Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

I was actually trying to be grown up last night .....

Nah ..   I prefer it when you just keep laying into each other Pabs ...   this is my new favourite thread.    :)

(Oh...   and I like boxing ! ....   Flew to the US to watch Hatton, met and had a long chat with my hero 'Enry (lovely bloke) ...  and been following AJ since his early days ... )

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Nah ..   I prefer it when you just keep laying into each other Pabs ...   this is my new favourite thread.    :)

(Oh...   and I like boxing ! ....   Flew to the US to watch Hatton, met and had a long chat with my hero 'Enry (lovely bloke) ...  and been following AJ since his early days ... )

lol think your the only one who enjoys it mate. Which fight Mayweather?

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol think your the only one who enjoys it mate. Which fight Mayweather?

No Pacquiao ...    barely sat down before it was all over ...  the ant on the left knocked out the ant on the right ...   great seats ...   not.       Saw a lot more action after the match when one of our group had a real scrap in a bar with some big Texan ...   much better view as they were only 6 feet away.      :)

Just now, Countryfox said:

No Pacquiao ...    barely sat down before it was all over ...  the ant on the left knocked out the ant on the right ...   great seats ...   not.       Saw a lot more action after the match when one of our group had a real scrap in a bar with some big Texan ...   much better view as they were only 6 feet away.      :)

lol Problem watching boxing live, it's one sport where unless your ringside you'll get a much better view on the tv. If your up in the rafters at Wembley will be utter shit.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I was actually trying to be grown up last night tbf and asking him to pack it in as I ignored him for the day so he just started bickering with Strokes instead (also deleted) 

Sorry to disappoint you col no I've not been banned but then I'm not the problem.

You didn't have to be Gypsy Rose Lee to predict that, did you?

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol Problem watching boxing live, it's one sport where unless your ringside you'll get a much better view on the tv. If your up in the rafters at Wembley will be utter shit.

Ah but when you turn off the TV you're not in Vegas are you ! ...   ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Fill me in on the juicy bits please Paddy when you have a mo ....    I'll be back later with a fresh cup of tea ...   (sadly that was the last biscuit !)

You know what I read most of it 

but my head hurt so I had a sleep 

and honestly it was such a mess I can't remember much what was said 

finnegan really muddied already muddy waters between Pabs and Cock (Grewcocks)

4 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

You know what I read most of it 

but my head hurt so I had a sleep 

and honestly it was such a mess I can't remember much what was said 

finnegan really muddied already muddy waters between Pabs and Cock (Grewcocks)

Ok mate thanks for giving it a go ...    perhaps the pair of them (and Finners) can re-enact it for me late tonight when all the mods are sleeping ...    and next time I'll read it when I see it !!

Saving it to enjoy with a cup of tea and a biscuit ...   my arse !!!

• Like 1

'The gloves are off' programme with AJ and Klitch is a little cringe for me.

I do admire how much they respect each other but jeez, it's like they're best buddies sometimes.

"I'm going for the knockout" says AJ then Klitch leans over the table and gives him a little fist bump. Please...

It's gonna be weird watching them suddenly try and hate each other and knock each others' block off on Saturday.

I know AJ is most people's favourite but I'm not so sure. Klitchco seems mega focused to me and I wonder if AJ appears a bit 'in awe' of him sometimes??

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

36 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I do admire how much they respect each other but jeez, it's like they're best buddies sometimes.

"I'm going for the knockout" says AJ then Klitch leans over the table and gives him a little fist bump. Please...

It's gonna be weird watching them suddenly try and hate each other and knock each others' block off on Saturday.

I know AJ is most people's favourite but I'm not so sure. Klitchco seems mega focused to me and I wonder if AJ appears a bit 'in awe' of him sometimes??

This 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I say this in all sincerity...I'd like to see AJ dumped on his arse for the first time. He's been so hyped up, has fought no-one of any real quality and the public SO expect him to win, he almost seems to be invincible. I'm intrigued as to see how he manages against a real opponent, not a Mickey Mouse one. Someone needs to give him a real scrap. But I've said that before.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I say this in all sincerity...I'd like to see AJ dumped on his arse for the first time. He's been so hyped up, has fought no-one of any real quality and the public SO expect him to win, he almost seems to be invincible. I'm intrigued as to see how he manages against a real opponent, not a Mickey Mouse one. Someone needs to give him a real scrap. But I've said that before.

