Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glenny_fox

Doom & Gloom

This Forum must be the most fickle fans forum around!

Why is it after every win we are going to 'batter' the league, then after every loss we're either going down or needing to get rid of Pearson.

Yes there are a few problems within the team that need ironing out, but in my opinion this is most talented squad we have had for around a decade.

Every match that we have played, we have been by far the better team, we are just lacking that cutting edge which i believe will come in time.

The last thing we want to be doing is chopping and changing the manager and squad again.

Just give it some time!! UTF

Why is it after every win we are going to 'batter' the league, then after every loss we're either going down or needing to get rid of Pearson.

Yes there are a few problems within the team that need ironing out, but in my opinion this is most talented squad we have had for around a decade.

Every match that we have played, we have been by far the better team, we are just lacking that cutting edge which i believe will come in time.

The last thing we want to be doing is chopping and changing the manager and squad again.

Hear, hear. You won't catch me overreacting after a loss, but you also won't find me overreacting if we win either. It's a long old season and Championships aren't won or lost by single games.

It's just reactionary drivel tbh. Not many teams go away from home and play the football we have so far. Ok we have lost them and it needs sorting out but I'd rather see us going for it than sitting back for a draw.

The "Pearson out brigade" seem to actually enjoy us losing just to have a rant

Reactionary drivel on here is total nonsense, people are arseholes.

People really seem to be wanting us to change manager, which will lead to a wasted season followed by yet another summer of upheaval followed by yet another transitional season where yet again the fans will be moaning for the manager's head.

We've done **** all in the last decade of chopping & changing, it's time to do something different

YES, we NEED to do something different and that something different is to actually support the manager and the players to grow, to be better than the sum of their parts, to really have that desire to go that extra mile to chase the lost cause or get that final block in... That's what people want to see & they cheer when they see it, but if the crowd is going to boo & be chanting for the manager's head because a player makes an individual error of the type which can't be accounted for on the training ground then everyone may as well give up now.

Yes people are starting to see us enjoy losing, some people are even calling for us to be thrashed... those people are ****s and they need to be shouted down by the other 99%, the day we let the idiots run the club will be the day we go into another 2 year cycle of change, then transition then inevitable sacking

trouble is NP has had 34 league games in charge so far since his return amassing 47 points from 34 games

this is hardly we are gonna batter this league material is it ?

yes im a pearson hater and the reason is detailed above

yes leicester are playing good football but they still losing and thats all that counts

not the fact "well we had 65% possesion" and crap like that i would rather have 35% and win not 65% and lose

i stick to my guns and say move forward Leicester City not sideways like you did when you appointed NP...

People really seem to be wanting us to change manager, which will lead to a wasted season followed by yet another summer of upheaval followed by yet another transitional season where yet again the fans will be moaning for the manager's head.

We've done **** all in the last decade of chopping & changing, it's time to do something different

YES, we NEED to do something different and that something different is to actually support the manager and the players to grow, to be better than the sum of their parts, to really have that desire to go that extra mile to chase the lost cause or get that final block in... That's what people want to see & they cheer when they see it, but if the crowd is going to boo & be chanting for the manager's head because a player makes an individual error of the type which can't be accounted for on the training ground then everyone may as well give up now.

Yes people are starting to see us enjoy losing, some people are even calling for us to be thrashed... those people are ****s and they need to be shouted down by the other 99%, the day we let the idiots run the club will be the day we go into another 2 year cycle of change, then transition then inevitable sacking

I purposely didnt come here yesterday after the game because i knew the reaction would be mainly negative and silly so i waited till today and the first topic is actually positive. This post is spot on and thank god im not the only one that thinks we need to be patient and not overreact

One mans 'reactionary drivel!' is another mans 'wishing to suggest where we may be falling short'.

I'm as big a City fan as you and I don't come on here to call you an 'arsehole'

Foxfanazer posted a thread yesterday pre match asking whether Pearsons' teams are 'too predictable'. I replied saying that we were 'defensively too frail, as a team'.. And so it proved.

Is this reactionary drivel or just a bloke giving his view. Just because someone's view isn't the same as yours or paint such an optimistic picture as yours doesn't make the poster 'an arsehole'.

I could call you a cvnt for even suggesting it.. But I won't...

