Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Pussy Riot

lol Yeah you two really nailed it there. I hold contempt for feminists? I don't really feel contempt for anyone, let alone some modern feminists! I'm a very laid back man thankyou very much.

I'm all for equality. Well done to the Suffolk Jets and all that. However, in this day and age I've never met a woman who isn't free to do whatever she feels like, just like men. I've never met a woman who has said she feels trapped by the government or 'the church'.

As far as I can see women are free and equal in society. Everywhere I look I see women in positions of power. Are your wives, or the wives of any of your friends and family subjugated?

I did say 'hardline' feminists in my other post. I've never met a woman who agrees with, or understands, the mentality or logic behind some of the quotes from these hardline feminists I was talking about. All I see in their famous quotes is positive discrimination and the idea of gender war. The aim of it's leaders seems to be to reverse the dominant sex role and nothing about equality.

Dey bin de-feminizin our women and feminizin our men yo.

The fact most people around here seem to think there's nothing offensive about implying women are responsible for making sure they aren't sexually insulted tells me there's still work for feminists to do.

Though that's somewhat irrelevant, the issue isn't their politics the issue is that they've been locked up by a supposedly developed state for having them.

lol

I'd have thought El Empty would be over this like a rash shouting about how he told us, how the NWO order is stealing our freedom of thought and instead - "ah, send 'em down, clearly evil people"

I might have been all over it if it weren't just an unclassy set of people spouting crap. I wouldn't want my daughter looking up to these kind of 'working class heroes' (which seems to be what many of you think they are). lol

They haven't had their freedom invaded. It's not a human right for a bunch of 'free-love' maroon bad influences to go into a church and start shouting whatever they like. Or to shoplift frozen chickens and put them in your love tunnel. Or to draw cocks on public or government property. It's all anarchist bullshit and always ruins real protest everywhere you look.

And I never said I agree or disagree with the sentence. It might be very harsh I don't know, as I've not read the whole story.

I might have been all over it if it weren't just an unclassy set of people spouting crap. I wouldn't want my daughter looking up to these kind of 'working class heroes' (which seems to be what many of you think they are). lol

They haven't had their freedom invaded. It's not a human right for a bunch of 'free-love' maroon bad influences to go into a church and start shouting whatever they like. Or to shoplift frozen chickens and put them in your love tunnel. Or to draw cocks on public or government property. It's all anarchist bullshit and always ruins real protest everywhere you look.

And I never said I agree or disagree with the sentence. It might be very harsh I don't know, as I've not read the whole story.

Ignore the frozen chicken and cock graffiti, that's not the issue here. What have they been arrested for? Disapproving of Putin (who is a crooked dictator) and voicing their opinion on him.

For you to sit here and harp on about the NWO and the secret rulers taking away freedom with all sorts of surveillance, then approve of the arrest and imprisonment of what is nothing more than a couple of protesters voicing their opinion, is nothing less than absurd double standards.

Guest MattP

Does that mean One Direction should be extradited to the US to face the death penalty?

Too late they have hidden in the Bolivian embassy :(

Everything about this trial is a crock of shit.

First, let's start with Pussy Riot themselves. There's no disputing taste, but yeah, their music is horrible. And as for their antics, it's hard for them to surprise and shock us, considering we in the West saw all that and a lot more 30 years ago... hell, even in the '60s and '70s. I suppose you've got to hand it to the ladies for trying, though.

But, yes--the whole arrest, trial, conviction and sentencing is absolutely ridiculous. They're not prisoners because of their talent but they are certainly prisoners of conscience. The show trial was almost Stalinesque, and one would almost half-expect Pussy Riot to have been sentenced to 30 years in a gulag than two years in prison. And either the Russian Orthodox Church and their supporters were force-fed lines to say to the media and the court, or they are the most thinned-skinned group in the world outside of FoxesTalk posters ( ;)). Pussy Riot could have pulled their stunt in a Catholic church in Sicily, and the old ladies in the village wouldn't have even come close to expressing the kind of offense and outrage supposedly felt by those who witnessed their act.

And while the Western media did a good job of bringing this absolute sham of justice into the public conscience, it, too, is guilty of creating its own exploitative storyline wherein Nadezha Tolokonnikova was the "leader" of the trio purely because in the right light, if you squint just enough, she's fvckable, maybe.

This whole thing is sad and I feel really bad for the Pussy Riot 3, but what else can I do besides post here and maybe send a few tweets or something?

I do wonder, though: since those three were sentenced to two years for "hooliganism," after their release, will the police confiscate their passports around times when the Russian national football team is playing away?

Sometimes I wonder why the UK media and high profile stars don’t seem to care so much about our own government’s politically motivated and vindictive treatment of citizens here as it does about those abroad.

Sometimes I wonder why the UK media and high profile stars don’t seem to care so much about our own government’s politically motivated and vindictive treatment of citizens here as it does about those abroad.

Is this where Empty launches into a bit about state-controlled media trying to keep us unaware and more bothered about regimes our government don't like, or is he busy hating feminists?

I'm not saying our government are perfect but, seriously, you're going to compare personal and press freedoms here to this?

Pussy Riot are locked up while Nick Griffin walks the streets and you want to talk about the UK's vindictive treatment of it's citizens?

I'm not saying our government are perfect but, seriously, you're going to compare personal and press freedoms here to this?

Pussy Riot are locked up while Nick Griffin walks the streets and you want to talk about the UK's vindictive treatment of it's citizens?

Possibly, but our form of vindictive persecution is much more subtle, and probably much more effective.

Nick Griffen , however distasteful, is no real threat to the establishment , just a minor irritation , or maybe even a helpful part of the controlled opposition .

