Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JonnyBoy

Dyer v Knockaert

Dyer played out of skin on Saturday and showed some top quality every now and again, despite this, the amount of times i put my head in my hands when he skins 3 players only to give the ball away or sky it is becoming a little frustrating to say the least.

I know he has been a troop for Leicester but with the new signing of Knockaert i would be inclined to start him against Charlton and give him a full run out, having shown flair and general ability he is an asset Leicester haven't really seen in the last few years with his style of play and could be a star for us.

Thoughts?

Dyer played out of skin on Saturday and showed some top quality every now and again, despite this, the amount of times i put my head in my hands when he skins 3 players only to give the ball away or sky it is becoming a little frustrating to say the least.

I know he has been a troop for Leicester but with the new signing of Knockaert i would be inclined to start him against Charlton and give him a full run out, having shown flair and general ability he is an asset Leicester haven't really seen in the last few years with his style of play and could be a star for us.

Thoughts?

I don't see why not?

But it depends upon how the game is unfolding. Lloyds pace is useful (as has been mentioned by many people) when counter attacking with pace away from home.

If Nige wants to play a keep ball game, then Knocky might be the better option.

But he's not as quick as Lloyd and won't be able to put their defence on the back foot quickly, like Dyer can.

Lloyds final product really can be his Achilles heel, and if this aspect of his game was better he'd probably be a Premiership player.

Knocky looked good yesterday but I made the point after the game that this was at home, in the sunshine, in a game where we had lots of possession. Let's see what he can do on a wet and windy night in Burnley. Hopefully he'll be great but let's see.

Dyers doing ok, set up a nice goal scoring opportunity saturday and did well against their deep defence, Knockaert will get his chance to start but it is great for once to have a team strong enough that Gallagher and Wellens, when he returns, are going to have to work to get their place in the first eleven back.

Wonder when Futacs might get a chance too?

Dyer has some great pace, and I love it when he takes on players...but I seriously thought he looked drunk when he composed himself to shoot from outside the box yesterday. I would give Knockaert a chance.

haha, exactly. Always as if he never has close control of the ball.

Maybe Pearson should deligate half of his training to passing and shooting?!

What is the point in having pace if there is no end product. Which Dyer has plenty off (no end product )

Again, don't underestimate the importance of pace in the team. I think Dyer has been pretty good so far. Having a quick player on the flanks IS important because it worries the opposition defenders. Knowing they will have to cover to mark the quick man will leave holes for the front two to exploit. I think this aspect of Dyers game is massively underestimated by many people or so it would seem. Defenders will be worried by him which will affect their overall game.

Knockaert is that little sh*t that you will never want to defend against, suppose Dyer has the same asset in that sense.

I think Giving them both a half each until Dyer cracks and has a mare, then i think Knoackert will cement starting for city

An away game may not be the best time to give Knockaert his first start, does anybody know if he's any good tracking back?

Yeah at one point yesterday he lost the ball, went chasing after his man, put in a brilliant slide tackle to hook it away from i think Tomlin, and then went scampering off with it again. So yeah, he does track back.

You say no end product, but he has had quite a few goals in pre-season and the goal in the cup and he was threatening against Posh, don't think it would be the end of the world if he was dropped but he hasn't done anything wrong really and we haven't really seen Knockaert produce anything yet despite a good performance against Sunderland. Personally I don't think either have to start, I'd give King a chance in the team alongside James and use Drinkwater on the right hand side, his delivery is good and away from home it could be usefull to have him slotting in and helping out defensivley, but I wouldn't be against us going with Dyer or Knockaert.

45 league games and a few in the cup should mean plenty of game time for both. Dyer has more pace than the other wide men we have, so offers something different to the others and because of that I would expect him to continue to start regularly. I find it quite amusing that Knockaert is so highly rated by some despite featuring as a sub in just one competitive match.

You say no end product, but he has had quite a few goals in pre-season and the goal in the cup and he was threatening against Posh, don't think it would be the end of the world if he was dropped but he hasn't done anything wrong really and we haven't really seen Knockaert produce anything yet despite a good performance against Sunderland. Personally I don't think either have to start, I'd give King a chance in the team alongside James and use Drinkwater on the right hand side, his delivery is good and away from home it could be usefull to have him slotting in and helping out defensivley, but I wouldn't be against us going with Dyer or Knockaert.

rate Drinky alot, but as a winger?? not sure....

An away game may not be the best time to give Knockaert his first start, does anybody know if he's any good tracking back?

from what i saw on saturday he tracked back a few times - threw in a few crunching challenges that is refreshing to see :) He was popping up all over the place, very happy with this signing :)

I think we'll see a similar team and similar substitutions. Subject to the defence being healthy and uncarded the bulk of the substitutions we'll see from Pearson will involve the front 6 players where he'll endeavour to provide variety if we're struggling to score/control the game or resting/giving a run out to the regular subs if we're in front and controlling the game.

I doubt it will be case of Knockaert or Dyer both will get plenty of game time provided Dyer maintains a degree of form and Knockaert proves that he's got what it takes to adapt and produce consistently in this league.

Archived