was a few years back and thought he may have walked away after the Golovkin fight but his career has deserved a proper world title especially when you think that Darren Barker gets to call himself a former world champion.

Watching leon Woodstock ......well I was ill flick back over now. From what I've seen Ryder wins it for me.

Everyone like Martin Murray and yeah I agree unfortunately I think the men with the straps are just a bit too good for him 

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Feels like a Frank Warren card tbh.

Average fighters everywhere.

What happened to Murray fighting Chudinov at the end of last year? Forgot all about it until i saw that Chudinov has been lined up for Groves.

Maybe Eddie's plan all along was to give Groves v Murray the chance to prove who should get another world title shot.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Watching leon Woodstock ......well I was ill flick back over now. From what I've seen Ryder wins it for me.

Everyone like Martin Murray and yeah I agree unfortunately I think the men with the straps are just a bit too good for him 

Really?

Been pretty one sided....