Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Leeds Away

Being 17 then I take it you never want to get into pubs, clubs and try and make out your 18?

That's the trouble with 16/17 years olds they want it both ways. Under 18 when it's cheaper and over 18 when buying booze.

Back on topic, if the price is too high then simply don't go.

I actually don't want to go into pubs myself although I realise I'm probably a bit of an exception there, most fans my age do want to drink and get lower ticket prices so I take your point.

And yes I won't be going because of the prices but I would be if it wasn't for the system they have at Leeds.

17 and you don't drink. That is rare unless the price of a night out now is keeping the young ones away.

I wasn't referring to you personally, but on here you read posts all the time of young fans saying 'I'll get a junior ticket etc etc', then when in the ground or nearby want a drink or two.

17 and you don't drink. That is rare unless the price of a night out now is keeping the young ones away.

I wasn't referring to you personally, but on here you read posts all the time of young fans saying 'I'll get a junior ticket etc etc', then when in the ground or nearby want a drink or two.

I suspect that's 18/19 year olds feeling they shouldn't have to pay such ridiculous prices for something they love, so they'll try and get in with an under 18s ticket. I don't blame them, if they can get away with it and beat these pezzonovante fair play.

I don't see why someone would take sides with football clubs over young fans trying to have some fun and supporting their team.

West Ham charged over £30 last season and everyone was creaming over that mate for a very average London club who have won nothing for many years.

Extremely different that is and someone else has covered it.

That was the only game I've ever paid big for and it genuinely was a one-off for me, and although I enjoyed it (more than the WIN at Leeds I'd say) I won't be going if we were to go up, not at the prices they charge (nearly £40 I've heard, ridiculous).

Similar to what I was going to ask.

Is this a Leeds thing only or is it across the board, for those refusing to pay the prices?

So if Forest or Derby were to charge £34, would you refuse to go?

I'm not having a go here, just would like to know.

I think I'd refuse personally. Obviously you can't really say because the circumstances of every game will be different but say we had Forest away this weekend, if my only option was £34 I'd probably snub it in truth, just cannot bring myself to pay that for Championship football, it's just wrong.

I don't know if this point has made but another ridiculous aspect of the pricing at Leeds is that those over the age of 16 are incorporated into the adult price category. Now obviously, being a 17 year old myself I'm particularly against this but it just goes to show how little care there is for the supporters.

16-18 year olds will, in general, not have a job. As such, they're going to have a lot less money than an actual adult so they're rather unlikely to be paying the same prices as them! Blackburn did this as well, lumped the 16 year olds into the adult category.

I always appreciate clubs who will differentiate the consumer groups into adult, student, U18 and child.

Fully agreed with this, said it when I was 16 and still say it now I'm 19. It's incredibly ignorant.

I suspect that's 18/19 year olds feeling they shouldn't have to pay such ridiculous prices for something they love, so they'll try and get in with an under 18s ticket. I don't blame them, if they can get away with it and beat these pezzonovante fair play.

I don't see why someone would take sides with football clubs over young fans trying to have some fun and supporting their team.

This. I'm 19 and have absolutely no shame in saying I get U18's for the majority of games I go to. I'd not normally try and do this kind of thing but it's reached the point football clubs take the piss on such a silly level that I couldn't care less.

Increasing prices for 16 year olds doesn't just affect football, public transport companies do it, other entertainment industries etc. The reason they do it is because there used to be a time when most 16 year olds left school and went to work. This is why there are schemes such as young Pearson's railcards, student discounts etc, to assist those who went, or go, to college, and then Uni.

Im 21 in december and have no shame in saying i've never brought an adult ticket. even got in as an u12 last year at city once :ph34r: . But all of this is due to the high ticket prices that will continue to drive fans away. It isn't just leeds that do it. Football in general is overpriced for what we pay to view, Players are overpaid and it is the fans that have to stump up for these games week in week out.

So no i'm not going to leeds away but Sheff Wednesday instead.

Increasing prices for 16 year olds doesn't just affect football, public transport companies do it, other entertainment industries etc. The reason they do it is because there used to be a time when most 16 year olds left school and went to work. This is why there are schemes such as young Pearson's railcards, student discounts etc, to assist those who went, or go, to college, and then Uni.

Young Pearson's railcards. i like that.

Im 21 in december and have no shame in saying i've never brought an adult ticket. even got in as an u12 last year at city once :ph34r: . But all of this is due to the high ticket prices that will continue to drive fans away. It isn't just leeds that do it. Football in general is overpriced for what we pay to view, Players are overpaid and it is the fans that have to stump up for these games week in week out.

With an U18 ticket.....

It isn't just Leeds but I think for what is in my opinion, the worst treatment I've seen our fans receive at a game, to also charge the highest price in the league is a mega insult.

I've actually not missed a game this season but I believe I've only paid over £20 for one ticket.

Live in Leeds and haven't been to a game since Huddersfield, also won't be going to another until late January i'd imagine. So think i'm gunna have to swallow my pride and buy a ticket. I just can't go 3 months without seeing a game of football. Sorry for being a 'mug' guys :surrender:

Archived