Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JonnyBoy

Dyer v Knockaert

We should breed the pair. If Lloyd ploughed Knocky we'd have a cracking little player on our hands. Probably reverse cowboy with Knocky on top as-well as more chance of it being a boy

Sounds like a plan. Be foolish to not at least try.

My thoughts too on not606

Dyer played out of skin on Saturday and showed some top quality every now and again, despite this, the amount of times i put my head in my hands when he skins 3 players only to give the ball away or sky it is becoming a little frustrating to say the least.

I know he has been a troop for Leicester but with the new signing of Knockaert i would be inclined to start him against Charlton and give him a full run out, having shown flair and general ability he is an asset Leicester haven't really seen in the last few years with his style of play and could be a star for us.

Thoughts?

He´ll be an LC legend if he breaks into the starting XI. Not had a player like this since Muzzy Izzet.

:P

he's a winger. How many times did he take on his full back? how many crosses did he put in? he doesn't do his main job well enough and he's 29, not a promising kid anymore, he either starts delivering regularly or we get rid IMO

Oh yeah, that's the perfect solution. We've finally got a squad with a bit of strength in depth and you want to get rid of a player who is good enough to play in our first team beacuse he's not world class every time he plays. This is the same kind of bollocks I hear from people saying we should get rid of King and Gallagher - fine, but if Knockaert gets injured, who are we going to play on the left wing?

This is a SQUAD game. We'll get absiolutely nowhere by trying to flog off our decent squad members, leaving us thread bare.

The fact that we're having this Dyer/Knockaert debate is positive in itself. We actually have wide options this season and shouldnt ever have to resort to putting the likes of Drinkwater or Danns out there.

Just for the record, i thought both players made positive impacts on Saturdays game.

Im aware Dyer's not always got a great final ball but there was a couple of occasions on Saturday when he did put in a good final ball but no one on the end of it.

I personally thought Marshall was poorer than both Dyer/Knockaert but he always has the potential to produce some magic from nothing.

All in all, a good situation to be in. People on here that criticise Dyer need to realise we're a Championship club. if he had near 100% cross success rate, he'd be a Prem player

The fact that we're having this Dyer/Knockaert debate is positive in itself. We actually have wide options this season and shouldnt ever have to resort to putting the likes of Drinkwater or Danns out there.

Just for the record, i thought both players made positive impacts on Saturdays game.

Im aware Dyer's not always got a great final ball but there was a couple of occasions on Saturday when he did put in a good final ball but no one on the end of it.

I personally thought Marshall was poorer than both Dyer/Knockaert but he always has the potential to produce some magic from nothing.

All in all, a good situation to be in. People on here that criticise Dyer need to realise we're a Championship club. if he had near 100% cross success rate, he'd be a Prem player

everything said there is 100% true. i like dyer think he is great running the line and crossing it in but knocheart has FLAIR he get me out of my seat but i think dyer just beats him. the only other think that could happen is put marshell in the center and have dyer on the left and knocheart on the right??

everything said there is 100% true. i like dyer think he is great running the line and crossing it in but knocheart has FLAIR he get me out of my seat but i think dyer just beats him. the only other think that could happen is put marshell in the center and have dyer on the left and knocheart on the right??

Yeah you could play the 'Chelsea way' and play 4-2-3-1 with your 2 being Drinkwater/James, then 3 in front of Knockaert, Marshall and Dyer with 1 up top....

I'd like to see Knockaert start on the right, Marshall on the left so he can cut in onto his right peg and unleash some of that 35 yard wonder.

Then I'd be looking to bring Dyer on for 25/30 mins when the opposition defence are shagged out and just make him run at them, with the ball, screaming "HOT & SPICY NANDOS CHICKEN, PERI PERI CHIPS ON THE SIDE, AND A RE-FILL DRINK!!!!!"

Eaaassssehhhhhhhh.

Charlton 1 - 3 Leicester

Vardy (16), Beckford (38), Kermogant penalty (47), Dyer (87).

exactly, makes a change to have a topic about something positive

I'd like to see Knockaert start on the right, Marshall on the left so he can cut in onto his right peg and unleash some of that 35 yard wonder.

Then I'd be looking to bring Dyer on for 25/30 mins when the opposition defence are shagged out and just make him run at them, with the ball, screaming "HOT & SPICY NANDOS CHICKEN, PERI PERI CHIPS ON THE SIDE, AND A RE-FILL DRINK!!!!!"

Eaaassssehhhhhhhh.

Charlton 1 - 3 Leicester

Vardy (16), Beckford (38), Kermogant penalty (47), Dyer (87).

:crylaugh:

Hey, first time on this forum, I wanted to see what people thought of Knockaert so far? I went to see him a couple of times in France playing for EA Guingamp and he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile, so skillful and with a great eye for an assist. Has he been playing for you guys as a winger or an attacking midfielder? (he was a CF when I saw him last) (also, as a heads up, I am a Villa fan but a foxes sympathiser!)

Any information would be appreciated! Thanks

Z

I hate people saying this. It may be true, but it's irrelevant. No it's not 100%, but it's not 50% either. Of course he must have some drawbacks not to be a Premiership player, but he has so many that he's not good enough for the Championship - certainly not for a team aiming for promotion.

It's not that he's a little bit short of being the perfect winger, it's he's a long way short of being a quality Championship winger.

I hate people saying this. It may be true, but it's irrelevant. No it's not 100%, but it's not 50% either. Of course he must have some drawbacks not to be a Premiership player, but he has so many that he's not good enough for the Championship - certainly not for a team aiming for promotion.

It's not that he's a little bit short of being the perfect winger, it's he's a long way short of being a quality Championship winger.

Hit the nail on the head.

Archived