Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glenny_fox

Doom & Gloom

Like Sven??

I think Pearson is an up and coming manager that wants to move forward.

He builds a team that can grow rather than just chucking a group of players together at the end of their career.

no mate Sven was in my opinion "a horse for a cause" with the contacts he had the owners wanted to put LCFC on the map

they sacked sven then looked for a new manager

had they picked ole gunnar or mark hughes then thats reasonable as they both had the desire i liked

maybe NP will prove me wrong ? current form is proving me right though to be honest but time will tell

i respect everyones opinion and a forum is for discussion not personal attacks like some people

think. i for one love my City but cant bring myself to pay £60 every other week for the game and memorabilia

just to fund in NP compo deal i will wait till he is gone and support the next manager in their quest for success.

Well actually they did..... How many changes of managers have they had recently?? Scolari and Villas Boas did ever so well didnt they!!

Yes Di Matteo has done pretty well but the swapping and changing of managers every time we have a bad run is one of the main reasons why we are still stuck in the Championship

I always think this is a shite example..

Chelsea hire AVB on a huge contract then pay him off after what? 6/7 months as he had clearly lost the dressing room.

They then appoint DiMatteo who leads them to gaining the biggest trophy in the clubs history.

I wonder if they would have won the Champs league with AVB still in charge? Maybe, but it shows how swapping a manager so soon CAN work, in the example of Chelsea to wonderful effect!

:thumbup:

I am a fan of Pearson and think he has brought in some good players and is doing a good job and needs far more time however we have just lost 4 out of of our last 5 games and so it's not suprising some people want change

I always think this is a shite example..

Chelsea hire AVB on a huge contract then pay him off after what? 6/7 months as he had clearly lost the dressing room.

They then appoint DiMatteo who leads them to gaining the biggest trophy in the clubs history.

I wonder if they would have won the Champs league with AVB still in charge? Maybe, but it shows how swapping a manager so soon CAN work, in the example of Chelsea to wonderful effect!

:thumbup:

Comparing us to Chelsea is not ideal anyway.

Its not worked for us to be fair, our last succesful campaigns were when we had a manager in charge for more than a few months which happened to be NP. Since he left the 1st time, we've gone backwards. Im not saying he was the perfect choice but we was in a better position when he left than what we are now

Frequent changes of manager haven't done Chelsea any harm..

Neither has spending hundreds of millions in the transfer market as well as outspending the whole country in wages over the past decade.

But arguably they have been damaged by swapping managers

Who knows where they'd be if Mourinho wasn't sacked who went on to win league & Champions League with Inter & domestic double in spain, whilst Chelsea's league dominance has slipped to the two Manchester clubs... So I wouldn't say frequent manager changes haven't harmed Chelsea, when they probably have

you really think calling me a ******* muppet bothers me coming from what can only be described from an ill educated "keyboard warrior"

the appointment of NP was a sideways step for the club

had they appointed an up and coming manager who has the desire to move forward i for 1 would still go to the games knowing in my heart that the manager wants success not a compensation payment when he gets sacked (which seems inevitable as our history shows in recent years)

in answer to your statement "You hate Pearson, you don't think we'll get anywhere with him but you want him to stay in charge? "

No i have my own opinion on that and i dont share it on the forum cos of the ill educated people that do nothing but troll on here looking for arguements (sound familiar ?)

i have been a City fan since my first game in 69 and have seen many managers come and go and a few stick out in my memory

mclintock basset and pleat are the 1s i didnt like then came the maderic era and it went tits up with too many crap managers to mention

NP had his time at Leicester and left to go Hull

when the new owners got him back i said from the start i would not support him as in my own mind he has returned for a compo deal not for success and so far

the stats are proving true

so grow up mate and stop name calling

everyone has an opinion and yours aint always gonna be right

Seems like I've touched a nerve. I don't understand why you won't just answer the question? You don't support Pearson, you 'hate' him, you don't think he's the man to take the club forward, you think he's just here for a compensation payment, but you claim you don't want a change in management? Please, enlighten this ill-educated keyboard warrior, just what was your original point? Because it's making no sense to me at the minute.

Why do we have to hate him? If we were a League One side, I would quite like him. If he keeps up struggling at home and getting beat away, we might just be one next year.

Our spangly new defense has shipped 10 goals already and our strikers can't score.

