Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

Will be interesting to see who will be Di Restas teammate at Force India... Wonder if Hulkenberg regrets signing with Sauber now

Di Resta's teammate should be the test driver, Jules Bianchi. I heard a rumour today that Kovalainen could be going back to Lotus to replace Grosjean

Di Resta's teammate should be the test driver, Jules Bianchi. I heard a rumour today that Kovalainen could be going back to Lotus to replace Grosjean

Grosjean has really wasted his chance this year. He has shown great speed but he just can't handle the pressure when it counts.

Are Marussia really thinking of giving Max Chilton a race seat? I know the Chiltons are well connected sponsorship-wise, but surely if they want a pay driver there's far more impressive options available?

His family's company owns quite a big stake in Marussia I think.

hm..Ferrari look like they might put a spanner in the victory celebrations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20531638

Ferrari should just leave it.

The FIA have said that the Vettel overtake was legal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20541589

Formula 1's governing body the FIA believes world champion Sebastian Vettel committed no offence during the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Ferrari had written to the FIA asking for clarification of whether the German's overtake of Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne was legitimate.

Vettel could have faced a potential penalty that would have made Ferrari's Fernando Alonso champion.

However, 25-year-old Vettel's third successive world title is set to stand.

The situation was complicated because the track-side warning lights and flags and Vettel's dashboard display appear to have contradicted each other.

Vettel, the youngest ever three-time champion, pulled off the pass on lap four of the race before he reached a green flashing light indicating that the yellow caution zone - in which overtaking is not allowed - had ended. And his dashboard display showed the yellow-flag warning sign throughout.

However, on-board videos of the incident appeared to show a marshal waving a green flag on the inside of the track.

It has emerged that the incident was not investigated during the race because a green flag was being waved at a marshals' post after Turn Three. Vettel only began his move after passing that flag.

That means the move was viewed at the time as legitimate and so race control, which judges potential infringements, was not informed and the stewards did not become involved.

BBC Sport understands that several team bosses have seen the footage of the incident and agree that there was a green flag at the marshals' post.

That would be great! Kimi and Heikki are cool as fuck! Would be great to see them on the same team.

Looks like HRT are finished:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104673

The HRT Formula 1 team looks set to officially close down after failing to find a buyer before the FIA's deadline for 2013 entries on Friday.

The squad was absent from the 22-car entry list published by the governing body on Saturday.

HRT had been put up for sale by owner Thesan Capital just before the United States Grand Prix.

Attempts were made to find a buyer before the entry deadline. AUTOSPORT understands that Chinese company Chery Automobile among those involved in talks to save HRT.

Sources indicate that the team is now working to pay its creditors and that the plan is for the team to shut down without unpaid debts.

One of the lads I worked with at mclaren left to go to HRT, so he'll be out of work now

A few women I worked with left for HRT too, didn't think they were that into F1 though, and considering they were all in their fifties don't think it was to be a pit girl either :dunno:

A few women I worked with left for HRT too, didn't think they were that into F1 though, and considering they were all in their fifties don't think it was to be a pit girl either :dunno:

:P

I'm not sure i care too much about HRT leaving, their business model is about funding themselves through pay to drive and never really trying to do more than meet the 107% rule. They just get in the way of real teams.

One of the lads I worked with at mclaren left to go to HRT, so he'll be out of work now

He must be gutted, i'm sure I remember seeing them advertising for positions (may have been Marussia though) on MonsterJobs or something like that at the start of the season.mI imagine getting a job in F1, particularly for the top teams is horrendously difficult, do you think your friend will get another team?

Didn't know you worked for McLaren either, what was your role?

Austria could come back next year if Turkey can't be funded:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20657102

Red Bull has offered its own track in Austria as a potential venue for a 20th grand prix in 2013.

Formula 1's governing body the FIA has shuffled next year's schedule to open a slot for an extra race on 21 July.

It had been expected that this would be filled by a return of the Turkish race, but it is not clear it could be funded.

He must be gutted, i'm sure I remember seeing them advertising for positions (may have been Marussia though) on MonsterJobs or something like that at the start of the season.mI imagine getting a job in F1, particularly for the top teams is horrendously difficult, do you think your friend will get another team?

Didn't know you worked for McLaren either, what was your role?

I worked for Mclaren GT, the sports car side. I was a stock controller

The 12 team bosses have voted for their personal top 10 drivers of the season and the final aggregated result was:

1. Fernando Alonso
  2. Sebastian Vettel
  3. Lewis Hamilton
  4. Kimi Raikkonen
  5. Jenson Button
  6. Mark Webber
  7. Nico Hulkenburg
  8. Nico Rosberg
  9. Sergio Perez
  10. Felipe Massa

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104812

The list is probably about right, although Hulkenburg might deserve 5th.

Archived