Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

Rumours are going round that Ferrari are going to change Massa's gearbox to trigger a 5-place grid penalty which will promote Alonso to 7th and the clean side of the grid.

Good plan if true. He'll still have the chuckle brothers behind him though, so he'll have to put his foot down clean side of the track or not.

clever by them if true.

Very clever. Promotes Alonso a place and now both are on the clean side of the grid.

It's not really cheating. Massa would have been made to move over for Alonso at some stage anyway.

Let's not pretend that McLaren or Red Bull wouldn't be thinking outside the box too in this exact same situation.

I don't think it says in the rule book that your deliberately allowed to break your gearbox. Cheating.

Yeah, but does it say that you can't break your own gearbox in the rule book? It's just a case of finding loopholes in the rules to help your own cause, just like Red Bull did in the last race with Vettel.

Very clever. Promotes Alonso a place and now both are on the clean side of the grid.

It's not really cheating. Massa would have been made to move over for Alonso at some stage anyway.

Let's not pretend that McLaren or Red Bull wouldn't be thinking outside the box too in this exact same situation.

McLaren wouldn't....

There is a difference between thinking and doing.

what was it Vettel said when Lewis overtook him?

He was complaining about the back markers holding him up. He was definitely hindered by the back markers but I have a feeling Hamilton would have had him in those last few laps regardless.

Spotted a car ahead of both Vettel and Hamilton after they exited turn 1. Next time we saw them a HRT was getting out of the way on the outside of the long right hander and Hamilton was as close as he had ever been.

Fair to say that Karthikeyan hasn't done many Vettel many favours this season, he cost him a handful of points in Malaysia too.

I think Vettel is a bit high and could possibly be swapped with Alonso. I've not watched Walker's videos yet though, so maybe there's an incite he gives as to why they've been put in that order.

I think Vettel is a bit high and could possibly be swapped with Alonso. I've not watched Walker's videos yet though, so maybe there's an incite he gives as to why they've been put in that order.

I think the key BBC F1 people picked their top 20, and from all their lists this was the combined top 20.

I agree about Vettel, but I also think there's a case of the British drivers all being over-considered, as naturally those picking the list would probably be British. I know Clark did fantastic things, but Schumacher is statistically the best driver in F1 history, and to only be fourth...? :/

And what's Hamilton done to be rated above Piquet and Brabham who have each won two titles more? Maybe he should be below Fittipaldi too...

Archived