The hypes not really his fault it's eddies and of course he's fought no one his 18 fights in his career has been carefully and extremely well managed there can't be many fighters who boast two world heavy weight titles inside 20 fights and that's what he will have if he wins. But then I've said that before.

Im a bit lost with the dumped on his arse comment do you mean you want him to lose or you want to see him knocked down and potentially get involved in a engaging fight and come back and win?

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The hypes not really his fault it's eddies and of course he's fought no one his 18 fights in his career has been carefully and extremely well managed there can't be many fighters who boast two world heavy weight titles inside 20 fights and that's what he will have if he wins. But then I've said that before.

Im a bit lost with the dumped on his arse comment do you mean you want him to lose or you want to see him knocked down and potentially get involved in a engaging fight and come back and win?

The latter

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I like it, much better than watching 2 blokes pretend to hate each other. Usually sounding like two little kids that have been dragged in for a chat with the headmaster after they've been caught fighting.

Going to this - my seat will seem almost as far away from the ring as I am now. Used to love watching fight nights in the days of Joe Bugner, Alan Minter, Dave "Boy" Green and company but my last trip to see a programme up in Bolton was appalling.

I was even amazed some had a licence to suggest they were capable of defending themselves at all. I'm so far away from the boxing world now I'd honestly never heard of the main protagonists on Saturday, let alone seen them.

Not sure I'll see much "live" even now. Ringside seats in the 70s always made for a terrific evening whether at Wembley or the much more atmospheric Royal Albert Hall. This time I expect the big screens will make it more of less like watching on television at home. You never know - might be exciting though.                

9 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Going to this - my seat will seem almost as far away from the ring as I am now. Used to love watching fight nights in the days of Joe Bugner, Alan Minter, Dave "Boy" Green and company but my last trip to see a programme up in Bolton was appalling.

I was even amazed some had a licence to suggest they were capable of defending themselves at all. I'm so far away from the boxing world now I'd honestly never heard of the main protagonists on Saturday, let alone seen them.

Not sure I'll see much "live" even now. Ringside seats in the 70s always made for a terrific evening whether at Wembley or the much more atmospheric Royal Albert Hall. This time I expect the big screens will make it more of less like watching on television at home. You never know - might be exciting though.                

Eh up mate, never had you down as a boxing fan!

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Eh up mate, never had you down as a boxing fan!

Boxing was one of my frontline responsibilities when I worked for EMAP. Andy Smith's stable in St Ives was full of talent and they were hot news - especially Bugner and Dave "Boy" Green. Joe had the best car number plate I ever came across on his gold roller .... 1 ON U.

Big boxing nights were a regular occurence. They were terrific times and the team at EMAP were absolutely brilliant to work with. People always talked of Bugner as a gentle giant but the man was immense as his record so clearly shows.

Mostly Bugner boxed with restraint (one opponent Ulric Regis died from brain injuries after a bout in the early stages of his career and it did seem to affect him) but I remember him telling me to get to the Richard Dunne fight early or else I'd miss it.

There was no love lost between the two and I've rarely seen anyone hammered so comprehensively as Dunne that night. Blood everywhere.

Dave "Boy" Green was different altogether - non-stop entertainment. His "muckraker" punches were legendary. They started somewhere close to his ankles and when they landed they sure looked spectacular. Dave hailed from Chatteris, the same Fenland town as another boxing notable, Eric Boon, and attracted the same sort of following at his peak. He was all heart and action, things that made the crowd buzz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bugner

• Like 1

The card so far for AJ vs Klitschko is a joke. I would be pretty angry if I had shelled out thousands to sit anywhere near the ring to view it. When I went to Brook vs GGG there were 5 title fights. This one has just two - one of which being Katie Taylor.

For an event of this size it's terrible.

Edited by Durnerz