Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

lol!

Will be an interesting battle for the win now.

One saving grace for Hamilton. He can get out of that car, look at it all broken down and ruining his race and think to himself "Well a least I'm not Felipe Massa." :thumbup:

One saving grace for Hamilton. He can get out of that car, look at it all broken down and ruining his race and think to himself "Well a least I'm not Felipe Massa." :thumbup:

I'm sure he'll enjoy fighting with the Force Indias and Toro Rossos for 10th place next season ;)

So. Is it Lotus' first win since 1987 or their first win in 181 races, both of which were mentioned by the commentators? For both to be true, i.e. 181 races since 1987, that would mean less than 8 races a year.

Actually, I think I've worked it out - it's Lotus' first win in 181 races for them, not 181 GPs - they were missing from several seasons.

I'd also like to point out that of the first 10 drivers in the race, the only one Vettel actually passed on the track (I think from my observation) was Button.

Nice to see Kimi win though and an 8th victor!

I think the thing is that Vettel won the tyre and safety car lotto so he didn't have to overtake too many cars. The race for me was not satisfying, too many incidents.

He overtook plenty of cars.

I think the thing is that Vettel won the tyre and safety car lotto so he didn't have to overtake too many cars. The race for me was not satisfying, too many incidents.

Aye, Vettal was lucky that he was able to get his wing changed under the first safety car and on his 2nd stop it became apparent that the car he got out in front of (Maldonardo I think) was holding everyone back as about 3 cars flew past him. Without him there and those cars further round the track, Vettel may well have found himself further back.

Incidents too, very few clean over-taking manoeuvers. Seemed to me there were as many crashes as clean overtakes.

He overtook plenty of cars.

in positions 23 to 11 - after that one overtake on the track I think.

lol some right shit being posted in here.

Vettel drove a great race today but was aided by the two safety cars and a few cars in and around him that decided to crash out, that cant be denied. He was already a pit stop down after the first safety car, and was around about a pit stop down after the leaders pitted. He then falls back to 4th, puts the quickest tyre back on and the safety car closes everybody up again and all of a sudden he has a massive advantage. I'm not trying to take anything away from him today but he wouldn't have finished 3rd without a safety car involved. Pretty sure he'd have scored points though.

Kinda similar to Hamilton's win in Monaco in 2008 after he hit the wall, changed his strategy, safety car helped him out and drove a brilliant race to win.

Archived