Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Bodo Glimt Match Thread

Nice to see this happening, and hope it continues but Bodo Glimt  :unsure: WHOOOOOO?!?

All i'm saying is don't get to excited people, its a friendly means nothing its just basically a fitness/training game, it means nothing and I don't know but I doubt Bodo Glimt are as good as alot of sides in the Championship...

Having said that, Keep it up Leicester and keep scoring the goals :thumbup:

138187[/snapback]

Dont get excited? what the hell is the point of being a fan if you can't get excited about your team pummelling another side no matter who they are plus with a new season on the horizon? As it happens Bodo Glimt ARE a good side.

138192[/snapback]

As I said in another thread the other day Friendlies mean nothing, Call me a glory fan but i'll be happier and will be excited amd give praise and credit when and where its dues when it means something when the new season arrives and we a "pummelling" teams climbing our way to the top of the league!

138195[/snapback]

Good, you keep that mentality, just dont spoil it for the rest of us.

Cracking result! :)

It's not often we win pre-season games by that scoreline. Bodo Glimt may not be the best side in the world but at least we know our strikers actually realise where the back of the net is. There were too many games last season where a striker didn't score.

Well done Craig and the boys! :)

Cracking result! :)

It's not often we win pre-season games by that scoreline. Bodo Glimt may not be the best side in the world but at least we know our strikers actually realise where the back of the net is. There were too many games last season where a striker didn't score.

Well done Craig and the boys! :)

138200[/snapback]

Too right mate, thats what I like to hear.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~686163,00.html

Leicester City kicked off their two-game tour of Norway in style with a comprehensive 5-1 victory over Bodo Glimt.

A brace a piece from strikers Mark de Vries and David Connolly plus a goal from Gareth Williams gave the Foxes the first win of their two-match tour.

Craig Levein fielded a strong starting line up for the contest - including recent signings Rab Douglas, Nils Eric Johansson and Momo Sylla.

Youngsters James Wesolowski and Alan Sheehan were also included in the side as the City chief plumped for a mixture of youth and experience.

And that combination would pay off on the night as Leicester came out easy winners in blustery conditions.

Joey Gudjonsson could have put City ahead as early as the fifth minute. The Icelandic midfielder unleashed a rasping drive from 12 yards, but Bodo goalkeeper Horn did well to block the effort. The power of the drive left the Bodo number one needing treatment.

Good work from David Connolly almost created an opportunity for Leicester on 20 minutes, but Gudjonsson stumbled at the far post with the goal gaping and the chance was wasted.

Connolly gave the Foxes the lead with 25 minutes on the clock. The Republic of Ireland striker collected a Jason Wilcox pass and fired an unstoppable angled drive past Horn from 18 yards.

Bodo's best chance of the half came in the 33rd minute. Runar Berg, by far the home side's most skilful player, tried his luck from full 30 yards, but his effort fell just over the bar.

Mark de Vries doubled Leicester's advantage in style five minutes later. The big striker, who has found goals hard to come by since joining the club from Hearts, turned on the edge of the area before nonchalantly stroking the ball past the helpless Horn. It was a fine finish.

And de Vries made it three two minutes later. This time he was in the right place at the right time to side-foot home from close range.

Craig Levein rang the changes at half-time, bringing on Williams and Richard Stearman for Joey Gudjonsson and Paddy McCarthy.

The home side should have grabbed a goal back on 57 minutes. Skilful work from Evan Iversen down the left created a chance for Stig Johansen, but his effort from 10 yards flew way over the bar.

Bodo were awarded a penalty when Alan Sheehan was adjudged to have brought down Havard Sakariassen two minutes later. Fans favourite Runar took the spot-kick, but he could only watch in despair as Douglas flung himself to the right to make a fine stop.

