Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Scenario

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Option A
    • Option B

Get the "new star soccer app" on the iPhone. I played for Leicester, moved to man city. Then went to real Madrid. Now back at Leicester. Proper addictive stuff

I'm still with Leicester won the Premiership but still desperately chasing the Champions League, bought everything a few seasons ago still don't know what to do with all the cash!

Probably B but it wouldn't be down to the money. If you stayed at Leicester but were good enough for the champions league then you would only look back at the end of your career and think about what might have been.

exactly, you do B for a few years then at the end of that contract you're set for life so can do a, having won a load of silverware so now are doing it for the love of club and sport

Shoot me down in flames if you so wish, but I actually think I'd like to play for City.

Let's look at it... 15 k every week after tax makes 7.5k per week. That's 30k per month thus equalling 360 k per year.

150k every week equates to 300k per month thus 3.6 million per year.

Now let's be about right... Who needs 3.6 million a year? What on earth would you do with it? Surely there comes a point when you've have got so much money that there is literally nothing left to do in the world?

Most people could quite happily do everything that they wanted to do, in life, on 360 grand per year.

You can buy a great house, have great cars, have great holidays, send your kids to private school if you wish to AND play for your hometown club and work as hard as you can to give them success.

This is why I don't get the really big earners 'haggling' over an extra million or two per year. What on earth will it matter if you are being paid 150k per week, rather than 130k per week.. It's so much money that it's almost ridiculous.

The only real reason I can see someone wanting to gain as much wealth as possible right from the start is if they are afraid they might get a serious injury after a couple of years or so, so need to make as much money as quickly as they can, just in case.

But if you earn 360k over say, ten years, that's 3 mill 600 thou... More than enough money to have a very comfortable life, especially if sensibly invested.

We live in a completely money orientated world, which I think, is a shame because morals and ethics and certainly any concept of loyalty go completely out the window. Look at the recent banking scandals as a great example.

Then again, I'm a public sector worker, earning not a lot, so I guess 15k or 150k.... Either is merely a pipe dream.

I genuinely think this...

'earn' 150 k per week or score the winner for Leicester City from 30 yards in the FA cup final? Actually, the latter would give me more long term satisfaction I reckon. But that's just me.

When you put it like that.....

Still take £3.6m a year i'm afraid.

Loads of houses, loads of cars, loads of scandals with birds from Hollyoaks.

When you put it like that.....

Still take £3.6m a year i'm afraid.

Loads of houses, loads of cars, loads of scandals with birds from Hollyoaks.

Loads of not playing for the football club you 'love'.

Loads of not playing for the football club you 'love'.

Houses, cars, fit famous birds and nuff money will more than compensate getting boo'd off the pitch following a poor 1-0 defeat at home to Bristol on a Tuesday.

Sorry but i'm just not as 'loyal' as you and others on here.

I'd pick A, but then I realised that our fans are twats who wouldn't care about the pay cut and boo me for a poor performance and wouldn't appreciate the sacrifice I'd be taking just to play for a bunch of ungrateful wankers. At least it would soften the blow playing for a bunch of ungrateful wankers whilst being paid £150k per week

For that reason I'd pick option B :P

Option B all day.

Putting money aside, surely you want to achieve all you can? Looking back on your career, you'd want it to be possible to win domestic and European titles.

Saying that, playing for the club you've supported since a child probably couldn't be matched.

Given the opportunity and with the hard work required, we all want to self-actualise don't we? Surely we all want to reach our potential?

And given the scenario (which is quite an interesting one!) that you're good enough for B, never giving a go at B would be sabotaging your opportunity to meet your potential. Sure it would be nice to play for Leicester, but you could do that anyway. You could do that for many years but you'd surely have to give a real go at trying to win things at some stage.

I guess it would be Option A to start off the career, Option B to take you through your best playing years and then play your last few seasons back at Leicester, even for free if you love the club so much.

The ones who voted B are IMO the ones who indirectly kill football. Not trying to be self righteous but somethings plainly wrong if theyd choose chimps league football for a club they have no feeling for over playing for the club they love.

but you would be a professional and so want to do the best you could..

football is only a short career also so all those saying 15k is loads dont forget your lifestyle wouldnt be the same as it is now so you would be spending higher and you can have 30+ years once your career finished to fund still..

Option B:

Rake in the money, plough that into a K2 offshore tax avoidance scheme, then once I retire I'll buy out the Raksriaksorns and own the club. Needless to say I'll immediately bring players like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Edgar Davids out of retire on fat contracts. You're welcome Leicester City.

people saying A are just lying to themselves, reality is if you were in that position you would be talking about your career so you look at it differently to how you do as a fan

people saying A are just lying to themselves, reality is if you were in that position you would be talking about your career so you look at it differently to how you do as a fan

Only if you're motivated by money. We could all 'survive' ( :rolleyes:) on £15,000 a week, I'd consider myself to have had a better career earning that amount for something I feel passionate about than 10x that for something that I wouldn't enjoy nearly as much.

the difference is so great you'd have to do B, which would leave you, your kids and grand kids set for life, again though you're looking at it as a fan, when its your job you have to look at it dispassionately, but carry on ignoring the point.

Besides which we play sport to win, if you are good enough for B you'll be challenging to win things which is why they get into the sport in the 1st place

Archived