Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Adam Smith to Nuneaton Town on loan

http://nuneatontownfc.com/news/2012/foxes-keeper-joins-on-loan/

Boro's close links with Leicester City have paid dividends with the loan signing of promising young keeper Adam Smith.

The two clubs have been building a close relationship since the summer and the arrival of the 20-year-old shot stopper has strengthened these ties further.

Smith has spent previous loan spells away from the Championship club at Chesterfield and Lincoln.

Boro director Kevin Harris James said: "Once again, this is an exciting addition to the squad and I would like to thank in particular Mike Stowell for his support in this regard.

"Mike has been coaching Adam for some time and has watched this lad mature as a keeper. He invited Kevin Wilkin to watch him in a game recently and Kev phoned me immediately after the game and told me how impressed he was the lad.

"A few phone calls later, followed by Richard Dean being ever efficient and diligent with the necessary paperwork, and I am pleased to report the loan deal has been signed off - an example of the great teamwork we have behind the scenes as well as on the field.

"In the last week we have brought in McNamee, Waite and now Smith, which is good business and a real boost for the squad."

Smith's loan is initially for one month and will restore the options of two keepers fighting for a starting berth, with Neil Collett out and requiring an operation to torn cartilage and added complication of a cyst on his knee.

• 4 weeks later...

Smith stays with Boro

by MATT DAVIES

NUNEATON Town have extended goalkeeper Adam Smith's loan from Leicester City until January 3.

Manager Kevin Wilkin said: "Adam has done very well in the games he has played in.

"He's looked very assured. We are without Neil Collett until the New Year at the earliest so it is good to have competition."

For more see tomorrow's Nuneaton News

Archived