Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blueblood1989

Finances available?!

He said 'everyone'

:P

You may be going out after the game, but I bet you'll have a sneaky peek on your phone...

Especially if we lose...

:thumbup:

Yeah it wasn't particularly aimed at you, more just a general thing. Sacking the manager now will be another massive waste of time and money. Plus, we still aren't playing that bad

We had a shocking result mid week but too much panicking by our fans.

If NP and team act like these fans we should give up now.

I have faith in them all and if we win today we will only be 2 points off 2 points a game to get an automatic promotion spot.

We were great v Blackburn and a good 2nd half v Charlton , We have not been poor in the League.

The squad is strong enough its what goes on within the clubs 4 walls that will get us success now and I hope that will be positive.

Buying more players, changing manager will not get us instant success its more momentum, confidence and effort - lets forget the cup result as it was a distraction and will save each of us pennies not going to the matches - RESULT ALL ROUND !

Pearson is always steady with finances he will never over pay for a player or offer wages more than the player should be earning.

Wenger doesn't go around throwing cash everywhere either despite having the money to do so. Not every manager is like Sven....

That a promise Babs?

:P

Yeah. I can deal with losses, I just can't deal with this place after. It's not good for my health or my girlfriends face.

Pearson is always steady with finances he will never over pay for a player or offer wages more than the player should be earning.

Wenger doesn't go around throwing cash everywhere either despite having the money to do so. Not every manager is like Sven....

And Arsenal have won feck a for ages.

Yeah it wasn't particularly aimed at you, more just a general thing. Sacking the manager now will be another massive waste of time and money. Plus, we still aren't playing that bad

I was only kidding mate...

I've always said I reckon we are a couple of quality players short of a really good squad. But I'd love to be proven wrong. Starting today.

Yeah. I can deal with losses, I just can't deal with this place after. It's not good for my health or my girlfriends face.

:)

My girlfriend reads the forum too, cos football is in her family.

She never ceases to be entertained by how wound up people get... me included!

:D

Yeah and look at the success Arsenal have had in recent years....

Pearsons job this season is to build a squad capable of promotion while massively reducing the wage bill so we don't have a debt for the season of over 6mil because of FFP. It's an extremely difficult job, made all the more difficult by not being able to offload the highest earners unless they take a pay cut. As we saw yesterday, no-one will pay their wages. Whether these players want to stay and play or go elsewhere, there's only one answer, they've got to start performing and justifying their wages or they'll be stuck here warming the bench or training with the kids till the end of their contracts. We can't compete with the likes of the 3 teams coming down from the premiership because of their parachute payments and we can't compete with the likes of Forest & Leeds who've just been taken over or are in the process and don't have players on stupid wages they can't offload to balance their spending. The bright side is that Pearson has put together a team that looks capable of the play offs but because of the Burton game, the squad now looks weak and we're going to find it difficult to rectify that. I swear Forest were paying Sven to **** us over, it's the only good job he did here. There's no point in us bemoaning good players going to our rivals, there's nothing we can do about it. Until our expensive failures start to justify their wages so we can offload them or they fire us to promotion, we're going to have to go with what we've got and try and supplement it with a loan or two. I don't understand letting Kennedy go though, the timing is very strange while we're struggling for fit players at the back. We could have waited a few weeks as free players can sign for clubs at any point so there was no rush. Maybe the wage bill is still too high

I would say finishing 3rd and maintaining a CL place isn't that bad, the problem with Arsenal winning things has been the fact they haven't kept hold of their best players.

But none-the-less teams like Blackpool, Reading, Norwich, Swansea, Stoke.... don't go around splashing over the odds on players. And at the moment all these teams are in a position we would love to be in right now.

Pearsons job this season is to build a squad capable of promotion while massively reducing the wage bill so we don't have a debt for the season of over 6mil because of FFP. It's an extremely difficult job, made all the more difficult by not being able to offload the highest earners unless they take a pay cut. As we saw yesterday, no-one will pay their wages. Whether these players want to stay and play or go elsewhere, there's only one answer, they've got to start performing and justifying their wages or they'll be stuck here warming the bench or training with the kids till the end of their contracts. We can't compete with the likes of the 3 teams coming down from the premiership because of their parachute payments and we can't compete with the likes of Forest & Leeds who've just been taken over or are in the process and don't have players on stupid wages they can't offload to balance their spending. The bright side is that Pearson has put together a team that looks capable of the play offs but because of the Burton game, the squad now looks weak and we're going to find it difficult to rectify that. I swear Forest were paying Sven to **** us over, it's the only good job he did here. There's no point in us bemoaning good players going to our rivals, there's nothing we can do about it. Until our expensive failures start to justify their wages so we can offload them or they fire us to promotion, we're going to have to go with what we've got and try and supplement it with a loan or two. I don't understand letting Kennedy go though, the timing is very strange while we're struggling for fit players at the back. We could have waited a few weeks as free players can sign for clubs at any point so there was no rush. Maybe the wage bill is still too high

:appl:

Probably because, unlike most footballers, including those on our books, his priority is playing football and not earning money. He's 27, I think, and doesn't want to spend a year on the bench, he's probably not got much left on his contract and it was thought easiest for all to cancel his contract than try and sell him on the last day of transfer window when not many people were looking for a solid left back.

If only more had that attitude, I'm sure that np would happily agree to cancel SSL and Gallagher's contracts rather than tout them around, but it requires an agreement from both parties to do that, and they know they will not get the same money elsewhere.

But all of a sudden they just paid him up and released him.

Surely we could have got a few bob in a transfer had he wanted to move on?

Even if it was 75k or whatever.

Still makes no sense to me.

Start of the season everyone was saying how amazing the squad is? Now a patch of bad results and everyone wants a whole new squad and new manager to go with it. No wonder we're in such an unstable state when the fans are more trigger happy than the owners who've been slated by said fans

"Everyone" certainly did not think so, including myself and a fair number of others. Too much inexperience, in important positions

Archived