In the end last season we all had to be quiet because of all the shite Sven had bought and what was a poor Nige to do with all these overpaid pricks (probably the same conversation AVB had with Roman, only on a smaller scale)

He got everything he wanted and now its time to deliver, that's all. After losing his second league game last year Sven went on a run of one league defeat in 9 - there's the target. Anyone still think he can do it?

Why do we have to hate him? If we were a League One side, I would quite like him. If he keeps up struggling at home and getting beat away, we might just be one next year.

Our spangly new defense has shipped 10 goals already and our strikers can't score.

In the end last season we all had to be quiet because of all the shite Sven had bought and what was a poor Nige to do with all these overpaid pricks (probably the same conversation AVB had with Roman, only on a smaller scale)

He got everything he wanted and now its time to deliver, that's all. After losing his second league game last year Sven went on a run of one league defeat in 9 - there's the target. Anyone still think he can do it?

Who knows, time will tell!

Get used to it, every other week for the rest of the season is going to be the same. There'll be threads calling for Pearson to be sacked, threads asking pointless hypotheticals about whether Pearson will be sacked if we don't win the next so many games, then threads telling everyone to stop overreacting, having knee-jerk reactions, being fickle fans (and all our other favourite phrases), not to mention seperate threads for every single player.

That is unless we work out how to fvcking win a match away from home.

Seems like I've touched a nerve. I don't understand why you won't just answer the question? You don't support Pearson, you 'hate' him, you don't think he's the man to take the club forward, you think he's just here for a compensation payment, but you claim you don't want a change in management? Please, enlighten this ill-educated keyboard warrior, just what was your original point? Because it's making no sense to me at the minute.

>>in answer to your statement "You hate Pearson, you don't think we'll get anywhere with him but you want him to stay in charge? "

No i have my own opinion on that and i dont share it on the forum cos of the ill educated people that do nothing but troll on here looking for arguements (sound familiar ?)

again you failed to read it right <sigh> ok my next suggestion is go next door and ask them to read along with you as your mum or dad cant seem to grasp it either ..

and my original point is that pearson is not the man to take city forward (get an adult to explain what that means) in my (yes my) personal opinion,

judging by the games he has had and the points he has produced (they are called statistics (stats for short) )

i know this is a lot of reading for you and you must be getting sleepy by now i will leave you to it so sleep tight mate

you will soon be on to the "big books"

In terms of consistency in the league it's done them considerable harm over the last 4-5 years.

Under a stable manager they won 2 titles out of 3.

One cup win doesn't hide their dreadful league form since.

They also have an almost bottomless pit of money. Firstly to pay off staff who they sack and pay for the next set, and can spend big money on overhauling the squad to suit the new regime. It won't hurt their finances too much.

We can't afford to do that.

Our league form continues to be dreadful.

You can't keep blaming the players for switching off.

I like some of the players NFP has vrought in but he doesn't seem to be able to get a team performance out of them for 90 minutes let alone a winning run.

I'd give him 4 more games and unless things have improved dramatically points wise I'd start looking elsewhere, not being able to win 2 on the trot will start to add pressure to the players game and Pearsons tactics.

Very good post right to the points, agree with everything you say.

Just because we didn't play well in one game, the players suddenly become shit, no no no and no, people were making so many ridiculous posts yesterday I didn't know whether to laugh at them or not.

We have played well so far this season, at home we have only played two games but two clean sheets and the team looks like it could be a force at home, away not so some teams will be physical like Wolves were yesterday; however we played well at Charlton and we played well at Blackburn, and second half yesterday we were the better team against Wolves, yes we haven't won, but positives are no teams have really dominated us away from home yet, the midfield has actually done well against teams like Blackburn, and we have scored goals away from home.

Players suddenly don't become shit just because the Wolves defeat was a pretty poor one, I wouldn't make drastic changes after yesterday because from the two games at home, I know the likes of De Laet, Moore, Drinkwater and Vardy are more than capable of putting in a very good performance.

De Laet im not so sure, but he has done pretty well in some games, Moore I would happily start at home, I think he is a fantastic prospect and in home games he has been one of our best players, Drinkwater looks a changed player from last season, controlled Peterborough, was one of the better players at Charlton going by ratings, did well with King at Blackburn, and was pretty good against Blackpool. While Vardy yes his first touch needs work, but he gets his body about has bags of energy, and is capable of creating and scoring chances.

