Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Scenario

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Option A
    • Option B

Me and my friend were talking and i was just wondering what everyone would do as Leicester fans...

If you had this scenario:

Option A- Play for Leicester City (in first 11) 15k a week

Option B- Play for One of top four clubs ie:United city (in first 11) 150k a week and champions league football

I was just wondering where the loyalty to your club comes to an end and this scenario would prove it? I honestly would snap their hands off at playing for the club i love, even with less money, my loyalty is too much with leicester now but obviously for some...better football and better pay?

Thoughts?

Loyalty is/should be a 2 way situation and if I was good enough to earn £150K and play at the top level I'd expect my loyalty to be rewarded by more than £15k, besides it's so hypothetical in my case that playing for a crap Sunday League team would be a bonus.

But B)

Option A, 15k a week is more than enough and I'd rather play for Leicester than anywhere else. Plus I'd hate the media attention you get at the big clubs as well. Obviously if only Option B was available I'd grin and bear it.

I had this conversation when Heskey jumped ship & went to Liverpool. Leicester & Liverpool were both in the Premier League & I said that I would not do what Heskey had done. He would have been on good enough money anyway & I just couldn't imagine anything greater than scoring for my local team & celebrating with the kop........full of my mates & at Filbert Street.

That was then.........but I wouldn't do it now!!

Champions League, Premier League, £150k a week or Huddersfield Town on a cold Wednesday night??

I'd love to play for Leicester really would, many believe some players don't show enough 'passion' for the club - We (as fans) would all show loads of passion - Doesn't make us very good players though does it?

However I think most would be lying if they chose a over b, no matter how much you support a club, it'd all be our ambitions to play for Leicester but if you were good enough and could be offered £150k a week as in option b - At the end of the day money talks.

Don't get me wrong, £15k a week would do me fine like the scenario of option a, but £15k v £150k - Not really any competition is there.

Also - £15k a week for the flack Leicester fans give you? Not worth getting out of bed for.

Shoot me down in flames if you so wish, but I actually think I'd like to play for City.

Let's look at it... 15 k every week after tax makes 7.5k per week. That's 30k per month thus equalling 360 k per year.

150k every week equates to 300k per month thus 3.6 million per year.

Now let's be about right... Who needs 3.6 million a year? What on earth would you do with it? Surely there comes a point when you've have got so much money that there is literally nothing left to do in the world?

Most people could quite happily do everything that they wanted to do, in life, on 360 grand per year.

You can buy a great house, have great cars, have great holidays, send your kids to private school if you wish to AND play for your hometown club and work as hard as you can to give them success.

This is why I don't get the really big earners 'haggling' over an extra million or two per year. What on earth will it matter if you are being paid 150k per week, rather than 130k per week.. It's so much money that it's almost ridiculous.

The only real reason I can see someone wanting to gain as much wealth as possible right from the start is if they are afraid they might get a serious injury after a couple of years or so, so need to make as much money as quickly as they can, just in case.

But if you earn 360k over say, ten years, that's 3 mill 600 thou... More than enough money to have a very comfortable life, especially if sensibly invested.

We live in a completely money orientated world, which I think, is a shame because morals and ethics and certainly any concept of loyalty go completely out the window. Look at the recent banking scandals as a great example.

Then again, I'm a public sector worker, earning not a lot, so I guess 15k or 150k.... Either is merely a pipe dream.

I genuinely think this...

'earn' 150 k per week or score the winner for Leicester City from 30 yards in the FA cup final? Actually, the latter would give me more long term satisfaction I reckon. But that's just me.

A.

I really don't give a shit about money, 15k is more than enough to live a comfortable life.

This. This. and This.

150k a week? I wouldn't know what to do with it, I'd probably give most of it away.

Probably B but it wouldn't be down to the money. If you stayed at Leicester but were good enough for the champions league then you would only look back at the end of your career and think about what might have been.

Archived