Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Bodo Glimt Match Thread

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~686163,00.html

Normal service was resumed on 67 minutes, with Connolly grabbing his second of the game. Sheehan weaved a fine ball through to the striker, who calmly chipped Horn from 25 yards.

138202[/snapback]

Is it me, or does that sound like world class finishing :smile:

138417[/snapback]

Either that or exaggerated journalism ;)

even if he does i doubt very much he'll be making the starting 11 for a while yet. We have plenty in midfield who have costed us to simply replace with a youngster (even if he is very talented). I reckon by teh start of the season we should see something like below;

Connolly       DeVries

Tiatto      Hughes    Kisnorbo      Sylla

Gerrbrand*  Nissa   McCarthy   Maybury

Douglas

* - if he signs

Subs :

Dublin

Williams

Gudjohnson

Henderson

Wilcox

Stearman

137962[/snapback]

I hope CL picks the best player for the position based on talent rather than what he cost.

138410[/snapback]

Yep I agree - although overall, managers usually stick by their own key signings, even if they dont perform week in week out (MA aside). PT did with Panic-buy, CL will be MDV - he'll want to see some progress by his signings and in midfield I see Hughes and Kisnorbo playing the majority, leaving Williams to battle it out with any other attacking midfielders - i.e. Weslowski, if he does well pre and early season.

even if he does i doubt very much he'll be making the starting 11 for a while yet. We have plenty in midfield who have costed us to simply replace with a youngster (even if he is very talented). I reckon by teh start of the season we should see something like below;

Connolly      DeVries

Tiatto      Hughes    Kisnorbo      Sylla

Gerrbrand*  Nissa  McCarthy  Maybury

Douglas

* - if he signs

Subs :

Dublin

Williams

Gudjohnson

Henderson

Wilcox

Stearman

137962[/snapback]

I hope CL picks the best player for the position based on talent rather than what he cost.

138410[/snapback]

Yep I agree - although overall, managers usually stick by their own key signings, even if they dont perform week in week out (MA aside). PT did with Panic-buy, CL will be MDV - he'll want to see some progress by his signings and in midfield I see Hughes and Kisnorbo playing the majority, leaving Williams to battle it out with any other attacking midfielders - i.e. Weslowski, if he does well pre and early season.

138462[/snapback]

Assumimg Kisnorbo is fit by then.

I'm not one to be too concerned with pre-season results but that sounds very encouraging :D

Hopefully the start of a great partnership between Connolly and de Vries.

138554[/snapback]

we did good last pre-season though, when we won 'the pepsi max tournement' and look how we ended up :P... even though i went to East Bengal and we could only break through them with a trevor benjamin peno :P.. so i do see the diffrence :P

I'm not one to be too concerned with pre-season results but that sounds very encouraging :D

138554[/snapback]

we did good last pre-season though, when we won 'the pepsi max tournement' and look how we ended up :P... even though i went to East Bengal and we could only break through them with a trevor benjamin peno :P.. so i do see the diffrence :P

138557[/snapback]

Point taken, but we didn't have any emphatic wins to my knowledge ;) I actually watched the East Bengal and Mallorca games on some obscure TV channel after finding out they were being shown. Neither was a really great performance though from what i remember, and Mallorca were poor.

138554[/snapback]

138557[/snapback]

Point taken, but we didn't have any emphatic wins to my knowledge ;) I actually watched the East Bengal and Mallorca games on some obscure TV channel after finding out they were being shown. Neither was a really great performance though from what i remember, and Mallorca were poor.

138564[/snapback]

the players didnt look very confident, thats 1 thing.. the looked like they where still getting to know each other etc, but we did win :P

As an aside (not trying to excite or unexcite people) I thought it was funny hearing Jon Sanders on the radio yesterday morning saying that one of Bodo Glimt's players (the left-back) was a trialist and he'd never played 11-a-side football before :huh: He was an athlete or something :P

As an aside (not trying to excite or unexcite people) I thought it was funny hearing Jon Sanders on the radio yesterday morning saying that one of Bodo Glimt's players (the left-back) was a trialist and he'd never played 11-a-side football before  :huh: He was an athlete or something  :P

138973[/snapback]

That maybe true but it is something some of our rivals could not do. :D:D:thumbup:;)

Wolves pre-season

Nice to see this happening, and hope it continues but Bodo Glimt  :unsure: WHOOOOOO?!?

All i'm saying is don't get to excited people, its a friendly means nothing its just basically a fitness/training game, it means nothing and I don't know but I doubt Bodo Glimt are as good as alot of sides in the Championship...

Having said that, Keep it up Leicester and keep scoring the goals :thumbup:

138187[/snapback]

Dont get excited? what the hell is the point of being a fan if you can't get excited about your team pummelling another side no matter who they are plus with a new season on the horizon? As it happens Bodo Glimt ARE a good side.

138192[/snapback]

As I said in another thread the other day Friendlies mean nothing, Call me a glory fan but i'll be happier and will be excited amd give praise and credit when and where its dues when it means something when the new season arrives and we a "pummelling" teams climbing our way to the top of the league!

138195[/snapback]

Good, you keep that mentality, just dont spoil it for the rest of us.

138197[/snapback]

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...62entry139362

I have kept that mentality and as I said Friendly mean nothing, looks like we we're "pummeled" be Lillestrom last night does it mean anything about the season ahead?! IMO no! Does it mean we're going to struggle next season? IMO no!

Who looking more optomistic with my with that view now?! Ahhh let me guess it'll just be easier for you to put that view down to another moan :rolleyes::huh:;):S:ph34r:

Nice to see this happening, and hope it continues but Bodo Glimt  :unsure: WHOOOOOO?!?

All i'm saying is don't get to excited people, its a friendly means nothing its just basically a fitness/training game, it means nothing and I don't know but I doubt Bodo Glimt are as good as alot of sides in the Championship...

Having said that, Keep it up Leicester and keep scoring the goals :thumbup:

138187[/snapback]

Dont get excited? what the hell is the point of being a fan if you can't get excited about your team pummelling another side no matter who they are plus with a new season on the horizon? As it happens Bodo Glimt ARE a good side.

138192[/snapback]

As I said in another thread the other day Friendlies mean nothing, Call me a glory fan but i'll be happier and will be excited amd give praise and credit when and where its dues when it means something when the new season arrives and we a "pummelling" teams climbing our way to the top of the league!

138195[/snapback]

Good, you keep that mentality, just dont spoil it for the rest of us.

138197[/snapback]

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...62entry139362

I have kept that mentality and as I said Friendly mean nothing, looks like we we're "pummeled" be Lillestrom last night does it mean anything about the season ahead?! IMO no! Does it mean we're going to struggle next season? IMO no!

Who looking more optomistic with my with that view now?! Ahhh let me guess it'll just be easier for you to put that view down to another moan :rolleyes::huh:;):S:ph34r:

139364[/snapback]

Did I say the result would determine anything for next season? I was just happy to have some football back and be winning by such a huge margin. Unlucky.

In fact I am more optimistic now as Levein knows where we are, we can right the wrongs in time for the season.

Archived