Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

4 hours ago, Durnerz said:

The card so far for AJ vs Klitschko is a joke. I would be pretty angry if I had shelled out thousands to sit anywhere near the ring to view it. When I went to Brook vs GGG there were 5 title fights. This one has just two - one of which being Katie Taylor.

For an event of this size it's terrible.

There was talk of filling the undercard with Grewks V Pablo but Pabs apparently swerved it on the grounds 'he was actually trying to be grown up'

So that's that, I guess....

However, whereas the purse for AJ on Sat night is an estimated 15 million pounds :o the purse for Pabs v Grewks was apparently going to be a bag of chips and a pickled egg..

:P

Edited by Col city fan

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There was talk of filling the undercard with Grewks V Pablo but Pabs apparently swerved it on the grounds 'he was actually trying to be grown up'

Would be better than what's already been confirmed to be fair.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

However, whereas the purse for AJ on Sat night is an estimated 15 million pounds :o the purse for Pabs v Grewks was apparently going to be a bag of chips and a pickled egg..

Hey I didn't swerve the fight that was him lol. Boxing is dangerous apparently. 

Anyway you complained about the constant bickering yet you keep bringing it up, plenty to discuss this week besides that mate. Starting to think you were enjoying it.

on the subject of the under card it does lack title fights, but it'll be good to see quigg back even if he should walk it and I believe he might get a go at Selby if he wins, so another big payday for Eddie, Campbell fight could be interesting he's opponent could be tricky he gave crolla a tough time on one occasion, also got sparked on another occasion and I think Campbell has more natural talent than Crolla so hopefully he won't slip up again he can't really afford, I think that ones an eliminator as well? Lots of younger matchroom boxes on the card aside from that and obv Taylor. 

but yeah nothing quite on the scale of the groves fight already on the brook spence uc.

24 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hey I didn't swerve the fight that was him lol. Boxing is dangerous apparently. 

Anyway you complained about the constant bickering yet you keep bringing it up, plenty to discuss this week besides that mate. Starting to think you were enjoying it.

on the subject of the under card it does lack title fights, but it'll be good to see quigg back even if he should walk it and I believe he might get a go at Selby if he wins, so another big payday for Eddie, Campbell fight could be interesting he's opponent could be tricky he gave crolla a tough time on one occasion, also got sparked on another occasion and I think Campbell has more natural talent than Crolla so hopefully he won't slip up again he can't really afford, I think that ones an eliminator as well? Lots of younger matchroom boxes on the card aside from that and obv Taylor. 

but yeah nothing quite on the scale of the groves fight already on the brook spence uc.

Fair play matey. Good info there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Right.......

@Manwell Pablo @Izzy Muzzett @GaelicFox......

Where's the money going? Who's gonna win this fight....

I'm bucking the trend here and I've just stuck £20 on Klitch to win on points @ 6/1 with PP.

I think for the first half a dozen rounds they'll be feeling each other out (literally) and there'll be the obligatory friendly 'fist bump' at the end of each round. Who knows, maybe even a warm embrace and a peck on the cheek every time the bell goes :rolleyes:

Then AJ will be in uncharted waters and start to tire - missing his opportunity for the big KO. Klitch will then start to use his experience and start picking AJ off with his jab.

AJ will then get desperate in the final few rounds and start throwing bombs that keep missing, and Klitch will smile as he lands clean counter blows and wins round after round.

Then finally, the unanimous decision goes Klitchko's way and they give each other a massive cuddle and remain best of buddies. Then wander off into the night together holding hands and go for a romantic candlelit meal at a posh London restaurant.

Klitchko then decides to retire anyway and become AJ's trainer/manager/promoter instead - much to the disgust of fast Eddie Hearn... 

lol

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Right.......

@Manwell Pablo @Izzy Muzzett @GaelicFox......

Where's the money going? Who's gonna win this fight....

Ive bet stupid money on Campbell quigg Joshua acc. 

Quigg barely worth putting on as going to walk it, Campbell a little more interesting. 

Main event all about what Wlad turns up and at 41 I think it's gonna be closer to the one that was thoroughly out boxed by fury than the vintage so that's where my money goes. My only worry is a certain someone has been crowing easy Joshua victory and he's not got a single thing right in this thread yet. lol 

55 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

lollol A lot of these pre event "kick offs" are more entertaining than the actual fight night

Uh dear, mind you I guess with Parker  now tied up rescheduling with fury and bellew  admitting Joshua would ruin him it's the only mega fight on the cards for him at the moment.

Zero chance he'd fight at goodison but would be interesting if wilder looks around on Saturday night and thinks yeah I fancy a bit of this.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Quigg barely worth putting on as going to walk it, Campbell a little more interesting. 

Main event all about what Wlad turns up and at 41 I think it's gonna be closer to the one that was thoroughly out boxed by fury than the vintage so that's where my money goes. My only worry is a certain someone has been crowing easy Joshua victory and he's not got a single thing right in this thread yet. lol 

4 figures pabs ?

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Who can you mean !!   lol .....    But on this occasion I agree with him, and you, that AJ will come out on top.   Don't think Wlad will be anything like he was with Fury (the guy mesmerised him and totally psyched him out) but will still not be quite good enough.  Wlads last fight and another big step forward for AJ on what I'm sure will be an amazing career.

Just now, GaelicFox said:

The Russian is Chiselled

this is going to be massive 

I'm not sure now

I think I'll have a saver on the Russian points  

exactly he isn't looking at this as a last pay day, it is clear he wants and believes he can win. He took fury too lightly in my opinion, don't think that is happening here.

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Bellew would give that fraud a whole lot of trouble !!!!! 

If it happens I'll be going where ever it happens 

Hopefully, I know what Dee is thinking and it's big pay day minimum fuss.

Martin won the easiest come back fight ever in a hotel then lol joker

Edited by Manwell Pablo

11 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

6/1

if he gets that Jab rolling he could be hard to breach 

Indeed. Also it might take a few breaches as well, in terms of  men actually in around the four top ten been thinking breazelle and dillian came to fight and Martin and molina were beaten before the bell rang as Martin looked physically scared in the ring and molina right from the momement he walked into the aisle, and it took him around 7 rounds to deal with the two men who actually tried to fight him. Needless to say wlad is not going to be scared. 

I still think hes  got it though.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Does AJ carrying a bit more weight make any difference do you think?

I see Klitch was comparing him to Arnie today lol

I do wonder if all that bulk and muscle AJ has might slow him down later on in the fight goes that far.

I couldn't believe the stats that Klitch has almost 10 TIMES as many rounds under his belt than AJ in his career. 

All that extra experience has to count for something surely?

I'm starting to think the only way AJ will win is by KO - which he's obviously more than capable of.

Can't wait :thumbup: