Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Leeds Away

That's the worst time to sing it. If we went around and clubs like Preston, Scunthorpe etc.. all sung "we all hate Leicester" I'd be thoroughly embarrassed for them, and I know you Gaz as you're definitely not the sort I'm talking about here but it's generally sung by people who wonder why Leeds have such an ego, it's basically fueling it.

That's the worst time to sing it. If we went around and clubs like Preston, Scunthorpe etc.. all sung "we all hate Leicester" I'd be thoroughly embarrassed for them, and I know you Gaz as you're definitely not the sort I'm talking about here but it's generally sung by people who wonder why Leeds have such an ego, it's basically fueling it.

How about ''Ken Bates is a fooking Cvnt'' seemed to go down well when I started it last match there.

Ticket prices: Adults £34.00,

Seniors (60+) £23.00

Under 16's £16.00.

Tickets will go on sale:

Mon 12th Nov - Priority 1

Tues 13th Nov - Priority 2

Weds 14th Nov - Priority 3

Fri 16th Nov - General sale

Fox Travel departs from King Power Stadium at 3.00pm. Prices are: Over 18 STH £20.00, Over 18 £23.00, Under 18 STH £18.00, Under 18 £21.00.

Expected rip off pricing from Leeds scum there then.

How about ''Ken Bates is a fooking Cvnt'' seemed to go down well when I started it last match there.

Good shout that, horrendous cvnt.

Insulting pricing and I cannot believe people will pay it. Very mediocre away day especially on a midweek. Worst value for money day in football.

Sadly I have no choice but to go to the Leeds game. Well I do have a choice but I was oringinally planning to do Sheff away on the Saturday but F'in work have decided the only Saturday I have to work in that year HAS to be on the 24th :mad: . Luckily I won't be working a full day and but gain an extra days holiday, which im using on the Leeds game now and a night out on the piss.

Do agree with everyone's reasons tho for not wanting to go Leeds. Their pricing is worse than ours and their stewards....well lets not go there!

i dont see how Bates is allowed to charge this type of money for a average team at best in Leeds, myself i wont be going not at these prices, terrible prices and leeds should be ashamed :angry:

At the end of the day clubs can charge what they want, the prices remain so ridiculous because people continue to pay them. I agree it's absolutely shameful stuff and any club charging £30 or more in this division is a fvcking joke who I have no time for but sadly business mentality has completely crept into football and no-one's batted an eyelid.

At the end of the day clubs can charge what they want, the prices remain so ridiculous because people continue to pay them. I agree it's absolutely shameful stuff and any club charging £30 or more in this division is a fvcking joke who I have no time for but sadly business mentality has completely crept into football and no-one's batted an eyelid.

West Ham charged over £30 last season and everyone was creaming over that mate for a very average London club who have won nothing for many years.

Similar to what I was going to ask.

Is this a Leeds thing only or is it across the board, for those refusing to pay the prices?

So if Forest or Derby were to charge £34, would you refuse to go?

I'm not having a go here, just would like to know.

Similar to what I was going to ask.

Is this a Leeds thing only or is it across the board, for those refusing to pay the prices?

So if Forest or Derby were to charge £34, would you refuse to go?

I'm not having a go here, just would like to know.

I think the circumstances and the importance should come in to it, for example big games at important times of the season mean people probably be willing to pay a little more..whereas a tuesday night in November means people are reluctant to pay that kind of money.

Personally I've never paid more than £30 a ticket, and don't think I'd pay more that even if it was Forest or Derby. especially whilst it is a championship fixture.

I think the circumstances and the importance should come in to it, for example big games at important times of the season mean people probably be willing to pay a little more..whereas a tuesday night in November means people are reluctant to pay that kind of money.

Personally I've never paid more than £30 a ticket, and don't think I'd pay more that even if it was Forest or Derby. especially whilst it is a championship fixture.

Exactly. It's all about costs and priorities.

Leeds is £34 for the ticket, £20 for the travel (let's say) and another £10 for food/drinks (being conservative.)

About £70 for a match in midweek, close to Xmas and means not a lot at this stage in the season. That for me is too much and I won't be going. That can pay for some of the Xmas presents I plan on buying.

West Ham last season was on a Saturday, it's a London day out and it hadn't been done for a while. Understandable it got 'creamed' over.

Forest and Derby, prices are high but a return ticket is what, max £10, railcard it and you're talking around £6-7, so the overall cost is reduced. What's more it's another good and close day out for people and those with mates who can't make long awayers, hence people more willing to pay. Not to mention the 'rivalry' aspect many have for those games.

If Leeds was a play-off semi then of course I and everyone else who wasn't going would turn around and go. The stature of the game is as important as the price. Normal game which won't make or break the season, on a midweek, which has been played so many times over the last few years, the reputation of the stewards and atmosphere is of course going to put people off.

I don't think anyone is having a go at those going, (and those who are should really pipe down). We live in a free world where your disposable income is that, yours. Spend it on what you wish. I hope we win, win big and those who go get their moneys worth.

I don't think anyone is having a go at those going, (and those who are should really pipe down). We live in a free world where your disposable income is that, yours. Spend it on what you wish. I hope we win, win big and those who go get their moneys worth.

This. Like last season :thumbup: .

I don't know if this point has made but another ridiculous aspect of the pricing at Leeds is that those over the age of 16 are incorporated into the adult price category. Now obviously, being a 17 year old myself I'm particularly against this but it just goes to show how little care there is for the supporters.

16-18 year olds will, in general, not have a job. As such, they're going to have a lot less money than an actual adult so they're rather unlikely to be paying the same prices as them! Blackburn did this as well, lumped the 16 year olds into the adult category.

I always appreciate clubs who will differentiate the consumer groups into adult, student, U18 and child.

Exactly. It's all about costs and priorities.

Leeds is £34 for the ticket, £20 for the travel (let's say) and another £10 for food/drinks (being conservative.)

About £70 for a match in midweek, close to Xmas and means not a lot at this stage in the season. That for me is too much and I won't be going. That can pay for some of the Xmas presents I plan on buying.

West Ham last season was on a Saturday, it's a London day out and it hadn't been done for a while. Understandable it got 'creamed' over.

Forest and Derby, prices are high but a return ticket is what, max £10, railcard it and you're talking around £6-7, so the overall cost is reduced. What's more it's another good and close day out for people and those with mates who can't make long awayers, hence people more willing to pay. Not to mention the 'rivalry' aspect many have for those games.

If Leeds was a play-off semi then of course I and everyone else who wasn't going would turn around and go. The stature of the game is as important as the price. Normal game which won't make or break the season, on a midweek, which has been played so many times over the last few years, the reputation of the stewards and atmosphere is of course going to put people off.

This is a very sensible post and I agree entirely with your thoughts. Leeds overall is costing me less than some other away games taking into account factors you mention. What I dislike is the fact some people concentrate completely on the ticket price when it's only a couple of quid different to other ticket prices that they are all over like a rash and single out the ticket price as the only issue.

Any one wo says it's expensive, midweek, shit ground, terrible stewards and near Xmas I can understand and completely respect. As you say I am very lucky I am in a situation that I can afford to go to every match and don't have to pick and choose.

One of the posters on here does have a very different view on this to me and I know him personally, there is no issue between us we just agree to disagree.

I don't know if this point has made but another ridiculous aspect of the pricing at Leeds is that those over the age of 16 are incorporated into the adult price category. Now obviously, being a 17 year old myself I'm particularly against this but it just goes to show how little care there is for the supporters.

Being 17 then I take it you never want to get into pubs, clubs and try and make out your 18?

That's the trouble with 16/17 years olds they want it both ways. Under 18 when it's cheaper and over 18 when buying booze.

Back on topic, if the price is too high then simply don't go.

Archived