Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

I'm glad the squad isn't as unbalanced anymore

Poor old Nige was left in a right pickle when he arrived with way too many midfielders, we had 9 for crying out loud!

Oakley, King, Wellens, Moussa, Johnson, Fernandes, Danns, Gallagher and Dyer

After some careful pruning we now have just 9, thats a far more manageable amount

King, Wellens, Gallgher, Dyer, Danns, James, Marshall, Drinkwater and Knockeart.

Poor old Nige was left in a right pickle when he arrived with way too many midfielders, we had 9 for crying out loud!

After some careful pruning we now have just 9, thats a far more manageable amount

King, Wellens, Gallgher, Dyer, Danns, James, Marshall, Drinkwater and Knockeart.

How can pruning down from 9 equal 9?

lol

We've gone from having 7 CMs and 2 wide players to having 5 CMs and 4 wide players. Looks more balanced to me.

7 Central Midfielders - 2 Wingers

5 Central Midfielders - 4 Wingers

I'm not sure you understand what balance is mate... :unsure:

Sven had millions to spend yet he failed to buy us a winger. We were unbalanced because we had one winger, Dyer.

Pearson has clearly identified we needed two wingers, and has brought two.

I was actually going to post, but Mark has done a shorter version for me, which I fully agree with...

7 Central Midfielders - 2 Wingers

5 Central Midfielders - 4 Wingers

You are correct, I dreamt all those games where Oakley played right wing.

That doesn't make him a winger, we played Danns there as well but he's a central midfielder.

Guest MattP

That doesn't make him a winger, we played Danns there as well but he's a central midfielder.

Isn't that exactly his point that the squad is more balanced now and we won't be forced into playing players out of their natural position.

You are correct, I dreamt all those games where Oakley played right wing.

Oakley can play as a wide midfielder, not as a winger. Just like Danns and Moussa. Doesn't make them real wingers, because they arn't.

Isn't that exactly his point that the squad is more balanced now and we won't be forced into playing players out of their natural position.

Read it again, it's clearly an attempt to slate Pearson.

That didn't seem to stop Pearson playing him as a winger in division 1 when we had Dyer, Oakley and Gradel, or when we were in the Championship when we had Dyer, Oakley and N'Guessean.

You're right, what kind of fool would begin a season with just 3 players capable of playing wide?

I'll phone Sir Alex immediately to inform him that Nani, Valencia and Young aren't enough.

Guest MattP

I'll phone Sir Alex immediately to inform him that Nani, Valencia and Young aren't enough.

He knows, that's why he has gone out and spent 20million on Kagawa.

Mike I love your positive outlook on all things Leicester City it gives me a warm glow :dry:

That'll be the piss in your pants! (obviously I am being gently rude there as to full blown offensive)

My rather crudely made point is the hypocrisy in some of Nigel's claims, I didn't disagree with him that the squad would maybe benefit from some additional width, I just found it a bit rich that he did the same thing but at no stage bemoaned an unbalanced squad.

Guest MattP

Read it again, it's clearly an attempt to slate Pearson.

Didn't realise it was a pisstake, whatever he meant it looks far better to me.

That'll be the piss in your pants! (obviously I am being gently rude there as to full blown offensive)

My rather crudely made point is the hypocrisy in some of Nigel's claims, I didn't disagree with him that the squad would maybe benefit from some additional width, I just found it a bit rich that he did the same thing but at no stage bemoaned an unbalanced squad.

Ahh... Now I getcha!

That didn't seem to stop Pearson playing him as a winger in division 1 when we had Dyer, Oakley and Gradel, or when we were in the Championship when we had Dyer, Oakley and N'Guessean.

I can forgive him as we won League One and got to 5th in the Championship, both seasons finishing above expectations. He got the best out of the players he had.

You're right, what kind of fool would begin a season with just 3 players capable of playing wide?

Ok, I'll go and tell Ryan Giggs he can't play out wide while we're at it.

When did he say 9 midfielders is too many? I remember him saying that having 7 central midfielders and only 2 wingers is unbalanced... He said the squad was unbalanced, he has rectified that. Of those two sets of midfields his is clearly more balanced. But I'm sure you felt clever typing it out so don't worry about it.

You don't seem to be able to differentiate between choosing to play a CM out wide, and not having any choice about it because you don't have one on the books.

Archived