Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Burnley home - Pre match

Fookin Hell Marty calm down...!!

lol

Konch out!

:whistle:

I have levelled very little criticism at Konchesky other than saying his form has dipped this season (not just the Wolves match) and yet you had to jump on my post. If you check my posts you will very rarely see me criticise any player so it annoys me that you picked that out as "aggro" towards a player.

Knocky to start hopefully. Like to see afutacs alongside Vardy as well.

3-1 to us.

We played some good stuff in Sunday and were again unlucky. We can't keep being unlucky though!!

Nothing to do with luck we lost because we lost didn't take our chances and were sloppy early doors.

I think it's reaching farcical proportions.

DD out!

Moore out!

Konch out!

Etc....

lol

Those sort of things usually come from the sort of poster who just has to start a new thread after every lost match rather than posting somewhere appropriate. I think you know the sort. :thumbup:

So you don't believe that luck plays a part? Ok. Waghorn was unlucky not to equalise. We were unlucky a number of times.

Against Blackburn Vardy was unlucky to have a goal disallowed etc. we continue to be unlucky.

However, as I said we cannot continue to be 'unlucky'. There comes a point where that is no longer acceptable. We are early enough into the season though for 'unlucky' to just about wash.

Those sort of things usually come from the sort of poster who just to start a new thread after every lost match rather than posting somewhere appropriate. I think you know the sort. :thumbup:

Stop being Mardy Marty and taking everything so personally.

I was making a generic point about the forum appearing to want to drop nie on half the first team. You mentioned Konch so I replied to your post.

Chill young man...

lol

I have seen 4 out of the 5 league games this season and i'm not convinced by the majority of the team. There's too many question marks for me over almost every area of the pitch. The defence have collectively been a disgrace against Charlton and Wolves. The strikers have been shit against Charlton, Blackpool and Wolves. The midfield was poor against Wolves and during the 1st half against Charlton they were over-ran. Now I don't expect all areas of our team to play well at all times otherwise we'd be perfect, but how they've performed so far this season as sections and as a unit is unacceptable.

I have always had a problem with Pearson in his two stints as manager here in regards to how his teams struggle to play for 90 minutes. Even in League One we'd be diabolical 1st half and then 2nd half we'd turn it on, or vice versa. It made me wonder what he'd said to them pre-match and at half time. This has carried on the 2nd time around under him too. Peterborough, Charlton and Wolves we didn't turn up in the 1st half. Why not? Why can't he get his players to play for 90 minutes?

Anyway, on to tomorrow night. Changes need to be made. He's kept a very settled side so far this season and it's not exactly reaped the rewards. Our defence has barely been touched except for one injury and that's been arguably our worst area. Moore has earnt some valuable experience this season and cannot have expected to have played as much as he has, but it's time for him to be taken out of the limelight as he was the pits against Wolves and we cannot afford a player to make those mistakes right now, not when others around him are doing so too.

De Laet looks supsect so far but his pace is an asset and he's impressed me when i've seen him for other clubs so I hope he sorts his form out soon. My preferred back 4 would be Konchesky, Morgan, Whitbread and either Del Laet/SSL or Moore at RB. I think SSL can play there, i've seen him do it for ROI and he looked good enough against Blackpool.

I've criticised Danns for his wastefulness last season but right now we need him if King is injured. James is a steady player, but there's no urgency with him and in a 4-4-2 we'll get done if him and Drinkwater play together. Dyer has got to be dropped simple as that. Knockaert has done enough in his sub appearances to warrant a start.

Strikers, oh dear i'm at a loss with them. Nugent is horribly out of form, he's not even making his presence felt like he did last season when the goals weren't going in, that concerns me. Vardy is still finding his feet and seems to be panicking a bit when on the ball, his decision making is yet to be up to scratch for this level but his work rate cannot be faulted. Beckford is out of sorts, both in form and in mindset. He cannot be happy here and an unhappy Beckford is a frustrating player to have. Waghorn has absolutely no form or confidence to draw on, he's ring rusty and I wouldn't mind if we had other strikers to help him find a bit of form. Futacs i'm yet to see in a Leicester shirt and only seen glimpses of him for Pompey, Nigel seems reluctant to play him currently so i'm genuinely stumped as to how we can rectify our sincere lack of goals up front.

