Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blueblood1989

Finances available?!

Does pearson have the money at his disposal or has been told not do a sven?The squad definetly needs strengthning in some areas.

The signing he has made have been good just hasnt signed anyone apart from whitbread who has experience in getting out of this league. I think we need a blend of young ang hungry with experience. Thoughts?

The biggest mystery of all was releasing Kennedy.

Why did we do that?

Makes no sense.

Perhaps he wanted to go. Perhaps someone will be coming in on loan. Perhaps with the CB cover now being fit Nige sees that Moore can cover RB, whilst RDL can switch to left back if needed, whilst Sclupp is the emergency LB.

Got a plenty big enough squad

2 things though, some of our players are on big money for the division & would probably need to be sold to bring players in not for reasons related to a fee but to keep total wage bill realistic & does FFP exist yet, if so the ongoing wage commitment would restrict what we can do.

Taft is 19, his progress will stall if there's Kennedy, a 27yo old who's never going to be be first choice in front of him. Konch+Taft is plenty, particularly with utility CBs in the squad.

Got a plenty big enough squad

2 things though, some of our players are on big money for the division & would probably need to be sold to bring players in not for reasons related to a fee but to keep total wage bill realistic & does FFP exist yet, if so the ongoing wage commitment would restrict what we can do.

Taft is 19, his progress will stall if there's Kennedy, a 27yo old who's never going to be be first choice in front of him. Konch+Taft is plenty, particularly with utility CBs in the squad.

Is Taft a left back? I thought he was a CB and that was it. He'd be the biggest LB in the world at 6ft 5".

Same here..

Do we have any back up now at left back? Taft good enough if Konch gets injured?

and Kennedy wasn't on big bucks?

RDL can play left back, they said he can play in any position across the back and Schlupp is no stranger to left back in extreme cases.

Start of the season everyone was saying how amazing the squad is? Now a patch of bad results and everyone wants a whole new squad and new manager to go with it. No wonder we're in such an unstable state when the fans are more trigger happy than the owners who've been slated by said fans

Start of the season everyone was saying how amazing the squad is? Now a patch of bad results and everyone wants a whole new squad and new manager to go with it. No wonder we're in such an unstable state when the fans are more trigger happy than the owners who've been slated by said fans

I wasnt saying how amazing the squad is/was?

However, it really is time to put all the speculation to one side and get on with the job. Starting today.

The forum later will either be all sweetness and light again, or all doom and gloom again (or if we draw, somewhere in the middle).

But we do need to a. put on a good performance today and b. get points on the board.

I wasnt saying how amazing the squad is/was?

However, it really is time to put all the speculation to one side and get on with the job. Starting today.

The forum later will either be all sweetness and light again, or all doom and gloom again (or if we draw, somewhere in the middle).

But we do need to a. put on a good performance today and b. get points on the board.

Glad i'm going out after the game and don't have to see any of it on here!

The biggest mystery of all was releasing Kennedy.

Why did we do that?

Makes no sense.

Probably because, unlike most footballers, including those on our books, his priority is playing football and not earning money. He's 27, I think, and doesn't want to spend a year on the bench, he's probably not got much left on his contract and it was thought easiest for all to cancel his contract than try and sell him on the last day of transfer window when not many people were looking for a solid left back.

If only more had that attitude, I'm sure that np would happily agree to cancel SSL and Gallagher's contracts rather than tout them around, but it requires an agreement from both parties to do that, and they know they will not get the same money elsewhere.

We've also spent some money this summer.

If reports in France are correct we've spent anywhere from £2.5m-£3m on Knockaert, £1m on Vardy (rising to £1.7m) and James and DeLaet for a reported £2m combined.

If you add on £1m for Morgan, 750k (rising to £1m) for Marshall plus an undisclosed fee for Drinkwater from January we've assembled a squad costing around £8m.

Probably because, unlike most footballers, including those on our books, his priority is playing football and not earning money. He's 27, I think, and doesn't want to spend a year on the bench, he's probably not got much left on his contract and it was thought easiest for all to cancel his contract than try and sell him on the last day of transfer window when not many people were looking for a solid left back.

If only more had that attitude, I'm sure that np would happily agree to cancel SSL and Gallagher's contracts rather than tout them around, but it requires an agreement from both parties to do that, and they know they will not get the same money elsewhere.

Good post IMO. That makes sense.

The finances are there, but Nigel doesn't wan't to end up running the into massive debt, these so called "war chests" are essentially loans, which the owners will obviously want back, as we don't seem to be making any progression regarding promotion then the debt will increase for every 2 or 3 million spent.

One thing Nigel is, is wise call him all you like but just have a look at Portsmouth And ask yourself would you want to be in that position? In Nige we trust!

We've also spent some money this summer.

If reports in France are correct we've spent anywhere from £2.5m-£3m on Knockaert, £1m on Vardy (rising to £1.7m) and James and DeLaet for a reported £2m combined.

If you add on £1m for Morgan, 750k (rising to £1m) for Marshall plus an undisclosed fee for Drinkwater from January we've assembled a squad costing around £8m.

I think many forget that Mike

And its better to do the business and get the squad together well before deadline day.

IMO.

He said 'everyone'

:P

You may be going out after the game, but I bet you'll have a sneaky peek on your phone...

Especially if we lose...

:thumbup:

If we lose you won't see me for a week (awaits people saying they hope we lose).

If we win I'll be all over this place though!!!! Ha.

Archived