Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rossiboy19

Do we need a more experienced midfilder?

Wellens is experienced but useless these days, if we have to rely on him we are in the shitter.

as much as i thought we neeeded to get rid of wellens seeing him when he was on sky he looks to have lost a fair bit of weight and may be usefull still

as much as i thought we neeeded to get rid of wellens seeing him when he was on sky he looks to have lost a fair bit of weight and may be usefull still

Wellens isn't the answer to our problems, tbh I am bit pissed off we didn't bring in a central midfield of experience and quality it has been what we have been crying out for individually we have some good young midfielders but the trouble with that is they aren't going to produce consistent performances someone like Koren, Murphy, are the type of players we missed out on.

No we don't...

We need a taller, stronger, hard tackling, mobile midfielder who can both run with the ball when attacking and sit off the back four when neccessary.

If he's a good organiser and a bossy sod then that's a bonus.

Our midfield remains our biggest problem IMO. It is neither sufficiently creative when going forward, nor is it physically strong enough when going backward.

This places pressure on an already fragile back four and provides insufficient ammunition of the right quality to our strikers.

And it's poor of Pearson to have still not sorted this out. It sounds like we had the chance to sign Koren, for example, in the summer and we should have done.

I thought Doumbia for them today was excellent.

Since Matt Oakley has left, we have not filled the void of having a experienced head in midfield. I believe we are missing someone like that in our team.

Even if you're not counting Wellens who was still in the team when Oakley had been phased out, Dyer is 29, so he's experienced. King is experienced enough in this division, he's not old but he's played enough seasons to know what's required.

It's not experience we lack, it's physicality and creativity.

Some experienced players are crap, so I don't really understand why being around for a while is a massive asset on it's own.

We need no new players, the players we have are sufficient to get us promotion imo, it is the management that is the problem NFP who doesn't know how to get the best out of them imo he may well do in time but the signs I am seeing so far aren't too enamoring.

Wellens isn't the answer to our problems, tbh I am bit pissed off we didn't bring in a central midfield of experience and quality it has been what we have been crying out for individually we have some good young midfielders but the trouble with that is they aren't going to produce consistent performances someone like Koren, Murphy, are the type of players we missed out on.

We need no new players, the players we have are sufficient to get us promotion imo, it is the management that is the problem NFP who doesn't know how to get the best out of them imo he may well do in time but the signs I am seeing so far aren't too enamoring.

so do we need players or not

Archived