Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Burnley home - Pre match

Although we didn't play as badly against Wolves as most think, I think we could definitely do with a change up front. Vardy and Nuge just isn't working for me.

Kasper

De Laet-------------SSL--------Morgan------------Koncheskey

Marshall----------Drinkwater------------Danns----------Knockaert

Futacs-------------Beckford

I really do think we need to play JB alongside a target man to get the best out of him.

I don't think 442 is working away from home and frustratingly we have the players to suit a number of different systems. Would like to see Marshall play ahead of James and drinkwater with a front 3 of knocky, beckford and Vardy/nuge, with de laet and schlupp as full backs with pace and licence to get forward knowing that we have an extra player in the centre of midfield.

By not taking any points away adds more pressure on us at the KP for a win, hope the fans don't turn if we don't start well tonight.

Few lads need to turn in a performance after some schoolboy stuff at Wolves. Knockaert looked a real threat when coming on so he's got to be in with a shout to start.

By not taking any points away adds more pressure on us at the KP for a win, hope the fans don't turn if we don't start well tonight.

Few lads need to turn in a performance after some schoolboy stuff at Wolves. Knockaert looked a real threat when coming on so he's got to be in with a shout to start.

This.

I'd be more worried if we were playing poorly but the points are what it's all about so it's time to man up and cut out these defensive errors. Oh and putting the ball in the back of the net might help too.

Hopefully we'll line up:

RB: De Laet

CB: Whitbread

CB: Morgan

LB: Konchesky (due to necessity - if we had any other half decent LB, I'd drop him)

RW: Marshall

CM: Drinkwater

CM: James

LW: Knockaert

FW: Beckford

FW: Futacs

I think Nugent needs dropping to the bench - we can't really afford to indulge him when he's so out of form, I don't think he could complain at that. Vardy could also do with sitting on the bench too, we've put so much pressure on him to lead the line from the first minute that I think it'd be good to relieve him of that pressure for a while.

I think JB deserves another shot in the starting lineup and I'd be interested to see how Futacs performs with someone like Beckford. He certainly played some of his best football at Leeds alongside Luciano Becchio, a target man.

However, I think Pearson will persist with Nugent and Vardy, which wouldn't be the end of the world really - but they've got to really improve in tonight's game.

Merc

Nigel Pearson confident his Leicester City side will preserve home record

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson admits there will be added pressure on his side tonight when they face Burnley at the King Power Stadium, but he insists confidence is still high within his camp.

City entertain a Clarets side that has been lifted by their 5-2 win against Peterborough on Saturday.

City, on the other hand, suffered their third consecutive away defeat on Sunday at Wolves.

City still boast a 100 per cent league record on home soil without conceding a goal, but Pearson admitted their away form places even more importance on ensuring the King Power Stadium becomes a fortress.

However, he said City were still in confident mood ahead of the game, and the visit of Hull on Sunday.

"The players are still in good spirits," said Pearson. "We have missed a couple of opportunities, there is no doubt about that, but we are still very positive in our mindset.

"I have watched the Peterborough game and it was a very open game. They certainly played with a high tempo so we will certainly have to ensure our performance is right.

"We have two homes games in a week and we will be looking to maintain our home form.

"It is never easy when you lose away from home because it puts that added pressure on your home form.

"We have to get back to playing near our best again."

Although City paid the price for two poorly-defended set-pieces at Wolves, Pearson said there was no fundamental problem in his side's defending.

He has also backed his side to hit the goal trail soon, after creating but failing to take a number of good chances in recent games.

"I am not sure they (defensive errors) have been happening on a regular basis," he said. "That is not the case.

"Sunday's mistakes were ones I would expect us to avoid, but they have not been happening on a regular basis.

"In a couple of games in particular we have not helped ourselves, such as the Charlton and the Wolves games. Apart from that, it has not been the case in the league. But we will work on that.

"I am confident that we will start taking our chances. The frustrating thing is we haven't taken them, but we continue to cause teams a lot of problems and create a lot of chances.

"But, of course, it is about winning, and not about playing nice football and losing. We have to get back to being more efficient."

Midfielder Andy King has been ruled out with a hamstring injury, so Matty James is expected to replace him, while Anthony Knockaert and Sean St Ledger are vying for starts.

Merc

Burnley expecting toughest of tests against Leicester City

Burnley boss Eddie Howe is convinced Leicester City will soon fire up their promotion challenge.

Howe brings his Clarets side to the King Power Stadium tonight looking for their first away win of the season, but they have been buoyed by their impressive demolition of Peterborough on Saturday.

However, he believes his side will experience one of the sternest tests they will face all season against Nigel Pearson's men4.gif.

"I think this will be one of our toughest away games this season, so it's a good test for us," said Howe.

"Leicester have spent some money, they've got a really good group of players and they're rightly one of the favourites to go up.

"But they're on the same points as us – both teams really want the points.

"They're an open and attacking side, having watched them against Wolves.

"I think we've shown in our away games, even though we were defeated in them, we're more than capable of getting a result.

"I think the onus will be on the home side to take the game to us, but I think we've got to do the basics right. If we do that with our attacking players, I'm sure we'll score goals."

Burnley have injury concerns over talisman striker Martin Paterson.

Paterson has struggled with recurring hamstring injuries of late and suffered a grade one tear after the recent win against Bolton, forcing him to withdraw from international duty with Northern Ireland.

He made his comeback as a substitute against Brighton and Howe will be keen to make sure he starts tonight as Burnley are unbeaten in the last 14 league games that Paterson has started.

But Burnley have in-form striker Charlie Austin to call upon.

Austin has scored six goals this season in all competitions, and bagged a hat-trick against Posh in the 5-2 victory.

Also I swear every manager that plays us gives the 'they've spent more money then us' card, 'they will be up there' statement. Seems to work as well!

Preparing themselves for any defeat.

Got a feeling this will be a draw, with us being the better side but failing to kill the game off again. Hope I'm wrong, of course.

It's not a 'must-win' game for the club or NP but for the latter it must feel like it.

I too would like to see the manager try something different - or at least, if we are going to continue with the route one tactics we used in the first half against Wolves, use our only proper front-man (Futacs), at least in part. Midfield have to step up tonight, they were non-existant on Sunday.

Even if we win these two home games our best possible position in the table would be 6th.

If we don't win tonight Pearsons days as leicester boss are almost over.

Ahh yeah how could I forget the season finished on Sunday!

Hopefully we'll line up:

RB: De Laet

CB: Whitbread

CB: Morgan

LB: Konchesky (due to necessity - if we had any other half decent LB, I'd drop him)

RW: Marshall

CM: Drinkwater

CM: James

LW: Knockaert

FW: Beckford

FW: Futacs

I think Nugent needs dropping to the bench - we can't really afford to indulge him when he's so out of form, I don't think he could complain at that. Vardy could also do with sitting on the bench too, we've put so much pressure on him to lead the line from the first minute that I think it'd be good to relieve him of that pressure for a while.

I think JB deserves another shot in the starting lineup and I'd be interested to see how Futacs performs with someone like Beckford. He certainly played some of his best football at Leeds alongside Luciano Becchio, a target man.

However, I think Pearson will persist with Nugent and Vardy, which wouldn't be the end of the world really - but they've got to really improve in tonight's game.

We will struggle without a Goalkeeper :ph34r:

Archived