:thumbup:

trouble is NP has had 34 league games in charge so far since his return amassing 47 points from 34 games

this is hardly we are gonna batter this league material is it ?

yes im a pearson hater and the reason is detailed above

yes leicester are playing good football but they still losing and thats all that counts

not the fact "well we had 65% possesion" and crap like that i would rather have 35% and win not 65% and lose

i stick to my guns and say move forward Leicester City not sideways like you did when you appointed NP...

And how is sacking the manager, leading to another couple of years of transitional crap 'moving forward'?

Patience with what exactly? our away form has been diabolical for a long time now it doesn't seem to be rectified, to do well in this league automatic promotion which is the aim this season imo, you need to win your home games and do well away from home the way we are going atm, we won't make the playoffs and will be another 7th-10th place finish.

One mans 'reactionary drivel!' is another mans 'wishing to suggest where we may be falling short'.

I'm as big a City fan as you and I don't come on here to call you an 'arsehole'

Foxfanazer posted a thread yesterday pre match asking whether Pearsons' teams are 'too predictable'. I replied saying that we were 'defensively too frail, as a team'.. And so it proved.

Is this reactionary drivel or just a bloke giving his view. Just because someone's view isn't the same as yours or paint such an optimistic picture as yours doesn't make the poster 'an arsehole'.

I could call you a cvnt for even suggesting it.. But I won't...

:thumbup:

I think he's referring more to the people who are saying we should change manager, as far as I know you've not called for Pearson's head yet?

Patience with what exactly? our away form has been diabolical for a long time now it doesn't seem to be rectified, to do well in this league automatic promotion which is the aim this season imo, you need to win your home games and do well away from home the way we are going atm, we won't make the playoffs and will be another 7th-10th place finish.

Patience in general for christs sake. Im not denying the away form is poor but what do you suggest we do? Sack Pearson?

And how is sacking the manager, leading to another couple of years of transitional crap 'moving forward'?

where in my post did i say sack the manager ???? go read it again mate a little bit slower and get your mum or dad to explain what it means as you clearly dont understand

the concept of the post is that in my opinion LCFC will not gain promotion under NP as stats speak for themself

Two lapses in concentration cost us 2 goals against Wolves, pretty much the same Vs Charlton & 1 of the goals Vs Blackburn... How is being impatient going to prevent that from happening, getting that right would see us win or at least get something out of those games and we'd be top on the back of 100% home record with 100% clean sheet

I fail to see how letting the lunatics run the asylum by dictating policy helps, or even how impatience helps? The only thing I can see it doing is creating an atmosphere which sees more individual errors at the back, or snatched chances up front not less.

where in my post did i say sack the manager ???? go read it again mate a little bit slower and get your mum or dad to explain what it means as you clearly dont understand

the concept of the post is that in my opinion LCFC will not gain promotion under NP as stats speak for themself

"i stick to my guns and say move forward Leicester City not sideways like you did when you appointed NP..."

If you want the club to move forward and you think Pearson's appointment was a sideways move and you don't think Pearson will take us forward then you obviously want a change in management? If you don't mean that then who knows what you're bleating on about? You hate Pearson, you don't think we'll get anywhere with him but you want him to stay in charge? ****ing muppet.

Patience in general for christs sake. Im not denying the away form is poor but what do you suggest we do? Sack Pearson?

Would it be the end of the world if we do? some people will cry rivers if he goes and I don't know the reason why, he has no record of promotion from this division I appreciate what he did in the past but that should of remained in the past why the owners felt it nescessary to return to NP I don't know

Two lapses in concentration cost us 2 goals against Wolves, pretty much the same Vs Charlton & 1 of the goals Vs Blackburn... How is being impatient going to prevent that from happening, getting that right would see us win or at least get something out of those games and we'd be top on the back of 100% home record with 100% clean sheet

I fail to see how letting the lunatics run the asylum by dictating policy helps, or even how impatience helps? The only thing I can see it doing is creating an atmosphere which sees more individual errors at the back, or snatched chances up front not less.

Our away form has been shite no excuses you either think NP can deliver promotion or you cannot I don't think he will be able to do this season and the noises from the Thais is that promotion is the aim this season perhaps the requirement it sort of puts the pressure on NP or a new manager to deliver that goal.