I ‘ve just been reading on various sites about John Anthony Hill ( try gooling his name or “friends of muad dib†)

Another interesting story is that of South Yorkshire intelligence analyst Tony Farrell , try googling his name too .

I’m in the process of reading about them now so I won’t say anything because there is so much out there about their cases and it’s best if you read for yourself from source .

I’ve heard virtually nothing about these two from our free press

I think you’ll find them interesting and thought provoking Finners even if you aren’t convinced about what I say :thumbup:

Possibly, but our form of vindictive persecution is much more subtle, and probably much more effective.

Nick Griffen , however distasteful, is no real threat to the establishment , just a minor irritation , or maybe even a helpful part of the controlled opposition .

I ‘ve just been reading on various sites about John Anthony Hill ( try gooling his name or “friends of muad dib†)

Another interesting story is that of South Yorkshire intelligence analyst Tony Farrell , try googling his name too .

I’m in the process of reading about them now so I won’t say anything because there is so much out there about their cases and it’s best if you read for yourself from source .

I’ve heard virtually nothing about these two from our free press

I think you’ll find them interesting and thought provoking Finners even if you aren’t convinced about what I say :thumbup:

However, take the student protests over the past couple of years - what is really that different between those and what Pussy Riot did?

That our prisons are not overflowing with students is clear that Finners is right about personal freedoms here as opposed to Russia.

I wont say this much but I completely agree with you zingy baby!!!

Ignore the frozen chicken and cock graffiti, that's not the issue here. What have they been arrested for? Disapproving of Putin (who is a crooked dictator) and voicing their opinion on him.

For you to sit here and harp on about the NWO and the secret rulers taking away freedom with all sorts of surveillance, then approve of the arrest and imprisonment of what is nothing more than a couple of protesters voicing their opinion, is nothing less than absurd double standards.

Ignore the frozen chicken sex session, the acts of vandalism and the other anti-social acts?! That is part of the reason they're in jail. But yeah, you go ahead and ignore it all.

I don't harp on about the NWO or the illuminati as you so often say I do. I can't remember ever saying 'the illuminati' or the 'NWO' to anybody.

And I haven't approved of the imprisonment of anybody. Don't think I've mentioned it. Carry on making things up......and ignoring other things.

Does that mean One Direction should be extradited to the US to face the death penalty?

No. They haven't been nailing frozen chickens - that they'd just shoplifted - in public. They haven't drew dicks on Tower Bridge or even stormed Westminster Abbey shouting obscenities whilst simulating ass-sex with eachother in front of the old dears sat in the pews.

I don't think it's a crime to make pop music yet.

Is this where Empty launches into a bit about state-controlled media trying to keep us unaware and more bothered about regimes our government don't like, or is he busy hating feminists?

I thought you were in a university debating club or something? Is this how it's done there? You just make up a crock of crap as you go and ignore every single point that's been made?

Pussy Riot are locked up.

However, take the student protests over the past couple of years - what is really that different between those and what Pussy Riot did?

That our prisons are not overflowing with students is clear that Finners is right about personal freedoms here as opposed to Russia.

This guy was locked up for 16 months for very similar actions in England. He didn't make love to a frozen chicken in public though. If he had, his sentence would have probably been 2 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015110/Pink-Floyds-David-Gilmours-son-Charlie-jailed-16-months-LSD-rampage.html

And what about this guy in the US? 24 years for graffiti. Bit harsh.

The list of examples of why the West is being hypocritical is endless. We have 'run-for-profit' prison services for crying out loud!

The whole P-Riot thing is a manufactured 'outrage campaign'.

Oh I almost forgot....One of the P-Riot members may be getting her flaps out in Playboy when released from prison. Idle gossip at this point, but the offer has been submitted. GIRL POWER :trumpet:

Playboy don't want the other two girls though 'cos they think they're a bit 'rough'. GIRL POWER lol

Ignore the frozen chicken sex session, the acts of vandalism and the other anti-social acts?! That is part of the reason they're in jail. But yeah, you go ahead and ignore it all.

I don't harp on about the NWO or the illuminati as you so often say I do. I can't remember ever saying 'the illuminati' or the 'NWO' to anybody.

And I haven't approved of the imprisonment of anybody. Don't think I've mentioned it. Carry on making things up......and ignoring other things.

No. They haven't been nailing frozen chickens - that they'd just shoplifted - in public. They haven't drew dicks on Tower Bridge or even stormed Westminster Abbey shouting obscenities whilst simulating ass-sex with eachother in front of the old dears sat in the pews.

I don't think it's a crime to make pop music yet.

And Pussy Riot haven't been arrested for fucking a frozen chicken, or drawing cocks on bridges - they've been arrested for the whole church shit, in which they simply expressed an anti-Putin view point.

Well, you have - you've suggested there's no problem with a state imprisoning people for what is little more than having a loud mouth and not agreeing with those in charge.

I thought you were in a university debating club or something? Is this how it's done there? You just make up a crock of crap as you go and ignore every single point that's been made?

Drinking club, not debating club.

I won't be surprised if there's a riot on this forum in the future with the amount of members who come from academic backgrounds where they struggled to write a simple fvcking sentence which is academically correct.

Too many of them on here.

:wave:

I won't be surprised if there's a riot on this forum in the future comma with the amount of members who come from academic backgrounds where they struggled to write a simple fvcking sentence which is academically correct.

Do you mean 'grammatically'? :whistle:

I'm still smarting over this palaver. Not a fan of cultural subversion. Those flippin NGO's need chucking out of Russia. They're funding allsorts of crap antisocial groups in order to destabilize the country.

I notice there's been some protests in support of the hooligans. There were tens of them out in Cologne getting up to no good but they got hauled off after causing a scene.

Archived