Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JonnyBoy

Dyer v Knockaert

When he chased back, did an amazing slide tackle and got the ball and ran with it, I fell in love with him! he seems to have everything a winger needs and has a lot of energy. Only aged 20 he has so much potential, however I think giving him his first start at home would be better, with the fans behind him as well.

I like Dyer, when he's on form he's amazing but like yesterday the end product wasn't quite there i'd play Knockaert and bring Dyer on, for pace towards the end of the game.

rate Drinky alot, but as a winger?? not sure....

Not really as a winger but a wide midfielder, he did alright there against (Southampton?) last year if memory serves me correctly.

Not really as a winger but a wide midfielder, he did alright there against (Southampton?) last year if memory serves me correctly.

As a cameo appearance, he did, but against Reading where he started on the right, he was absolutely awful. I understand your point though, just think that it would be a very negative tactic and by all accounts he has been playing well in CM keeping King and Danns out of the team so must be doing something right.

Yeah for one game. What's the point of playing any central midfielder out of position when we have 4 players who can play out on the wing now? There's not, especially when Drinkwater has been our Most consistent performer in the past 3 games.

Dyer was superb for me on Saturday, and I've noted on these forums he doesn't get half of the credit he deserves.

People moan about some of his shots going wide, but who was it that skinned two players to get into the scoring position in the first place? And he does score now and then so it's not always a bad end product.

He also created some very nice passes / crosses for goal scoring opportunities at the weekend, and it's not his fault if the receiving player doesn't score.

Dyer to start all day long for me with the French land off the bench for the last 30.

Dyer was superb for me on Saturday, and I've noted on these forums he doesn't get half of the credit he deserves.

People moan about some of his shots going wide, but who was it that skinned two players to get into the scoring position in the first place? And he does score now and then so it's not always a bad end product.

He also created some very nice passes / crosses for goal scoring opportunities at the weekend, and it's not his fault if the receiving player doesn't score.

Dyer to start all day long for me with the French land off the bench for the last 30.

This. I've noticed the same thing too.

I'd go as far as to say I think Dyer is one of our most dangerous players.

And I still think he's gonna have his best season at the club.

he's a winger. How many times did he take on his full back? how many crosses did he put in? he doesn't do his main job well enough and he's 29, not a promising kid anymore, he either starts delivering regularly or we get rid IMO

Dyer is only dangerous when he runs with scissors or is left alone with a box of matches when his parents go out.

That's a bit cheap Mike. I enjoy your posts normally but that's a bit throwaway.

I'd go the other way around.

Dyer to run their defence ragged.

Then Knockaert's tricks to rip their defence a new one.

And so far that's exactly what Pearson has done..

Everyone knows what you're gonna get with Dyer, pace. He ways uses it well and is a constant danger. A great outlet but you get very little end product.

Let's give him some credit though, he's shown some loyalty to the club and he always puts some kind of shift in.

Personally I'd start Knockaert against Charlton, I don't think they'd be expecting his type of play and could put us in some very positive chances.

If only Dyer thought things through a bit more - some of his runs are fantastic but always takes a shot himself rather than having faith and passing inwards to the forwards - if Dyer and Vardy could time their attacking runs spot on, they could be an unstoppable force in the right situations.

Archived