But the Norwegian's would finally pull one back a minute later - in somewhat bizarre circumstances. As a corner was cleared the referee signalled that there had been a push and pointed to the spot, to the disbelief of the 1,350 strong crowd inside the stadium. This time Sakariassen took the kick, and fired it firmly to Douglas' left.

Normal service was resumed on 67 minutes, with Connolly grabbing his second of the game. Sheehan weaved a fine ball through to the striker, who calmly chipped Horn from 25 yards.

And substitute Williams would make it five for City in the 75th minute. Connolly did well on the right to pick out his team-mate, and the midfielder simply had to side-foot the ball home from 10 yards.

City will now remain in Bodo until they travel to Oslo to take on Lillestrom on Saturday.

Nice to see this happening, and hope it continues but Bodo Glimt  :unsure: WHOOOOOO?!?

All i'm saying is don't get to excited people, its a friendly means nothing its just basically a fitness/training game, it means nothing and I don't know but I doubt Bodo Glimt are as good as alot of sides in the Championship...

Having said that, Keep it up Leicester and keep scoring the goals :thumbup:

138187[/snapback]

Dont get excited? what the hell is the point of being a fan if you can't get excited about your team pummelling another side no matter who they are plus with a new season on the horizon? As it happens Bodo Glimt ARE a good side.

138192[/snapback]

As I said in another thread the other day Friendlies mean nothing, Call me a glory fan but i'll be happier and will be excited amd give praise and credit when and where its dues when it means something when the new season arrives and we a "pummelling" teams climbing our way to the top of the league!

138195[/snapback]

Good, you keep that mentality, just dont spoil it for the rest of us.

138197[/snapback]

Last seasons pre-season we wern't beating tema with the scoreline of tonight but we did have a good pre-season did it mean anything for the season ahead?! no! I hope more than anyone that this pre-season (So far) is a taster of what we are to see over the season to come but last season people built teams/players up to be disappointed last season!

Well done Craig, well done lads, i'm sure you can do well over the season to come and at least you can score, I was thinking we needed a new striker prehaps we do but keep this strikeforce up and you will do as craig says and become 20+ goals a season players, Keep it up lads! :thumbup:

Joey Gudjonsson could have put City ahead as early as the fifth minute. The Icelandic midfielder unleashed a rasping drive from 12 yards, but Bodo goalkeeper Horn did well to block the effort. The power of the drive left the Bodo number one needing treatment.

138202[/snapback]

:laugh:

Good old Joey!

Bodo Glimt 0  CITY 5  Connoly2 DE VRIES 2 wILLIAMS

138230[/snapback]

Bodo Glimt 1-5 Leicester City (Connolly 25, 67, de Vries 38, 40, Williams 75). :rolleyes:lollol;)

This is a fine result and hopefully we can look forward to the new season. Let's see how we do against Lillestrom. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

Bodo Glimt 0  CITY 5  Connoly2 DE VRIES 2 wILLIAMS

138230[/snapback]

In English:

Bodo Glimt 1 City 5 - Connolly 2, De Vries 2, Williams

If you see the other thread, you will see what we all think about the result. :doh:

even if he does i doubt very much he'll be making the starting 11 for a while yet. We have plenty in midfield who have costed us to simply replace with a youngster (even if he is very talented). I reckon by teh start of the season we should see something like below;

Connolly      DeVries

Tiatto      Hughes    Kisnorbo      Sylla

Gerrbrand*  Nissa  McCarthy  Maybury

Douglas

* - if he signs

Subs :

Dublin

Williams

Gudjohnson

Henderson

Wilcox

Stearman

137962[/snapback]

I hope CL picks the best player for the position based on talent rather than what he cost.

Nice result :)

Well done MDV on bagging a brace!

138260[/snapback]

Encouraging!. Doesn't matter how good/bad the opposition. All that matters for strikers is scoring.

Also having three Academy prospects in Stearman, Sheehan and Wes all together and competing to establish their first team potential is really positive and a near-ideal scenario for aiding their development.

Archived