Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Come On The Fans!

Right then, bit of a ramble/Delia Smith moment here but I do mean it without jest.

I'm not finding something to complain about, I'm trying to be proactive rather than reactive in the future.

To me against Bristol the atmosphere seemed flat. I've seen some of their comments praising us, but I thought for the most part we were naff. Whether that was down to the anticipation of us potentially going top albeit for two hours or because it 'was only Bristol' and all we had to do was turn up I don't know.

What I do know is that there will be times throughout the season where we will need to carry the players through a game to get a favourable result- whether that be a win or draw. I worry if we can't raise much of an atmosphere whilst heading to the top, what will we be like when inevitably at some point, however briefly, we slip down the table?

We and the players need to treat EVERY single game as a cup final from now on. Yes there's a massive way to go, but if we win 25 of the remaining games we'll be there.

Even if it means swinging your scarf around your head to that gay song then do so.

Saturday was almost as if we'd forgot how to celebrate. There was jobbers usual contingent making some noise, the 3 lads half way down (who got the Knockaert song started) and two or three lads toward the front of L who were trying to get the usual songs going, to not much avail.

The players have got us in a position now where we have plenty to shout about, but it all seemed a bit withdrawn. The poor away following isn't an excuse either. If we're about to go top of the league for however long the ground should be rocking. It wasn't, and I personally found it a bit embarrassing.

It's not as if we're not capable of making a massive noise, so come on lets make Filbert Way a fortress on and off the pitch, to keep us on the straight and narrow!

I am aware this post seems a bit wet, but I'd rather say it and be laughed at than not and see us fall short

Come on city!

It's just further evidence of something I've said for a long time - the club almost trying to eradicate the main noise-makers (without sounding elitist) at the club and focusing 100% on families.

I think our fans will pick up eventually, we definitely had our moments against Bristol but I agree there were a lot of moments when the atmosphere was flat.

There's no excuse for us having a below par end at Birmingham, absolutely no excuse at all.

This Title sounds very Rude!!

Kinky hey!

I thought this was going to be another Saville joke.

Thought the owners had dream't up a new Thai money making scam!

Lets come all over our fans,

:D

Come on the fans?

Well it worked for Jimmy Savile.

lol FFS, this is what happens when blokes go a week without football. Every thread descends into this.

Anyway, I know what you mean but I just think this is typical of us. Sometimes even when the team is doing great our atmosphere is flat, then there are other times when we're playing absolute crap and the atmosphere is great. We're just weird like that.

I think we're more likely to make a good atmosphere when the ref's having a mare from my experience.

If we're this good for most of the season I expect our attendances and atmosphere's will improve.

Back on topic.... I sat right on the half way line last Saturday in the east stand. Full of grey haired folk. Fair play to them but this is the reason why the singing/Poznan doesn't take off further along. The club needs to set up an oap block somewhere. Put blankets on the seats/bovril vouchers

Back on topic.... I sat right on the half way line last Saturday in the east stand. Full of grey haired folk. Fair play to them but this is the reason why the singing/Poznan doesn't take off further along. The club needs to set up an oap block somewhere. Put blankets on the seats/bovril vouchers

Thats not what I'm getting at. There have been some very good atmosphere's at home the last few seasons, with the same fans in L and K.

The same ones didn't seem interested on Saturday. Myself including though I was hanging from the night before

I think were being a tad harsh on ourselves, I think we have a good atmosphere home and away and aloy better that most clubs in the football league, I agree bristol wasn't the best but still much better than other clubs for example birmingham awful atmosphere went there last year and they sang once..

I think were being a tad harsh on ourselves, I think we have a good atmosphere home and away and aloy better that most clubs in the football league, I agree bristol wasn't the best but still much better than other clubs for example birmingham awful atmosphere went there last year and they sang once..

Were they about to go top of the league?

What happened to the ticker-tape and balloons etc. Are we likely to get chucked out down at the Wharf for elf'n'safety reasons ??

If I'm forking out for a ticket the club should be throwing balloons and ticker tape for me :P

I took balloons to Chelsea, If I go to another big game I'll bring some more. Just blow them up inside the ground and I doubt you'd be in trouble.

Archived