Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingPowerLCFC1884

Why are referees different to us?

right basically i went to todays game like i normally do and to be fair i think that the referees this season have been decent, however today i thought the ref and linesmen were terrible. how did they not see the handball but 20,000 fans did? also i have been told that the ref gave his card to the palace photographer and asked him to get some snaps for him. is he a palace fan?

They aren't. They are the same to everyone, they try their best and do the job to the best of their ability. It is just sometimes their ability is poor!

surely they should be sacked then? if managers do poor, they will be sacked. if we dont do our job, we will be sacked. if referees dont ref probably.... they get sacked oh wait nothing happens

surely they should be sacked then? if managers do poor, they will be sacked. if we dont do our job, we will be sacked. if referees dont ref probably.... they get sacked oh wait nothing happens

If there's no one better to do the job then what choice do they have? Maybe if referees got less abuse more would be willing to give it a shot and we'd get a better standard of ref at this level.

If there's no one better to do the job then what choice do they have? Maybe if referees got less abuse more would be willing to give it a shot and we'd get a better standard of ref at this level.

footballs bent full stop ...........................

Sacked is a bit harsh but I am all for some sort of re-training or extra coaching for Refs who are seen to be making errors. Some sort of accountability anyway.

Sorry everyone, i'll take the blame for the crap officials today, I said it's the only way we'd lose the game and what happens? Worst officials since Gavin Ward and his muppet assistants. They weren't responsible for our poor performance or being 2 goals down but they were responsible for everything afterwards that prevented us getting back into it. Sorry, i'll keep my gob shut next time

Sacked is a bit harsh but I am all for some sort of re-training or extra coaching for Refs who are seen to be making errors. Some sort of accountability anyway.

i know but think how mad you would be at the end of the season and we dont make the play-offs or something by a point due to a ref mistake, the errors are to costly.

I sat in the West Stand and as the penalty appeal in the second half went up the ref was not even looking in that direction as he was behind Whitbread who was blocking his view,yet the linesman had a clear view..so why did he miss it?

Anybody who went to boro away 3-3 must have known this refereeing performance was inevitable. Shite ref who I hoped we'd never have again. Inept, along with his officials.

Palace were good today and people have said they deserved to win regardless of the ref, but had we got that peno and their man sent off for handling on the line... And I would love to know the difference between whitbread's foul on Tuesday night and the foul on de laet in the box today. Hope we never get Haines again.

Why are refs different to us?

Because we as failed/fustrated footballers chose to go support our club up and down the country. Knowing everything, picking the side telling the players managers and owners what they are doing wrong.

Refs however as failed/fustrated footballers chose to take money from the fa and ruin our saturday afternoons by generally fcuking up and not seeing the obvious.

Other than that not much.

Archived