Im really confident with our upcoming games, I knew our first three away games were going to be tough, especially Blackburn and Wolves because they just got relegated and they are two of the favourites for promotion, but the main thing is neither of those teams turned us over in terms of domination, we should of got two points out of those two games, but we just need to take our chances.

We look very good at home so far, and Burnley and Hull are winnable, while Middlesbrough and Huddersfield away im pretty confident we could get a win and a draw from those two games, we have done pretty well at the Riverside in the past, and Huddersfield don't have Rhodes anymore and Forest got a point off them, and they only beat Derby 1-0.

Im still confident, and happy with our performances so far despite three losses, and im happy with Pearson.

:pirate: ALL TOGETHER NOW,ME OL` DOOM & GLOOM HEARTIES :pirate:

What should we do with Leicester City,

Lost away again,and now that makes Three,

Owners of the club are very angry,

The Blues are in mourning,

OOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR

Bring back Paul Gallagher,

Delusions of Grandeur,

Pearson says he`ll never,

Cheer up `less he`s dancing :dance:

:tumbleweed:

That was actually made up by my evil schizophrenic side,personally i think we`re` gonna walk the league......................

:eek: OR DO I ?? :eek:

trouble is NP has had 34 league games in charge so far since his return amassing 47 points from 34 games

this is hardly we are gonna batter this league material is it ?

yes im a pearson hater and the reason is detailed above

yes leicester are playing good football but they still losing and thats all that counts

not the fact "well we had 65% possesion" and crap like that i would rather have 35% and win not 65% and lose

i stick to my guns and say move forward Leicester City not sideways like you did when you appointed NP...

Not read the whole thread, really, really, can't be arsed, would probably be more fun poking myself in the eye, but out of morbid curiosity I read the first few posts, and I think in this one lies the problem.

Why on earth do you think we are going to batter the league, when was this ever a likely occurrence, even with Sven's superstars, we struggled, we are not going to batter this league, and the sooner we stop expecting to the better we will be, we are a decent side, with a decent squad of mainly young inexperienced, but promising players, it make take a couple of seasons to iron out the kinks, and gain the positional sense and teamwork needed.

If we perform like we have done in the last few games all season we will be thereabouts at the end, if we miss out because of lapses of concentration, and superb strikes then that's life we weren't good enough, if we start turning in the lacklustre insipid performances that lead to us losing to an awful Bristol City and Reading side at home, as well as many other poor performances last season, then I will be worried.

Lets get rid of this notion that we will win this league at a canter, we won't, as long as we progress and are in the mix at the end we will be all the stronger for it next season.

Derby have stuck with Clough for 3 or 4 seasons now and are just as poor and mediocre as they were when he arrived Management stability hasnt helped them one bit. If the manager isnt good enough to get the team promoted it doesnt matter how long you give him. NFP is better than Clough no doubt but I truly believe that the best we can ever hope to achieve with him regardless of how long he stays, is being amongst the 8 or 9 clubs who are scrapping for the last couple of play off places come the end of the season. Is that what we are prepared to settle for?

Derby have stuck with Clough for 3 or 4 seasons now and are just as poor and mediocre as they were when he arrived Management stability hasnt helped them one bit. If the manager isnt good enough to get the team promoted it doesnt matter how long you give him. NFP is better than Clough no doubt but I truly believe that the best we can ever hope to achieve with him regardless of how long he stays, is being amongst the 8 or 9 clubs who are scrapping for the last couple of play off places come the end of the season. Is that what we are prepared to settle for?

Ok, let's start sacking every manager after 14 months in charge then, blow all our money, be in debt, let the Thai's leave, get relegated back to L1, play Cov every week and wonder where it all went wrong. **** sake, this place pisses me the **** off.

Ok, let's start sacking every manager after 14 months in charge then, blow all our money, be in debt, let the Thai's leave, get relegated back to L1, play Cov every week and wonder where it all went wrong. **** sake, this place pisses me the **** off.

Calm down Joe 90 its just my opinion. Im just pointing out that stability does not neccessarily guarantee success anymore than semi regularly changing the manager does. Maybe I'm wrong but the fact remains that we have made no progress under NP in almost an entire year. If NP stays for a couple of seasons and cant get us promoted which is eminently possible based on the maddening inconsistency since hes returned, then the Thais are gonna pull out anyway and we'l probably be stuck in this hellish existence of lower league mediocrity for ever more.

Archived