Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Schmeichel help please

The thing is, I'm not saying anyone who has argued to the contrary is wrong, only that I feel differently to them. I'm not suggesting that I'm right, and in the laws of the game are written specified subsections about complete and incomplete penalty saves, because I know enough 'about football' to know there isn't. I also have no idea why so many of you are getting so worked up about it...

You dug a hole for yourself with this one, especially as you credited him with the save on your twitter lol

You dug a hole for yourself with this one, especially as you credited him with the save on your twitter lol

The penalty in question was v Norwich, not last night's. Last night, he made the initial save and because the rebound wasn't scored, the save stands.

The penalty in question was v Norwich, not last night's. Last night, he made the initial save and because the rebound wasn't scored, the save stands.

Which particular penalty it was is irrelevant, your whole not a complete save argument is just wrong. Your twitter does say you're a comedian so i'll assume you're on a wind up

As does the one against sodding Norwich, because... he saved the initial shot.

Just look how it's official scored... When a player scores it says player (Pen)... if the player has taken a pen and missed but scored the follow up it just states the players name without the (Pen)

Yes, and think of a penalty shoot out, if the keeper parries the ball back out, no rebounds are allowed, because they are not considered to be part of the initial penalty.

So to the letter of the law it's classed as a save if the rebound is scored. However I do see what Ealing is saying, a keeper probably wouldn't consider it a real save until the danger is completely over with, and the ball is either in his hands or knocked out of play. In that sense both points of view are correct, at least IMO anyway. :thumbup:

Just look how it's official scored... When a player scores it says player (Pen)... if the player has taken a pen and missed but scored the follow up it just states the players name without the (Pen)

Also going by dream team, Kasper would be rewarded with penalty save points even if the rebound is scored. A keeper would probably think of it differently, due to if they have managed to get anything on the ball, they would be annoyied to not get the ball away safe but it is still a save.

Also on skysports score centre if a player misses a penalty but the taker scores the rebound it will say

Rooney missed penalty (58)

Rooney goal scored (58)

What's the difference though? The opposition has still scored as a result of the penalty, so the penalty save wasn't completed was it?

IMO if the original shot is saved they haven't scored from a penalty,if the ball lands at the oppositions feet they keep possession for 10 mins then score does that count, obviously not and I'm not being sarcastic but where do u draw the line to say the penny was saved or not, surely the only way is if he saves the original shot?

He'll never be as good as Paul Cooper. Best penalty saver i've ever seen

Paul Cooper was a quality penalty saver , but I remember the simod cup game (Stoke I think) when he saved one in normal time but then all 5 went by him in the penalty shoot out

Archived