Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lobsterboyuk

How popular is FoxesTalk with fans who sing?

How many FoxesTalk members sing and where do you sit?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you sit/stand in the KP

• L1, K1, J1
    • Somewhere else in the East Stand
    • Kop (SK..)
    • West Stand
    • Family Stand
  2. 2. Do you sing?

• Every match even if nobody else does
    • When the people around me do
    • Only when the ref makes a questionable decision
    • Never

Judging by the atmosphere this season either the vast majority of FT sits in L/K1 or we have a hell of a lot of bullshitters on here.

"Never, I can't eat prawn sandwiches and sing at the same time!"

I don't particularly like the inference that if you don't sing, you're not a proper fan. Some people just don't like to sing - funnily enough, some people go to Leicester games to watch Leicester play football. If people want to sing, fine - I sing at away games, but when I go to home games I sit with my Grandad in the East Stand and I sit and watch the game and have a chat with him. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

Some sense in this part of the forum. Well I never!

I always thought it was an age thing. What was cool in your teens/20s suddenly becomes deeply uncool in your 40s/50s. I used to chant with the best of them back in my youth, home and away. These days if I sing, I feel like a sad old twat. I'd rather sit in the west stand, watch the game and talk to my family. Hell if they sold prawn sandwiches that were safe to eat, I'd be chowing down on those too.

Also, the song reportoire seems to have died a death sometime in the late 80s. We had about 15 years of "leicester leicester", "blue army", "stand up" etc. Possibly it's the rose tinted glasses of my youth but I'm sure the singing used to be more varied and witty.

I always thought it was an age thing. What was cool in your teens/20s suddenly becomes deeply uncool in your 40s/50s. I used to chant with the best of them back in my youth, home and away. These days if I sing, I feel like a sad old twat. I'd rather sit in the west stand, watch the game and talk to my family. Hell if they sold prawn sandwiches that were safe to eat, I'd be chowing down on those too.

Also, the song reportoire seems to have died a death sometime in the late 80s. We had about 15 years of "leicester leicester", "blue army", "stand up" etc. Possibly it's the rose tinted glasses of my youth but I'm sure the singing used to be more varied and witty.

Looks like I'm an uncool sad old twat then.

Archived