One question I ask would it be a travesty to sack NP?

I don't think it would be the end of the world like some are making it out to be but that is their opinion, the reason why I don't think NP is the man for the job is he hasn't delivered promotion from this division, if a manager has a record of doing why wouldn't you want that man in charge? of course their are no guarantees it will work but it is a gamble like everything in life like appointing a manager for a second time sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, if we sack NP and appoint Mick McCarthy or Harry Redknapp we will see if they can deliver the goods..

Would it be the end of the world if we do? some people will cry rivers if he goes and I don't know the reason why, he has no record of promotion from this division I appreciate what he did in the past but that should of remained in the past why the owners felt it nescessary to return to NP I don't know

Our away form has been shite no excuses you either think NP can deliver promotion or you cannot I don't think he will be able to do this season and the noises from the Thais is that promotion is the aim this season perhaps the requirement it sort of puts the pressure on NP or a new manager to deliver that goal.

One question I ask would it be a travesty to sack NP?

I don't think it would be the end of the world like some are making it out to be but that is their opinion, the reason why I don't think NP is the man for the job is he hasn't delivered promotion from this division, if a manager has a record of doing why wouldn't you want that man in charge? of course their are no guarantees it will work but it is a gamble like everything in life like appointing a manager for a second time sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, if we sack NP and appoint Mick McCarthy or Harry Redknapp we will see if they can deliver the goods..

Sacking another manager would be up there with the lowest point this club has ever been! Are you not sick of a new man coming in after a few games of nearly every other season? Another turnover of players, another change of direction, its ridiculous!!

Sacking another manager would be up there with the lowest point this club has ever been! Are you not sick of a new man coming in after a few games of nearly every other season? Another turnover of players, another change of direction, its ridiculous!!

Why do you assume their will be a turnover of players or change in direction? the best managers in this division can get the best out of a current group of players and don't need to buy whole new teams, they may tweak things like a buy a player or two but there doesn't need to be whole sale player changes the squad we have now imo is good enough for promotion I just don't feel the management are getting the best out of them.

"i stick to my guns and say move forward Leicester City not sideways like you did when you appointed NP..."

If you want the club to move forward and you think Pearson's appointment was a sideways move and you don't think Pearson will take us forward then you obviously want a change in management? If you don't mean that then who knows what you're bleating on about? You hate Pearson, you don't think we'll get anywhere with him but you want him to stay in charge? ****ing muppet.

you really think calling me a ******* muppet bothers me coming from what can only be described from an ill educated "keyboard warrior"

the appointment of NP was a sideways step for the club

had they appointed an up and coming manager who has the desire to move forward i for 1 would still go to the games knowing in my heart that the manager wants success not a compensation payment when he gets sacked (which seems inevitable as our history shows in recent years)

in answer to your statement "You hate Pearson, you don't think we'll get anywhere with him but you want him to stay in charge? "

No i have my own opinion on that and i dont share it on the forum cos of the ill educated people that do nothing but troll on here looking for arguements (sound familiar ?)

i have been a City fan since my first game in 69 and have seen many managers come and go and a few stick out in my memory

mclintock basset and pleat are the 1s i didnt like then came the maderic era and it went tits up with too many crap managers to mention

NP had his time at Leicester and left to go Hull

when the new owners got him back i said from the start i would not support him as in my own mind he has returned for a compo deal not for success and so far

the stats are proving true

so grow up mate and stop name calling

everyone has an opinion and yours aint always gonna be right

you really think calling me a ******* muppet bothers me coming from what can only be described from an ill educated "keyboard warrior"

the appointment of NP was a sideways step for the club

had they appointed an up and coming manager who has the desire to move forward i for 1 would still go to the games knowing in my heart that the manager wants success not a compensation payment when he gets sacked (which seems inevitable as our history shows in recent years)

Like Sven??

I think Pearson is an up and coming manager that wants to move forward.

He builds a team that can grow rather than just chucking a group of players together at the end of their career.

Frequent changes of manager haven't done Chelsea any harm..

Well actually they did..... How many changes of managers have they had recently?? Scolari and Villas Boas did ever so well didnt they!!

Yes Di Matteo has done pretty well but the swapping and changing of managers every time we have a bad run is one of the main reasons why we are still stuck in the Championship

Archived