Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glenny_fox

Doom & Gloom

This Forum must be the most fickle fans forum around!

Why is it after every win we are going to 'batter' the league, then after every loss we're either going down or needing to get rid of Pearson.

Yes there are a few problems within the team that need ironing out, but in my opinion this is most talented squad we have had for around a decade.

Every match that we have played, we have been by far the better team, we are just lacking that cutting edge which i believe will come in time.

The last thing we want to be doing is chopping and changing the manager and squad again.

Just give it some time!! UTF

You must wearing very blue tinted glasses." Give it time" I am fed up wirh years and years of hearing. Until we get a decent manager that is what it will always be. Having said that, stick to your beliefs.

I did a post saying "how much longer will the owners stick with Pearson?

Having said we will beat Blackpool then lose to Wolves ,all beit we did play better in the second half but still could not put the ball in the back of the net after chance after chance ,with our best striker sitting on the bench and not even coming on instead brings on Waghorn who was ok when we had him on loan was ok but he has not realy got better infact gone backwards.

I know it as been only 5 games with 2 home wins ,and away i admit we have played well but got no result to show for it ,how much longer will we all have to wait for a winning run of over ten games and please dont say that dont happen , just look at Reading last season do we all realy think we are going on a run like that ?the gap is now getting bigger and if we carry on at this rate win one draw one lose one we wont reach the play offs I will stick with my thoughts and i do believe the owners will get itchy feet if this carries on till xmas, if Leicester want promotion or even play offs we have to be in the top five at Xmas and being honest i dont think this will happen.

Not read the whole thread, really, really, can't be arsed, would probably be more fun poking myself in the eye, but out of morbid curiosity I read the first few posts, and I think in this one lies the problem.

Why on earth do you think we are going to batter the league, when was this ever a likely occurrence, even with Sven's superstars, we struggled, we are not going to batter this league, and the sooner we stop expecting to the better we will be, we are a decent side, with a decent squad of mainly young inexperienced, but promising players, it make take a couple of seasons to iron out the kinks, and gain the positional sense and teamwork needed.

If we perform like we have done in the last few games all season we will be thereabouts at the end, if we miss out because of lapses of concentration, and superb strikes then that's life we weren't good enough, if we start turning in the lacklustre insipid performances that lead to us losing to an awful Bristol City and Reading side at home, as well as many other poor performances last season, then I will be worried.

Lets get rid of this notion that we will win this league at a canter, we won't, as long as we progress and are in the mix at the end we will be all the stronger for it next season.

Don't think there is one person who thinks we will win this league at a canter , in fact you can count on one hand the amount of people who have any notion of us getting promoted at all. So not really any notion to get rid of is there. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Don't think there is one person who thinks we will win this league at a canter , in fact you can count on one hand the amount of people who have any notion of us getting promoted at all. So not really any notion to get rid of is there. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

So why is everyone getting so worked up over a couple of away defeats to 2 of the favourites for this league?

So why is everyone getting so worked up over a couple of away defeats to 2 of the favourites for this league?

Not a couple three in fact ( all our away games to date ) and according to the bookies we are supposed to be the favourites for this league never mind the other two. We beat Peterborough at home , no surprise was it ? opening day home fixture to every ones whipping boy then beat Blackpool by a dodgy penalty , embarrassed by Burton Albion at home and you wonder why every ones getting worked up ?

Not a couple three in fact ( all our away games to date ) and according to the bookies we are supposed to be the favourites for this league never mind the other two. We beat Peterborough at home , no surprise was it ? opening day home fixture to every ones whipping boy then beat Blackpool by a dodgy penalty , embarrassed by Burton Albion at home and you wonder why every ones getting worked up ?

We don't have a divine right to win every game and win this league just because the bookies say we're favourites. Its this ridiculous sense of entitlement, that we deserve to win this league without putting in the hard work, that's pissing me off about the club and the fans. We've got as much right to win the league as every other team in this league and at the end of the day there are three promotion places and 24 teams competing for them - the odds are against us.

We will get out of this league with a combination of hard work, quality and luck - we work hard enough, we've got the quality in our side, we haven't had any of the luck in our away games so far (a poor performance at Wolves aside). But the people who think we should be winning every game and romping our way to the title are absolutely deluded.

We don't have a divine right to win every game and win this league just because the bookies say we're favourites. Its this ridiculous sense of entitlement, that we deserve to win this league without putting in the hard work, that's pissing me off about the club and the fans. We've got as much right to win the league as every other team in this league and at the end of the day there are three promotion places and 24 teams competing for them - the odds are against us.

We will get out of this league with a combination of hard work, quality and luck - we work hard enough, we've got the quality in our side, we haven't had any of the luck in our away games so far (a poor performance at Wolves aside). But the people who think we should be winning every game and romping our way to the title are absolutely deluded.

I agree with you on work effort Rich. Not on luck though (you make your own) and not on quality (we don't have enough IMO).

The latter will be the reason we don't get promotion this season I think. Compare our squad to say Blackburn and I think we are miles off.

Effort without quality equals mid table.

To be fair Rich I was replying to the captains post which suggested we had only lost a couple and to the bookies favourites which I pointed out was wrong on both counts. I know we are not going to win every game and I agree with what you said but you have to admit it is a very piss poor start to the season and we are having to play catch up already. I'm not a doom and gloom merchant but as Col said we just don't have enough experience or quality in the side and with Pearson saying he does not think we need any lone players I think it's going to be another wasted year in this league.

Archived