Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Watching leon Woodstock ......well I was ill flick back over now. From what I've seen Ryder wins it for me.

Everyone like Martin Murray and yeah I agree unfortunately I think the men with the straps are just a bit too good for him 

Fielding is just awful when it gets up close and personal, he is stuck in no man's land for me, looks totally drained at this weight yet surely doesn't have the chin to move up?

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Well ive just said I've not been watching it lol clearly not though SD with one round difference on winning card.

So you don't get bad/wrong decisions in boxing?

Fielding won at least 8 rounds.

Christ, awful awful decision.

5 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Feels like a Frank Warren card tbh.

Average fighters everywhere.

What happened to Murray fighting Chudinov at the end of last year? Forgot all about it until i saw that Chudinov has been lined up for Groves.

Maybe Eddie's plan all along was to give Groves v Murray the chance to prove who should get another world title shot.

This was never going to be a stacked bill considering what's coming up next week but yeah that fight was awful.

Chudinov pulled out against Murray can't remember why but it was late notice I think.

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Fielding is just awful when it gets up close and personal, he is stuck in no man's land for me, looks totally drained at this weight yet surely doesn't have the chin to move up?

When drained, punches can affect you far more than when not.

You can actually be more 'chinny' at a lower weight. Just look at Bellew as the perfect example.

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Seen him fight a few times he's nothing special, you never know though I guess.

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

This was never going to be a stacked bill considering what's coming up next week but yeah that fight was awful.

Chudinov pulled out against Murray can't remember why but it was late notice I think.

I'm well aware it was never going to be stacked....i just don't see the point.

Maybe Eddie realised he could get two fights in with regards to Chudinov? He could make Groves V Murray and then pair the winner with Chudinov.

Says the bloke who thought Daniel Jacobs was robbed and gonzalez wasn't. I'd try and judge a fight for yourself instead of listening to pundits.

Not saying your wrong in this instance tbf I watched less than half of it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 minutes ago, Grewks said:

See I don't watch any matchroom event with the commentary on and I had Fielding not even close to winning 8 rounds but all subjective I suppose.

Says the bloke who thought Daniel Jacobs was robbed and gonzalez wasn't. I'd try and judge a fight for yourself instead of listening to pundits,

Gonzalez was hurt and never troubled his opponent.

GGG was outworked and Jacobs controlled the fight.....you cannot argue GGG won it by 3.

Ryder didn't make a dent on Fielding. Plenty of effort, but just couldn't deal with the size. Clear victory for Fielding.

Again though, you make a completely irrelevant point. The fact i disagreed with the judges meant that i did 'judge a fight myself'.

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

See I don't watch any matchroom event with the commentary on and I had Fielding not even close to winning 8 rounds but all subjective I suppose.

The commentary were continually giving praise to Ryder....so i don't see how that makes a difference.

For me, when scoring, i don't credit Ryder for making many of the rounds 'his kind of rounds' on the inside, simply because he didn't make an impact.

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Gonzalez was hurt and never troubled his opponent.

GGG was outworked and Jacobs controlled the fight.....you cannot argue GGG won it by 3.

Ryder didn't make a dent on Fielding. Plenty of effort, but just couldn't deal with the size. Clear victory for Fielding.

Again though, you make a completely irrelevant point. The fact i disagreed with the judges meant that i did 'judge a fight myself'.

Said as much myself but to say Daniel Jacobs was robbed is a ridiculous statement, and pretty much anyone who is anyone has said the gonzalez score card was incorrect. Incidentally though those were both how box nation had it lol as with fielding tonight sky had it roughly the same as you, amazingly, and I said pundits not judges.

Decent start from Murray hope he wins just to piss you off lol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Said as much myself but to say Daniel Jacobs was robbed is a ridiculous statement, and pretty much anyone who is anyone has said the gonzalez score card was incorrect. Incidentally though those were both how box nation had it lol as with fielding tonight sky had it roughly the same as you, amazingly, and I said pundits not judges.

Decent start from Murray hope he wins just so you off lol 

Murray is the favorite for a reason, Rosado's record is awful.....But do you seriously want more fights like this headlining a matchroom show?

I've no idea how boxnation had it....I was watching a showtime stream as i can't be doing with Bunce. They had Golovkin up by 1 iirc, clinching the final round.

Pretty sure they also had Gonzalez up, despite never putting a dent in his opponent and being hurt multiple times as well as being put down.

It's no surprise to see the bias of them backing two of their biggest stars though.

Just a quick thought on Wilder....what do you guys reckon he should do?

I heard Bellew saying earlier he's been in touch.

Wouldn't be a bad shout for Wilder....if he's actually willing to stop fighting bums.

Take the fight in the UK, build his rep by fighting and most likely beating probably the 2nd most recognisable UK fighter at the moment, then fight the winner of AJ and Klit.

Just a quick thought on Wilder....what do you guys reckon he should do?

I heard Bellew saying earlier he's been in touch.

Wouldn't be a bad shout for Wilder....if he's actually willing to stop fighting bums.

Take the fight in the UK, build his rep by fighting and most likely beating probably the 2nd most recognisable UK fighter at the moment, then fight the winner of AJ and Klit.

They reckon tony  will fight winner of Parker fury and that makes sense to me

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

You surprised?

Well it's a an upset in bookies terms but he who's name I never attempt to spell can hit and was always going to be dangerous as he can bomb.

obviously your taking the kingfox stance of knowing it was bound to happen all along after it's actually happpened.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well it's a an upset in bookies terms but he who's name I never attempt to spell can hit and was always going to be dangerous as he can bomb.

obviously your taking the kingfox stance of knowing it was bound to happen all along after it's actually happpened.

No not at all....But i've just viewed Langford's past opponents......

Far too much too soon. Especially when you consider that against those opponents, he only has a 33% KO record.

3 minutes ago, Grewks said:

No not at all....But i've just viewed Langford's past opponents......

Far too much too soon. Especially when you consider that against those opponents, he only has a 33% KO record.

Oh he's a boxer not a puncher, been after a big fight for awhile though eventually you've got to take the plunge. Obviously as I am sure a guru of the sport such as you will already know (lol) he was suppose to fight Eubank late last year.

He looked really good tbf until one punch and it was lights out.