Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh he's a boxer not a puncher, been after a big fight for awhile though eventually you've got to take the plunge. Obviously as I am sure a guru of the sport such as you will already know (lol) he was suppose to fight Eubank late last year.

He looked really good tbf until one punch and it was lights out.

Just look at his record though.

He hasn't even fought a mid-top level domestic/european level fighter.

It's just been confirmed that the Kurt guy will now fight BJS....meaning a potential future fight with GGG would be possible.

Could you imagine Langford against GGG/Jacobs?

Its quite clear he's nowhere near world level.....Not many of Warren's boxers are.

Damn, had Langford on points in my acca aswell.

Spike O Sullivan quick on social media to want a piece of the guy who beat Langford, that'd be a fun shoot out while it lasted.

Worried about Martin in this one, getting frustrated.

Edited by EastAnglianFox

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Damn, had Langford on points in my acca aswell.

Spike O Sullivan quick on social media to want a piece of the guy who beat Langford, that'd be a fun shoot out while it lasted.

Worried about Martin this one

no surprise that sky have him up....

He always looks so so average to me.

Although, given the build up he's had, i'm surprised he even has the mental strength to want it.

Just now, Grewks said:

Just look at his record though.

He hasn't even fought a mid-top level domestic/european level fighter.

It's just been confirmed that the Kurt guy will now fight BJS....meaning a potential future fight with GGG would be possible.

Could you imagine Langford against GGG/Jacobs?

Its quite clear he's nowhere near world level.....Not many of Warren's boxers are.

I know his record, lol  ive said I don't rate him that highly difference is I actually said that before the fight if you look back a few pages. I'm just stating he looked handy for a few rounds and a fight like that was clearly the next step, he's come up short cest la vie.

The whole idea of the fight was the winner would fight BJS so that's hardly a shock, golovkins camp have cooled talks of him fighting BJS in June I think Jacobs took a bit more out of him than expected.

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

I know his record, lol  ive said I don't rate him that highly difference is I actually said that before the fight if you look back a few pages. I'm just stating he looked handy for a few rounds and a fight like that was clearly the next step, he's come up short cest la vie.

The whole idea of the fight was the winner would fight BJS so that's hardly a shock, golovkins camp have cooled talks of him fighting BJS in June I think Jacobs took a bit more out of him than expected.

The BJS and GGG fight has stalled because....

hold on....it's all kicking off.

Scorecards were a joke again.

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Hearns face was the highlight of the night hahaha

You wait til Klit drops AJ 3 times next week and all 3 judges have it 120-108 AJ lol

But seriously though....it was a very even fight.

Murray accusing rosado of 'giving in the biggun'.....bit strange after claiming he 'schooled him and was a class above'.

Both average fighters, lacking quite a lot to be world champions.

Just now, Grewks said:

@Manwell Pablo

As i was about to say....

GGG was told by goldenboy that should he fight BJS in july, he has zero chance of Canelo in (iirc) September.

I'd view that as conjecture myself unless you've got as good source, not sure we will ever see Alvarez golovkin nevermind this year and golovkin very keen to unify the division outright, but we will see soon enough I guess.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd view that as conjecture myself unless you've got as good source, not sure we will ever see Alvarez golovkin nevermind this year and golovkin very keen to unify the division outright, but we will see soon enough I guess.

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/gbp-president-gomez-ggg-must-not-fight-bjs-in-june-or-it-will-jeopardize-the-canelo-fight.583070/

18 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Conjecture then.

we will see soon enough if they are that desperate for a huge build up they best get on with it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

55 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Conjecture then.

we will see soon enough if they are that desperate for a huge build up they best get on with it.

Conjecture?

Jesus, you're so desperate to prove me wrong that your arrogance is getting in the way of what is right in front of your eyes.

“We’re talking and he’s talking about making the fight (between Golovkin and Canelo) in September,” said Gomez to RingTV.com. “If he tries to do a fight with Saunders, that will screw up the plans. We need enough time to promote a big fight,” Gomez said. “You have to do the (media) rounds. You have to do all these TV shows,” said Gomez.

Eric Gomez - President of Golden Boy

Fight with Saunders in summer = Screwing up september plans for GGG v Canelo.

31 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Conjecture?

Jesus, you're so desperate to prove me wrong that your arrogance is getting in the way of what is right in front of your eyes.

“We’re talking and he’s talking about making the fight (between Golovkin and Canelo) in September,” said Gomez to RingTV.com. “If he tries to do a fight with Saunders, that will screw up the plans. We need enough time to promote a big fight,” Gomez said. “You have to do the (media) rounds. You have to do all these TV shows,” said Gomez.

Eric Gomez - President of Golden Boy

Fight with Saunders in summer = Screwing up september plans for GGG v Canelo.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong at all that's pretty easy most of the time most of us on here have a good laugh about it. You could well be right in this instance. Well I say you I mean the bloke you nicked it off on a boxing forum but in your defence that accounts for 99% of your opinions anyway.

Assuming it's an actual quote as I have little time for the forum you got it from and there is no link to source, it's one camp stating their view on things, there's is zero evidence how the golovkin camp were viewing their priorities  at the time. They may well prefer a definite Saunders date to a well maybe canelo date, you listen to golovkin the fighter talk his modus operandi  is out right unification of that division before anything else. His management team and promoters would vastly prefer the only ginger man in Mexico to find his bollocks and get the fight the world wants to see I would imagine. But to say negotiations between those two teams broke down because a canelo GGG in September is conjecture. may well have had other reasons, such as the tough fight he's just been in.

ultimatley in boxing such is the nature of it these days unless you are a fly on the wall you will never know the specifics.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

GGG was told by goldenboy that should he fight BJS in july, he has zero chance of Canelo in (iirc) September.

Where is the above quote, from myself, wrong?

(You could be pedantic and claim that the 'no chance' bit is false...but the point still stands).

Edited by Grewks

8 hours ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Did anyone watch our very own leon Woodstock?  

I was as it decent scrap , has some tools .... Woodstock can certainly be looking at English title level and beyond , but could maybe be a bit better than that , has a good following already , has a touch of the Eubanks Jnr about him 

I got 11/1 on Langford to be stopped ... 

frank Warren's stable has so many dead horses in it , BT ain't going to bank roll this shit for long 

watched murray fight this morning , the fraud squad need to be investigating judges on matchroom cards ! Some of the scores are beyond funny now ! It's criminal behaviour 

murray is just aweful now , his style is pre-historic he is stealing a living now really 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Grewks and pablo your wrecking this thread 

lol 

Did you have a decent night, looked alright on the tv.

8 hours ago, Grewks said:

Where is the above quote, from myself, wrong?

(You could be pedantic and claim that the 'no chance' bit is false...but the point still stands).

Its not, to say he paid any attention to that comment and it is the reason he didn't take the fight is conjecture though. If I wanted to be pendantic, I'd point t out its June not July lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I do wish Pablo and Grewks would stop arguing. If it was me involved, I'd have been banned by now...make of that what you will. It seems that some are untouchable?

Getting back to the boxing...I Thought triple D looked the dogs last night. Confident boy.

To be fair it's all boxing related so it's not like it's off topic. 

39 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Only just round to watching Porter take apart Berto, bit naughty with his head but comprehensive enough.

Anybody fancy him this time if he's to fight Thurman again?

Not seen yet, but nah think Thurman is a bit too good for him, certainly would be worth a watch though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not seen yet, but nah think Thurman is a bit too good for him, certainly would be worth a watch though.

Yeah agree with this, will definitely watch as the first fight was a good watch. Just shows even more how good the Kell Brook result was over their.