Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Player Values

In light of Mills/Bamba/Peltier/Konchesky...the majority of people are unhappy with the valuations that the players have been sold for/are speculated to be sold for. Which begs the question, did Sven value them too highly? Do we value them too highly? Does Pearson really think that they aren't worth any more, or is he correct in his valuation? Do you think we would have different opinions on the players performances if they were purchased for the amount we are selling them for?

If we pay a higher transfer fee for a player, we obviously expect the performances. None of the players are worth what we paid for them, and as a result, we have to sell them cheaper, even if it's just to get their wages off of the books...

I think in reality, people need to realise a player isn't worth the fee just because we purchased him for that fee. If you get me.

In light of Mills/Bamba/Peltier/Konchesky...the majority of people are unhappy with the valuations that the players have been sold for/are speculated to be sold for. Which begs the question, did Sven value them too highly? Do we value them too highly? Does Pearson really think that they aren't worth any more, or is he correct in his valuation? Do you think we would have different opinions on the players performances if they were purchased for the amount we are selling them for?

With the wages they're on it will really impact their sell-on value, it's a combination of the club massively over-paying for them & a real need to become sustainable & get them off the books.

Would NP have a say in value? No.

Not sure what "NP's valuation" has to do with anything, he doesn't decide that... he just has a list of targets rated in order he wants them (Chester & Stewart near the top apparently) & a list of players he's willing to trade-off the wage bill to make room for his targets... The rest is up to the financial men and agents

A lot of the players we're moving on (Such as Mills) are players that clubs know we're desperate to get rid of, and basically have to get rid of in this transfer window, obviously that isn't a good position for us when we're negotiating. The wages they are on is also going to discourage clubs from paying big money for them. I think we massivley overpaid for some players last year both in terms of fees and wages and now we're going to have to accept a loss on many of them. If things do go wrong however then players like Nugent, Danns and Kasper will have all shot up in value, so at least we're getting rid of the right players, even if we are making a loss.

Clubs probably know we need to cut the wage bill, so they're lowballing their offers. But correct me if I'm wrong, haven't we made a profit of some £500,000 on Bamba?

Hibs received 15% sell on fee so our profit would be £387,500

Guest MattP

Ahh. Never knew that. Good to know that Torres is in fact worth £50,000,000.

He was at the time, he isn't now.

That would be judged at the end of his Liverpool stay. If he was the EPL top scorer next season and got them into the Champions League that's almost £35m recouped.

Obviously but he has never shown signs of being able to do that. If Beckford scores thirty goals next season that will be £3m recouped. Will it happen? Most likely no.

Archived