Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Burnley home - Pre match

Futacs would be too tempting for the long ball for me, would rather see him in a desparation, throw it into the box scenario for the last 20/30 minutes.

I've never quite understood that argument. I get the anti long-ball stuff, but if it is used by a club in the last 20 as the most effective way to try and get a goal, why didn't they use it for 90 minutes rather than just the last 20 when it may well be too late ? Is it the case that if that's the best we have, then that's the best we have ??

Futacs would be too tempting for the long ball for me, would rather see him in a desparation, throw it into the box scenario for the last 20/30 minutes.

What was the point in signing him then, should've just sticked with Stevey H. I think we should give Futacs ago, if long ball gets us promotion, then so be it. Anyway, he might surprise us and be good on the ground.

I've never quite understood that argument. I get the anti long-ball stuff, but if it is used by a club in the last 20 as the most effective way to try and get a goal, why didn't they use it for 90 minutes rather than just the last 20 when it may well be too late ? Is it the case that if that's the best we have, then that's the best we have ??

I see your point, and we might still play it to feet, but I fear the temptation, given his size, to knock it long. We are trying a different style and it's commendable.

You start with a plan and if that doesn't work you change it. He would be a Plan B option for me.

Because if you are desperate for a goal it probably means you are losing, and the opposition will be sitting back and protecting their lead. If it is 0-0 and you keep on hitting aimless long balls forward you have a greater risk of losing possession and inviting them on to attack your goal. If they are just sitting back you are more likely to get the ball back quicker. Of course by throwing everyone forward and giving the ball away cheaply you risk a counter attack but if you are already one down conceding a second doesn't make that much difference.

you could argue that about any subs that are made to get us back into a game.

Harsh on Moore to be dropped .. Sure Nige knows what he's doing ..

Leicester City â€@OfficialFOXES

City team for tonight: Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan, Marshall, Vardy, St Ledger, James, Knockaert, Nugent.

Leicester City â€@OfficialFOXES

Subs: Whitbread, Danns, Dyer, Logan, Waghorn, Beckford, Futacs

Archived