Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Scenario

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Option A
    • Option B

so as a professional you would be happy with mediocre and wouldnt want to do your best.. ok..

why wouldnt i debate it, isnt that we do on forums?? or should we all just agree with everything everyone says

Ignoring the money side of it, there is something more satisfying about achieving something with a smaller club/company than just joining the best, would you rather work for Tesco or your local Butcher? 10 years ago would you rather work for Microsoft or for a smaller company (at the time) like Google or Apple and actually helped them become the innovators and challengers to market leaders that actually changed things.

What I'm saying is being at a smaller club/company is not settling for mediocre, look at Montpelier in France won the league for the first time in their history on a budget with a team of talented players being paid much less than PSG and the millions they have thrown at their squad. I wouldn't call that mediocre, I would call it legendary.

Ignoring the money side of it, there is something more satisfying about achieving something with a smaller club/company than just joining the best, would you rather work for Tesco or your local Butcher? 10 years ago would you rather work for Microsoft or for a smaller company (at the time) like Google or Apple and actually helped them become the innovators and challengers to market leaders that actually changed things.

What I'm saying is being at a smaller club/company is not settling for mediocre, look at Montpelier in France won the league for the first time in their history on a budget with a team of talented players being paid much less than PSG and the millions they have thrown at their squad. I wouldn't call that mediocre, I would call it legendary.

Top post!!

Do PSG pay loads?

They'll do then.

A. I'm not a greedy bæstærd and I'd rather play in the English Football League whichever division. To play for my home club would be even special and I'd take 15k it's a good substantial sum of "mooneh" and I hate foreign football culture. Including Scotland.

Seconded.

lol

I find the argument that you would take the 150k, because you have to set your family up for life, hilarious. On 15k a week I would earn earn my current lifetime's salary in little over a year. 2 years would double it. Ok, so I'm hardly living the life of Riley right now, but I get by comfortably and I'm content with what I have.

I'm the kind of person who, if offered a salary of £1000 an hour would work one hour every week* and enjoy the rest of the week.

I'm feel sorry for people who can't get by on less in these difficult times.

*possibly less.

It's a ridiculous notion - £15k p/w works out at about 3/4's of a million a year (I think) - if you can't support yourself on that amount then you really need to question the way you're leading your life.

Guest MattP

It's a ridiculous notion - £15k p/w works out at about 3/4's of a million a year (I think) - if you can't support yourself on that amount then you really need to question the way you're leading your life.

It doesn't work like that though, you change as you earn.

Instead of sitting on economy on the flight to Vegas you go in a cabin for £8,000 instead of £700, instead of gambling 20$ a hand you gamble $400, you get everyone's drinks instead of your own, you go shopping and don't come out the Armani or Boss shop. It happens.

Shrapnel, I wholeheartedly agree. But what if you were in a crap team, or under a crap manager, or not going forward. And what if you couldn't change things, and it mattered much more to you because it was your club? Or because it mattered, you played nervously for a few games and the crowd got on your back, and Twitter's back? And because you were part of a struggling team, every time you went out in your home town you got abuse from morons because you weren't trying, weren't fit to wear the shirt, etc.

To me, being part of something good for LCFC would be unbeatable, but to sour the club would be unbearable.

Archived