Burnley are on the back of a thumping win and will come here and attack, which is rare for them but I can see that working in our favour if we can stay focused. I hope the fans get behind us as I sense the tide turning on Pearson. It won't take much for the boos to ring out if we put in another abysmal 1st half performance.

Team to play Burnley:

Schmeichel

De Laet

SSL

Morgan

Konchesky

Marshall

Drinkwater

Danns

Knockaert

Nugent

Beckford

Subs: Vardy, Whitbread, James, Futacs, Waghorn, Logan, Dyer

That probably means King is definitely out.

Can't see Danns starting though, unless we go 3 in the middle, but that is unlikely as 442 works for us at home.

James for King,

Knocky in for Dyer, Beckford in for Nuge or Vardy, shake things up might be the change we need to kick start our scoring spree.

Wouldn't change back 4 unless Whitbread is fit, especially as we will be forced into some other changes, Schlupp and Futacs on the bench.

We will win this one, I just hope it is a good un and we bag some goals.

Pretty much this. Though if Whitbred IS fit I'd definitely consider him.

Make no bones about it, if the pressure isn't on now it certainly will be if we don't win this one.

I'd drop Nugent myself, attitude's been all wrong and he's missed a few sitters.

"Aggro"? Was my post an aggressive condemnation of Konchesky or his ability?

Do you think we should play the same eleven every week regardless of form?

Is it wrong that I think Konchesky is out of form despite the fact I haven't called him a useless cvnt or want him sold or a replacement bought in?

Maybe a DM would turn him into Ashley Cole though eh?

The way he's been playing this season, put him up against someone slower than he is and he will be Ashley Cole. But with a better shot on him.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Moore Schlupp

Knockaert Drinwater James Marshall

Nugent Futacs

Subs: Logan, Konchesky, St Ledger, Danns, Dyer, Waghorn, Vardy

King will surely miss out even if he only felt his hamstring and I can't see him being risked for this one. Schlupp in for the out of form Konchesky and to give him a start at left back. Futacs in just for a change to the strike force and hopefully his height can be useful in both boxes but I wouldn't mind seeing either Waghorn or Beckford get started instead of Futacs or Nugent. Dyer to miss out for Knockaert, who deserves a start.

That was my original post which I don't think was particularly scathing and is as much about involving members of the squad who haven't had much game time as it is about dropping anyone. Schlupp, Knockaert and Futacs are all part of our squad and deserve game time as much as anyone unless the players in front of them are playing wonderfully.

Stop being Mardy Marty and taking everything so personally.

I was making a generic point about the forum appearing to want to drop nie on half the first team. You mentioned Konch so I replied to your post.

Chill young man...

lol

I completely agree about the forum on general though so fair enough.

Only one now, and he is shit and his a sub, so that's perfectly ok.

Oh I see. I noticed you have removed the others and you can replace Waggy with me (or even better a cvnt like Dennis Wise) if you like and that will really clean up your signature. You know it makes sense.

Team i would start:

Kasper

RDL

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

Marshall

Drinkwater

King?(is he injured) - James if so

Knockaert

Vardy

Waghorn

Subs: Nugent Futacs Danns Dyer Gallagher St Ledger Logan

Are you sure gallagher is allowed to be on the bench? Do think danny wilson will be happy!

Kasper

RDL. Morgan. Moore. Konch

Drinky

Marshall. Danns.

Knocky Schlupp

Beckford

I'd love to see Pearson give this a go. 4-1-2-2-1

It's got pace, it's got energy and I think it's got goals.

Play mainly through the middle with both Knocky and Schlupp cutting in.

Drinky STAYS PUT... And covers the defence whilst the attacking midfielders build up the play.

Stop Kasper with all this long kicking cobblers, the ball comes through Drinky quickly, who gives it immediately to the four forward of him to develop play. The emphasis is on the speed of the build up play. Given our current personnel that's the team I'd like to see.

It's also got the added bonus that Drinky gets nowhere near the opposition penalty area cos he can't shoot for shit!

Archived