Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

I'm glad the squad isn't as unbalanced anymore

You don't seem to be able to differentiate between having to play a CM out wide, and not having any choice about it because you don't have one on the books.

I can differentiate, my point is that Pearson was more than happy to assemble squads with three players who could play out wide (though by strict definition just two wingers) but was quick to criticise when he inherited a squad with exactly the same amount.

I can differentiate, my point is that Pearson was more than happy to assemble squads with three players who could play out wide (though by strict definition just two wingers) but was quick to criticise when he inherited a squad with exactly the same amount.

Well first he never said that about wide men he had a problem with inheriting a midfield with 7 central players. That also wasn't your point because you were clearly suggesting, as the sarcastic title makes clear, that the squad is no more balanced than when he took over, which is just wrong. You think maybe you should stop digging?

Poor old Nige was left in a right pickle when he arrived with way too many midfielders, we had 9 for crying out loud!

Oakley, King, Wellens, Moussa, Johnson, Fernandes, Danns, Gallagher and Dyer

After some careful pruning we now have just 9, thats a far more manageable amount

King, Wellens, Gallgher, Dyer, Danns, James, Marshall, Drinkwater and Knockeart.

Yuki Abe.

10 down to 9. :thumbup::ph34r:

Poor old Nige was left in a right pickle when he arrived with way too many midfielders, we had 9 for crying out loud!

Oakley, King, Wellens, Moussa, Johnson, Fernandes, Danns, Gallagher and Dyer

After some careful pruning we now have just 9, thats a far more manageable amount

King, Wellens, Gallgher, Dyer, Danns, James, Marshall, Drinkwater and Knockeart.

No I'm still not with you.

The squad he took over from Sven had one traditional winger in Dyer. Two at a stretch if you include Gallagher. The team he started with in the Championship contained Dyer, DNG and Gradel which is 3 wingers... 4 if you include Gallager. Even Adams had a history of playing out wide.

So please explain to me again what point you are making?

Well first he never said that about wide man he had a problem with inheriting a midfield with 7 central players. That also wasn't your point because you were clearly suggesting, as the sarcastic title makes clear, that the squad is no more balanced than when he took over, which is just wrong. You think maybe you should stop digging?

The point I was making is still the point I was making (albeit veiled in cynicism) that I am baffled by the hypocrisy in his stance. He assembled a squad with 3 'wide' players, left us with 3 'wide' players (one of whom was N'Guessan for crying out loud) then returns to fins us with 3 wide players and moans.

An unbalanced squad is a Martin Allen squad, when you have more right backs than the rest of the western world combined. If you inherit a Martin Allen squad then you can moan otherwise you've got nothing to worry about.

The point I was making is still the point I was making (albeit veiled in cynicism) that I am baffled by the hypocrisy in his stance. He assembled a squad with 3 'wide' players, left us with 3 'wide' players (one of whom was N'Guessan for crying out loud) then returns to fins us with 3 wide players and moans.

An unbalanced squad is a Martin Allen squad, when you have more right backs than the rest of the western world combined. If you inherit a Martin Allen squad then you can moan otherwise you've got nothing to worry about.

Where are these make believe wingers coming from that Sven had?

If that's really the point you're making why did you feel the need to include the current midfield? And why did you feel the need to to mention central midfielders? Oh and why didn't you mention the number of wingers he left us with? While we're at it why did you not make this point when he came in and was talking about wingers instead of now?

I fail to see what that has to do with how many central and wide midfielders we had last season compared to now to be honest...

No I'm still not with you.

The squad he took over from Sven had one traditional winger in Dyer. Two at a stretch if you include Gallagher. The team he started with in the Championship contained Dyer, DNG and Gradel which is 3 wingers... 4 if you include Gallager. Even Adams had a history of playing out wide.

So please explain to me again what point you are making?

Gradel 09/10 ZERO appearances (he did make a sub appearance against Macc). Adams 09/10 1 start 17 sub N'Guessan (shudder) 16 starts 11 Sub.

Would you want to inherit a squad with Nicky Adams and Danny N'Guessan as your options out wide?

Would you want to inherit a squad with Nicky Adams and Danny N'Guessan as your options out wide?

Would you spend around £10,000,000 and still do nothing to rectify that if you had a problem with it?

If that's really the point you're making why did you feel the need to include the current midfield? And why did you feel the need to to mention central midfielders? Oh and why didn't you mention the number of wingers he left us with? While we're at it why did you not make this point when he came in and was talking about wingers instead of now?

I fail to see what that has to do with how many central and wide midfielders we had last season compared to now to be honest...

I didn't mention central midfielders in my post. I said midfielders.

I did forget the little Japanese fella.

I didn't mention central midfielders in my post. I said midfielders.

I did forget the little Japanese fella.

Yeah but you're saying now your point is only about Nigel's hypocrisy when it comes to wingers... so why did you feel the need to include central midfielders, or indeed any of what you put in the original post. If I had realised that the thread didn't have anything to do with the first post then I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

Would you spend around £10,000,000 and still do nothing to rectify that if you had a problem with it?

Well Sven did Sell both Adams and N'Guessan.

I suppose it depends on the system I was going to play, if I were to play a diamond then no, likewise if I were to play 433. Vassel, lest we forget, could be deployed on either flank and Schlupp could play wide.

Anyone know how many wingers we finished with against Cardiff?

It's not the balance that worries me, it's the masses of inexperience.

I corrected you on this the other day...

Konchesky - 31

Whitbread - 28

Morgan - 28

Dyer - 29

Wellens - 32

Beckford - 28

Danns - 29

Nugent - 27

But any excuse to have a moan right?

No need to thank me.

Gradel 09/10 ZERO appearances (he did make a sub appearance against Macc). Adams 09/10 1 start 17 sub N'Guessan (shudder) 16 starts 11 Sub.

But they were there if we needed them, which couldn't be said about the team he inherited.

Inheriting a team that had finished 5th the year before, with £10/£20m to find the replacements? I think I could probably cope with that just fine actually.

Yeah but you're saying now your point is only about Nigel's hypocrisy when it comes to wingers... so why did you feel the need to include central midfielders, or indeed any of what you put in the original post. If I had realised that the thread didn't have anything to do with the first post then I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

Wide players not wingers other people said wingers (of which there are very few true wingers any more), Knockeart spent last season playing upfront but I have no problem counting him as a wide player.

Archived