Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

I wish that Callum would leave Gallagher tbh.

I think he'd give Degale serious issues with his size, sound technique and power, but i'd seriously lower his chances with Joe 'Just walk forward with your hands up' Gallagher.

Last night Gallagher was seriously exposed in 3 instances.

1 - In the Marcus Morrison fight, it was clear Morrison had nothing left, he'd already taken a beating he could 'learn from'. Keeping him in there longer was pointless, he wasn't throwing anything powerful and was done.

2 - He wanted to pull Crolla out, but then changed his mind.......that should never ever happen.

3 - His advice after this was terrible, telling Crolla to go out there and 'use your jab'. He needed to tell Crolla, 'Look, if you wanna stay in this fight, fine, but you need a KO'. 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

You could argue the smith lads have not progressed as thought 

he will lose more and more lads 

quigg will become a star yet and that will be the end of Joe !

Callum & Liam can still be something. Both of them haven't had the fights where you can properly judge them. Liam stepping up from fights he was always going to win, to a fight against the best in the division that he was always going to lose. His fight against Liam Williams will give us an indication of where he's at.

The likes of Quigg & Crolla just come across as a bit too nice, the only way they will advance is if they step away from Gallagher as you say.

My two pennies on Joe Gallagher:

Joe can only train fighters to fight one way -gloves up round the ears, walking oponents down, throwing lots of leather.

This style is fantastic if you are a boxer with no outstanding technical skills. Anthony Crolla for example is a British level fighter in my opinion but with Joe's help has had 5 world title fights at the MEN and a couple of million in the bank. 

However if you are a skilled boxer like callum smith or Scott quigg or to a certain extend John Murray then Joe will hold you back massively as his training and tactics are one size fits all so you will not fully utilise your skillset.

Also comes across as an arrogant **** in interviews, always trying to get his mug on TV, often making it about himself and not the fighter. I have also heard a few stories that suggest he is not a nice bloke.

However you can't really argue with his results.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

My two pennies on Joe Gallagher:

Joe can only train fighters to fight one way -gloves up round the ears, walking oponents down, throwing lots of leather.

This style is fantastic if you are a boxer with no outstanding technical skills. Anthony Crolla for example is a British level fighter in my opinion but with Joe's help has had 5 world title fights at the MEN and a couple of million in the bank. 

However if you are a skilled boxer like callum smith or Scott quigg or to a certain extend John Murray then Joe will hold you back massively as his training and tactics are one size fits all so you will not fully utilise your skillset.

Also comes across as an arrogant **** in interviews, always trying to get his mug on TV, often making it about himself and not the fighter. I have also heard a few stories that suggest he is not a nice bloke.

However you can't really argue with his results.

He's falls a bit short when you get to the very very best for me, Quigg is probably the best example I think the others were probably a big ask for any trainer. He's worked wonders with Crolla if we are honest on the whole.

On 26/03/2017 at 17:11, Manwell Pablo said:

I dont think crolla would of won that fight with Jesus in his corner but the attempt at ending the fight was just utterly bizarre.

It would've been nice to see a gameplan though.

Crolla was never going to outpoint Linares unless he hurt him early, or unless Linares didn't show up.

Linares has been KO'd in his career though, would've made more sense to me for Crolla to try for an early KO than trying to survive for 12 rounds.

On 3/28/2017 at 22:48, Grewks said:

It would've been nice to see a gameplan though.

Crolla was never going to outpoint Linares unless he hurt him early, or unless Linares didn't show up.

Linares has been KO'd in his career though, would've made more sense to me for Crolla to try for an early KO than trying to survive for 12 rounds.

Honestly, I'm not even taking the piss here honest question, you're criticism of Joe Gallagher in one breath is he told Crolla to stalk Linares with a front guard throwing punches, and in that same breath accusing him of attempting a points victory? That's pretty much the only way you're going to get a KO out of better boxer isn't it? Get in close throw some leather hope something lands?

I personally don't think that's what he did from the offset I think he actually started reasonably well but as the rounds eked on he came forward more and more Linares boxed 2/3 of the fight on the back foot and took his openings brilliantly.

