Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Scenario

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Option A
    • Option B

I love City but I'd choose option B. Not because of the money (£15k is more than you'll ever need) but because (being the type of personality I am) I would want to play at the highest level. If you're good enough for the Champions League why restrict yourself to the Championship? You would always regret not pitting yourself against the best. Or am I taking this whole 'scenario' thing too far?!

a)You decide option A and get £15k a week playing for Leicester. You play 2 or 3 seasons at mid table championship level or bottom half premiership winning nothing. Then you see players not as good as you earning 100k a week and winning medals, playing for their country. How long do you think you'd be happy with that situation?

b) You turn down a 3 year 150k per week at ManUre at age 21 in favour of 15k per week 3 year deal at Leicester. 2months later you shatter your leg and can't play again. If you could you'd kick yourself.

Anyone who thinks they'd pick A is deluding themselves.

I don't think they are deluding themselves, it can happen, as mentioned before, Matt Le Tissier, Steve Bull at Wolves, even Gerrard at Liverpool, yes these people are few and far between, but to say it is delusional is just wrong.

There are greater factors involved than just football, there is the fact that Leicester is your home town, you would have friends and family and a network there, as well as immense pride at representing your club.

There are no guarantees when joining a big club for big money, you could end up warming the bench or just not gelling in the team and in the dressing room, or even subsequently sent out on loan to Hull or Grimsby for a bit more experience.

If you look at Chelsea, so many of their English signings would have been better off not going there, Parker, Sidwell, Bridge, Wright Phillips, Johnson, Scott Sinclair I suspect Sturridge, will be another, all of those players wasted some of their best years not playing much football

There are greater factors involved than just football, there is the fact that Leicester is your home town, you would have friends and family and a network their,

At that money you could live in Leicester and go to work in a helicopter every day.

There are no guarantees when joining a big club for big money, you could end up warming the bench or just not gelling in the team and in the dressing room, or even subsequently sent out on loan to Hull or Grimsby for a bit more experience.

You'd still get paid.

I don't think they are deluding themselves, it can happen, as mentioned before, Matt Le Tissier, Steve Bull at Wolves, even Gerrard at Liverpool, yes these people are few and far between, but to say it is delusional is just wrong.

There are greater factors involved than just football, there is the fact that Leicester is your home town, you would have friends and family and a network there, as well as immense pride at representing your club.

If you look at Chelsea, so many of their English signings would have been better off not going there, Parker, Sidwell, Bridge, Wright Phillips, Johnson, Scott Sinclair I suspect Sturridge, will be another, all of those players wasted some of their best years not playing much football

MLT and SB probably earnt no more than 15k a week anyway during their day. Gerrard earns close to the 150k I am sure of that...

MLT and SB probably earnt no more than 15k a week anyway during their day. Gerrard earns close to the 150k I am sure of that...

Possibly, my reason for including Gerrard was that he had plenty of chances to leave, to win more trophies and I'm sure Chelsea were prepared to offer him more money, but he resisted because he is Liverpool. A Liverpool lad and a Liverpool fan, and would rather try and win things for his club than for any other.

Some people clearly hold too much store in money and have absolutely no understanding that others may not be motivated by it at all.

Some people clearly hold too much store in money and have absolutely no understanding that others may not be motivated by it at all.

We can all say that when we don't have that option.

i pick B.

at the end of the day its a job so you go where the money is, i know you can be happy on 15k a week but why stay when some one want to pay you 150k a week.

i no its not the question you asked but look at it this way. say your job pays you £100 a day and some ask you to work for them for £200 a day what will you do?

its a job to them and if you was a player it would be a job to you.

yes i would love to play for leicester but play for a top 4 team and win trophy's and the chance to maybe playing for england and plus the money why would you stay.

its the same job...

If you ignore the fact you're playing for a completely different team, in a completely different place, with completely different goals and objectives, increased pressure, increased media spotlight, etc etc.

If you ignore the fact you're playing for a completely different team, in a completely different place, with completely different goals and objectives, increased pressure, increased media spotlight, etc etc.

Only weak people feel pressure.

Can't imagine I'd ever want to play for Leicester under Pearson so I'd play for United, invest my wages, and try to buy City first chance I got. Then I'd make sure we played the sort of pass-and-move football I've advocated for years and attack. Any manager incapable of recognising players capable of doing that - both inside and outside the club - and any coach/manager incapable of fostering that kind of approach or incapable of consistently bringing the very best out of people, could sod off.

Archived