Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Burnley home - Pre match

Lets look forward chaps now and stop sulking about Wolves. We need to pull together, support NP and the players and maybe we could win.....

Team for me would be:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Whitbread

Konchesky

Marshall

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

Beckford

Futacs

Subs - Logan, Moore, Danns, Dyer, Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn

Presuming King is out and Whitbread isn't fit enough yet:

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - St Ledger - Konchesky

Marshall - Danns - Drinkwater - Knockaert

Waghorn - Beckford

OR

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - St Ledger - Konchesky

Danns - Drinkwater

Knockaert -----------James------------Marshall

Beckford

Wow Stanislas, Paterson and Austin are going to run our defence ragged. Stanislas Vs Konchesky, don't bear think about it. A night game at home aswell, we usually lose them. Burnley 100/30. £30 returns £130. On it

I never understand this - why are they 100/30 and not 10/3??

Must win otherwise Pearson's days are numbered. Konchesky had a mare at Wolves despite his goal, 1st half he was defensively shocking. Not sure we even have a replacement unless we play Schulpp there from the start which is a risk.

I'd start Beckford up front with Vardy and Knockaert in midfield.

I would play...

Schmeichel

De Laet, Moore, Morgan, Konchesky

Marshall, Drinkwater, James(King), Knockaert

Vardy, Beckford

Subs - Logan, St Ledger, Wellens/James, Dyer, Schlupp, Futacs, Nugent

I would still start De Laet, he has looked good in some games this season, steady player. I wouldn't drop Moore, I have every confidence in him when at home, he has been part of the team to keep two home clean sheets, and him and Morgan look good at home. Konchesky seems to be doing a Wellens, but he will start but I believe we could do with a new left-back, James in for King if not fit, Knockaert needs to start, while Beckford in for Nugent give him another chance, Beckford to be fair did well in night games last season, he deserves another chance. While Wellens could be back on the bench, while I would put Schlupp back on the bench for Waghorn, incase Konchesky has troubles.

2-0 win, if Beckford and Vardy link well, Knockaert starts and Morgan and Moore perform like they have done at home.

1-1 draw, if Knockaert doesn't start, midfield doesn't control, and Konchesky and Moore struggle against Austin and Stanislas.

Wow Stanislas, Paterson and Austin are going to run our defence ragged. Stanislas Vs Konchesky, don't bear think about it. A night game at home aswell, we usually lose them. Burnley 100/30. £30 returns £130. On it

People said that about Ince and co when we played free-scoring Blackpool, and we came away with 3 points and a clean sheet. We lose very few games under Pearson at home, so £30 would probably be a horrific waste of money. As for Konchesky, although he was at fault for the first goal yesterday, their winger Peszko did nothing all game as Konchesky kept him quiet.

I think we'll win 2-0.

Archived