He was just outclassed for me, I couldn't tell you what his game plan was, tbh I think their game plan went out of the window after about round 4. He was just made to look ordinary (and to be fair that is unfortunately what he is compared with Linares) Like wise Smith Cannelo, they just aren't in the same league really. Quigg I agree should fell aggrieved game plan was all wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is a good fight though, poor joe it's happening again. lol 

Nice little scrap this but I bet Williams can't believe how easy it is to hit Smith, bit surprised as I expected more from him.

Think I'll be able to get a space in Joe's "stable" if this keeps happening fight after fight..haha!

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Nice little scrap this but I bet Williams can't believe how easy it is to hit Smith, bit surprised as I expected more from him.

Think I'll be able to get a space in Joe's "stable" if this keeps happening fight after fight..haha!

What on earth is going on here? 

Clash of heads is surely points 

Ah it was a punch lol thanks for clearing that up bt

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Haha Jesus don't know where to start with that, the more I see of the headbutt from Liam Smith the more naughty it gets but still no idea what caused the cut!? 

Williams always at risk of that with how often he puts his own head in, either way I enjoyed that.

What u making of the commentary team? I do like John Rawling but he does seem to miss a lot of the action by trying to spout 100 words when 10 will do.

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Haha Jesus don't know where to start with that, the more I see of the headbutt from Liam Smith the more naughty it gets but still no idea what caused the cut!? 

Williams always at risk of that with how often he puts his own head in, either way I enjoyed that.

What u making of the commentary team? I do like John Rawling but he does seem to miss a lot of the action by trying to spout 100 words when 10 will do.

Yeah he's alright, gets a bit carried away by his co commentators as well though.

I love steve bunce pundit wise lol he's never wrong even when he is but he does know the sport. Try and listen to him and Mike Costellos pod cast on the BBC every week. 

Essentially it's just box nations setup with a few differences. Highlight so far is the idiot giving the post match interviews not realising he still had the microphone under his own mouth until the question he asked was basically answered lol 

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ha there we are. Did he used to work for itv? 

I think over the years he's had most gig's when it comes to awkward post fight interviews, think I remember him doing it for 5live a few years back and he just gets worse, just awful lol 

Absolutely agree regarding Steve Bunce, always speaks his mind passionately and never feels the need to follow the "trend" and even when you disagree with him you just know he knows what he's on about, a massive breath of fresh air compared to the likes of Adam Smith, Jonny Nelson etc.

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I think over the years he's had most gig's when it comes to awkward post fight interviews, think I remember him doing it for 5live a few years back and he just gets worse, just awful lol 

Absolutely agree regarding Steve Bunce, always speaks his mind passionately and never feels the need to follow the "trend" and even when you disagree with him you just know he knows what he's on about, a massive breath of fresh air compared to the likes of Adam Smith, Jonny Nelson etc.

Nah in remembering now. I'm getting vague memories of a really awkward interview during the olympics in 2016 with Joshua who was obviously there spectating. This was tv not 5 live.

this could of been one of many like. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

The only one's I remember with AJ from the Olympics were with him and John Inverdale who was put in a horrible position of having to interview Joshua at the same time as having to look out for other people to interview...AJ looked massively fvcked off at times..haha!

Looking forward to this Flanagan fight, will determine his next opponent I guess, Linares?

8 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The only one's I remember with AJ from the Olympics were with him and John Inverdale who was put in a horrible position of having to interview Joshua at the same time as having to look out for other people to interview...AJ looked massively fvcked off at times..haha!

Looking forward to this Flanagan fight, will determine his next opponent I guess, Linares?

Boring fight that put me to sleep lol just about made the final bell but was out before the scores were read out.

Lomachenko or Linares so frank is saying, whether that will happen or not we will see.

13 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Big night up here ! 

Some arena 

already had a pint of Belhaven :) 

hopefully Ricky can unify the division 

IMG_1167.JPG

Yep should be worth a look tonight. Not seen the under card as been busy dodging 4 foot police batons and rubber bullets most of the week so will have a nose now lol 

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yep should be worth a look tonight. Not seen the under card as been busy dodging 4 foot police batons and rubber bullets most of the week so will have a nose now lol 

Fairly poor to be honest couple of local bashing matches